It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supports UN Action on Cheonan If N.K. is Involved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

US Supports UN Action on Cheonan If N.K. is Involved

www.arirang.co.kr

The United States has officially supported the idea of putting the sinking of South Korean warship, Cheonan, before the United Nations Security Council if North Korea is confirmed as the culprit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What kinda actions would UN security council take if North Korea did intentionally sunk the warship? That cost If i remember correctly 38 lives. Earlier in the news, leading experts agree the cause of the ship sinking is more then likely caused by "external explosion". By considering if the damage went inward not outward. but agreed their still investigating it though.

There's no doubt in my mind this might be a real false flag unfolding, Considering the South Korea president...vow to take revenge, on "whatever or whomever" caused the sinking of the ship and the men lives aboard.

Looking forward to reading some interesting input that ATS community usually gives.

Also forgot to mention...the South Korean Warship was A submarine hunting ship equip with

1. Twelve Mark 9 depth charges
  2. Six torpedoes
  3. Two Bofors 40 mm/70 guns
  4. Two Otobreda 76 mm/62 compact guns (OTO Melara)
  5. Boeing AGM-84 Harpoon missiles

Since the ship was in the northern Korean waters and including that the ship was made for sub hunting.. It could very well mean that the ship was in their waters and was attack by NK submarine

www.arirang.co.kr
Sinking of the ship CAUSED BY EXTERNAL EXPLOSION

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Rentor]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Even if it was a 50 year old North Korean sea mine that sank the Cheonan like I once read that could have been the reason, would it still be 'intentional' or 'accidental' and how hard would 'they' push that it was intentional?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I am gonna quote some interesting things from wikipedia.

On 26 March 2010, an explosion occurred near the rear of the ship causing it to break in two.[7] The cause of this explosion has not yet been determined,[8][9] although experts say that an external explosion was likely, as the structure of the the ship was bent upwards, rather than evenly splitting as would have happened if metal fatigue had been the cause, and an internal explosion was unlikely, as explosives on board the ship were undamaged.[4]

LINK

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The United Nations would do nothing. They would argue for months before they eventually said nothing... at least nothing of importance. They would lament the increased tensions between the two countries while giving NK's development of nuclear weapons lip service, if it were mentioned at all. Some nation with a pair would suggest sanctions, and they would be subsequently shot down. Ultimately, there would be a speech by someone with a funny accent about how we all need to get along and that would be it until the next time it happened... in which case the cycle of idiocy would continue unabaited.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Well ya that might be the case really, but this might be actually attack that cost more then 2 dozen lives and a warship. In the past they had attacks but no injuries or damage done like sinking...mainly it was just about bickering.

Man where have I heard these stories before
Ship sinks by some Communist Nation or whoever...resulting in deaths and BOOM WAR

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well I agree that the UN wouldn't do anything. But the US would definately back S. Korea if they decided to retaliate. USA already has soldiers there and they would help the South, but I can't see any additional forces being sent besides some jets/a carrier.

I just wonder if this issue is kind of dying on the vine...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Well one would have to question the serious of the South Korean president when he said "I vowed revenge on whoever or whatever did this" Have you watch the emotional display the president presented in the speech. REALLY STRONG ONES, ONES YOU SAY AND MEAN IT. The guy was balling his eyes out. Nobody displays those emotions and those words and not mean it

top topics

join