It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Having Extremely Unusual Dreams?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So vivid that they are more real than when you wake up and are on this side??

Almost halucinating dreams.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

YES!!! It is a bit strange you started this thread, as I was just talking with a family member a bit ago about this very subject. I have been having extraordinary vivd dreams. I can touch, taste, and smell, and feel a certain degree of pain. Two nights ago, I even pinched myself in my dream to make sure I was not dreaming. I sincerely believe in my dreams that what is happening is real, and have been experiencing this for the last 4-5 months. I have always had strange, very real dreams, but nothing like the sort that I've experienced recently. Like you mentioned, they have been VERY strange and vivid, involving very old friends of mine I havent seen for 15 years aswell as my deceased grandparents. They have felt so real I feel very intense when I wake up. Hope to hear what other people say in this thread; Should be interesting. S&F

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Enigami]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Enigami]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Actually, I have had very vivid dreams all my life. I usually have all senses in the dream- sometimes I can even tell everyone in the dream to stop and try this again if I do not like the way my dream is progressing. The other "players" act all hurt like a cast that thought they did the scene right.

One of my common problems in my dreams that I have is if there is any "gun-play" the damn guns never work right.

I have been thinking more of my father as of late-so I think that is why he turns up in my dreams...if he talks which normally he doesnt (he is deceased)
he says the same things he said in life.

The strangest dreams I have involve UFOs...but I am always happy to see, they almost attract me-most times. Sometimes I feel like I need to hide from them-especially if they are shining a light at the ground or windows.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I had a super intense dream in my afternoon nap. I seriously was walking around in my dream knowing it was reality. The locations were correct down to the last detail. I mean seriously I knew it was real.

It felt like hours had passed in my dream. I woke up and only an hour had passed in "real" life. It was crazy.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I've also had extremely vivid dreams my whole life. They're so vivid I actually have to auto-delete them upon wake up. I force myself not to remember them.

Some of them are horrifically twisted. Most are, actually.

I guess that's what this world does to the brain.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Do you live near California...

Freund's mechanism for turning rock stress into distant light and electrical activity extends to earthquake phenomena. A cloud of p-holes, released at depth from seismic stress, can erupt from the ground as a solid-state plasma, causing effects that include earthquake lights, infrared emissions detected from space, radio noise, large-scale disturbances in the upper atmosphere, and even animal behavior and human premonitions.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=8611196#pid8611196

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I go a few weeks with really vivid and weird dreams.

And then I go a few weeks with the most normal dreams ever, like not normal for a dream, just like a regular day, no flying or anything like that, just like it's not a dream but just regular life.

It's like a weird cycle

But for the question, yep vivid lately, but I have cut back on the booze

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is my first post (been reading stuff around here for a month or so) and I just HAD to reply to this thread.

Lately I too have been having these vivid dreams. Some of them don't make sense but they certainly have been occurring. From the beginning of this year I've started having lots of dreams and I don't usually dream that much.

Seems like our subconscious is trying to tell us something?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
yes,ive noticed this lately too. very lucid, distinct in my memory almost like a dejavu or deep nostalgia, sometimes its a feeling i can only describe as a longing, but i dont know for what? . very noticable this year. very real. in one i was trying to punch a guy and my arms wouldnt work, the frustration was something indescribable.

whatever feeling or emotion was in the dream lingers hardcore the whole morning.

::edit:: more than once now i woke up with some physical ailment like a sore foot or brused knee, dont know if its related. but was very baffling in the morning.

and i do live in california

[edit on 20-4-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
YES! I thought it was just me. The past couple of dreams that I remember were extremely vivid and in technicolor, especially the one the night before last about the planets in space having erratic movements because they were being pulled toward the sun. I felt like I was literally up in space looking straight at them. They were HUGE! When I came back down to Earth, my husband and I were running because of meteors streaking through the sky and because we knew that Venus was being pulled into the sun which meant (in my dream at least) that the Earth was going to be too close to the sun thus roasting us all. I have no idea where I thought we were going to go.LOL We were just running I guess because we didn't know what else to do. At the last minute, time 'froze', and we were 'visited' by what I assume was God, angels, or some sort of supreme space beings. I wish I could remember what they said. That was one freaky dream. It was like dreaming in 3-D if that makes any sense. Everything was popping out at me like it was right in front of my face. I don't usually have dreams like that. Just wanted to share before the memories fade. Thanks for the topic, OP.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by gazerstar]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
So vivid that they are more real than when you wake up and are on this side??

Almost halucinating dreams.

The kind where when it ends, you open your eyes and you say to yourself (possibly out loud), "whoa"?

If so, yes.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Almost halucinating dreams

Yes.... one where I was one of Obama's bodyguards, and someone tried to assassinate him along with the bodyguards, but I could replay it using different defensive tactics but unfortunately same result each time. And another where I was an Israeli sat round a dinner table in the Netanyahu household (scary).

And another one with giant robotic but real looking spiders, where I couldn't stand up so had to crawl away slowly, but it kept following me.

Must be too much ATS.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I too have been having a lot of lucid dreams lately. I usually get them about every 3-4 months but lately a couple a week. I have controlled my dreams before to the point of being able to fly like NEO in the Matrix.

I live in Vancouver and the best ever of these dreams occurred in the main Port of Vancouver. I started in the East end of the container terminal and could fly from crane to crane kind of like Spider-Man jumps from building to building. The funny thing about it is the whole time I knew I was dreaming and it took a lot of focus to stay in the dream as obviously I was excited. The sensation I felt just before jumping is difficult to describe but almost like a tickling, tugging feeling in my torso. I didn't get it right at first and would sometimes miss but I never felt pain or fear only overwhelming joy and excitement.

The best dream I've ever had. I've had similar in terms of control and like another poster said I could RESET the situation and start over. It's true what they say. The nights I have lucid dreams I wake up feeling like $1 000 000.

If the 2012 change is also spiritual and perhaps some of those dormant regions of the brain may be activating with changes in our space environments electromagnetism. Our brain and electromagnetism are closely related.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You also have to remember that dreams do need interpretation based on your present situation and inclings as often the dreams are reflections of your subconscious.

Lucid dreams fall into a different category I think. I think it's cool that your body is sleeping but you are fully awake but only in your head. Cool to contemplate.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I had this dream 2 nights ago. I had this electronic band around my head which was a new future invention. You took this tablet and put it in the front of the forhead, like a third eye. Then it took you to whatever dream you desired th dream state was a dream within a dream and came across very real. It remind me of total recall.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by anonymousproxy]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

Mine are very similar. Dreams with people i havent seen in many years, dead people who never "visited" me before, Very bright vivid dreams, not hazy like before.

I am always by the ocean with roaring waves, and extremely sunny beautiful skies, and each recurring dream of this same scenario is brighter and closer, and these people are inside this house telling me the house is mine. Its absolutely beautiful!!! I just cant believe my luck, the only thing is i have to clean the house before i move in.

But its way too real for me. I used to have vague black and white dreams. I take the same medication all the time, so it isnt that.

I did have a fleeting thought that maybe that is where i go when i die? Could that be it?

I hope not too soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousproxy

Make sure you don't have a "Schizophrenic Embolizism" on your vacation to Mars as Super Agent Quaid

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I guess this is where we all laugh.

ha ha ha

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by anonymousproxy

Make sure you don't have a "Schizophrenic Embolizism" on your vacation to Mars as Super Agent Quaid
Oh brother! I tell ya, the laughs just keep coming.

Ha.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
totally

i think the our brains are so tied into earth's magnetic field (like birds, etc.) that when we're sleeping it's like catnip for our dreams

or it could be the weed

either/or

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join