It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it is possible to train yourself to see beyond the normal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm interested in training myself to see a little further than the normal spectrum of light. Is there anyway to see "beyond" visible light, without night vision cameras, or IR goggles?

Light spectrum

I would also like to train myself to see in the dark, and me more spatially aware. If anyone has any tips on enhancing vision in any way (IR, UV, night vision, etc.), please share. Make this the thread for "seeing things" we don't normally see. It can even be paranormal or something. Just keep out drug references.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Phlynx]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I like where your head is at! I dont know how/ if it is possible, but you probably need to replace the photoreceptors in your eye. Dont worry, its easy, all you need is a soldering iron and 5-10 minutes. Now all we need to know is what wavelength is required to see through bras

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Mentally it is possible to become more aware of your surroundings. Physically, the way you are asking, i doubt.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Do you think it is possible to train yourself to see beyond the normal? »

no.

I know it is possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Do you think it is possible to train yourself to see beyond the normal? »

no.

I know it is possible.

How?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think that its possible also, I have been trying to train myself to do things different ways, I am right handed and have been trying to learn to right with my left, it may sound small, but I think that if you can retrain yourself to do things using both sides of your brain, considering we really dont do that, that other senses will start to contribute naturally.

I would assume this is how someone with disabilities, such as blindness, have taught themselves to be dependent on their senses.

I would start with the small stuff, and see where it goes.

Peace to you...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I think that its possible also, I have been trying to train myself to do things different ways, I am right handed and have been trying to learn to right with my left, it may sound small, but I think that if you can retrain yourself to do things using both sides of your brain, considering we really dont do that, that other senses will start to contribute naturally.

I would assume this is how someone with disabilities, such as blindness, have taught themselves to be dependent on their senses.

I would start with the small stuff, and see where it goes.

Peace to you...

Thanks, I have tried that before. Sense I type at 70-80 words per minute, I am nearly left handed.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I really do think that all the senses go hand and hand and thats where we are lost a bit, if we were to get our regular 5 senses, to work on an entirely different level than I know that not only would we awaken our other senses, but also instincts, and intuition, and I think that is the best way to.

I also started seasoning my meals and trying to smell it to see if I can taste it, and try to get all my senses to work together, I know it will take steps, but thats the process of enlightening yourself, so keep up with it, and I hope it goes well for you.

Peace to you...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

If anyone has any tips on enhancing vision in any way (IR, UV, night vision, etc.), please share.

I have heard of a phenomenon whereby individuals who have lost their ability to see gain sharper hearing and sense of smell and touch. Also I have heard that people with mental problems are stronger than the average person of similar stature. I would imagine that this is a way that the body makes up for areas that are damaged or lost.

By this reasoning I can come to the conclusion that improved eyesight would occur naturally by disabling some of your other senses. The traditional five senses are sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste.

Find out which ones you could do without and start experimenting. You know use earplugs and wear mittens so that you can't feel anything and see if you could discern an increase in your ability to see at night. If not proceed to a nose plug and choker ball in addition to the mittens and earplugs.

Let me know how that turns out.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Listen there's the two sides of the brain and then there's the pineal gland.

What you are looking for works through what science calls "proprioreception" -- that's the basic level. For example when you listen to music, usually falsetto or high frequency female voice -- you get the shivers? That's prioprioreception! Science has proven that when you get the "chills" from music it activates your immune system through natural opiates.

Now then what's the function? The answer is a nonwestern exercise called the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" -- it's found in Taoist Alchemy or Kundalini yoga as per the lineage of Yogananda. Essentially is the 12 notes of the music scale applied to the outer body.

So how to practice it? EASY -- you can read this book -- "awaken the healing energy of the tao" for free scribd -- Mantak Chia. Then you get the Level one Sitting meditation c.d. from springforestqigong.com...

Now then -- you want to see x rays right? Gamma rays? No problem! That's called qigong in China or yoga in India -- both had "civilization" twice as long as the West. Or you can go Bushmen -- the original humans -- they call it !Xia from the N/um -- kundalini or boiling energy of the stomach.

O.K. now you need links....

1) awaken the healing energy of the tao - Mantak Chia:

www.scribd.com...

This is the beginning level experiences -- great read!

So now you want to train to have x-ray vision, gamma rays, etc?

www.springforestqigong.com...

This is the FOUNDATION for alchemy!! Easy and very powerful -- small universe aka microcosmic orbit exercise!

Here's the images of the small universe practice:

www.kheper.net...

And now for the advanced training -- think I'm joking -- this takes you to the final achievement!!

books.google.com...:++alchemy+and+immortality&source=bl&ots=CzXMfRSq6X&sig=VE-WdN-QDAvMuW qwqRqqyscmQzA&hl=en&ei=gw7NS6SeI4369ATN_YmfDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCIQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Now then the issue is do you get X-ray vision? Can you change decay rates of radiation?

sci.tech-archive.net...

The answer is yes -- just read about Yan Xin, qigong master!

homepages.ihug.co.nz...

More science studies of Yan Xin.

But now you want to see this stuff in ACTION! Then you need John Chang.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Kind of an odd topic but a good one...It would be great to be able to see at night or even be more aware of your surroundings...Its got me thinking maybe I will start doing things with my left hand instead of right just to be a little more adgile...people don't usually do these kinds of things unless something bad happens like they injure their right hand and have to learn to use the left one more to compensate...but i think its a good idea to at least try...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Open the third eye and you will see.

The pineal can take some work to decacify, vit K2 worked for mine. I can see with my eyes closed after coming out of deep meditation, living things like my dog are much easier to see. I didnt ask for this, I came out of chakra med in a blackout and couldnt find the candle so sensed my way around and realized I could see better with my eyes closed, it was like it was a dreamscape clear yet different.

"if thine eye be single, thy whole body be full of light"

If you balance the lower chakra up the throat, then the next will be indigo (the pineal) But the changes youll experience from chakra balance will mean seeing with your eyes closed, or seeing paranormal activity, will seem like a petty useless side effect in comparison.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
On a few occasions, while waiting to fall asleep, I've noticed that I could see my room through my closed eyelids. Everything had a sort of greenish tint to it like seeing through night vision goggles. I've made a few threads about it on various dream related forums, and invariably other people have experienced this as well. It's been suggested that I was recreating my room mentally, but that doesn't give credit to the dynamic mess I call my room. I was able to get up and navigate the mess, locate objects, all with my eyes closed.

And then there is the Shadow People, which are most commonly seen when awakening. I read a theory that said something about seeing with the rods of the eye instead of the cones, or the cones instead of the rods, but I can't find a reference to that for the life of me.

And let's not forget Castaneda's "seeing", the ability to see the energy form of the world around you. I've managed to see in that manner once, but that was due to ingesting a ridiculous amount of magic mushrooms. I know most people will blame that on a hallucination, but I'm adamant it was "seeing". I lack the words to describe it, but it was something else completely. I remember thinking "I've seen like this before, in fact I see like this all the time!".

There has to be a way to train yourself to do such things, but damned if I know what they are.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

So K2 -- calcium absorption? I guess that makes sense as the pineal gland is a piezoelectric transducer via calcium crystals....

Or do you have another theory for why K2 opened up your pineal gland?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Coming from me this is probably confusing, but although you can't see IR or UV, not having receptors for it, you can have a blast learning to perceive other "inputs" as visual data.

Go to Amazon and plunk down $3.00 on Mark Smith's "Learn to see auras in 60 seconds". Give it about five days. I think what he's teaching is a way to externalize data you're picking up some other way, but even a die-hard empiricist like myself was able to do it in about two days of practice.

The hard part was "learning not to see auras" after you start doing it, it can be really annoying at times.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There is an excellant book called "The Seven Deadly Colors" you would find fascinating! All colour we perceive is drawn from recognition in three cones which cover the red (the lowest frequency), green, and blue spectrums, and fire the imagery to our brains. Some creatures, such as kestrels and voles, have a fourth cone which sees ultraviolet rays. It was a well-organized explanation, dividing portions up into deeper reseaches, but carrying on with a long chapter devoted to each band of colour and it's significances. Green-leafed plants take no energy from the green spectrum of light during photosynthesis, only red and blue. A green filter over the sun would wipe out all plant life on earth

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I'll check it out -- thanks for the low down.

But what about magnesium? It's a photoreceptor and is in chlorophyll -- instead of iron for blood (otherwise they're the same!) -- this photoreceptor of magnesium activates the pineal gland!

So you're saying the green in chlorophyll takes in the red -- blue spectrum of light? Spirulina research by Dr. Christopher Hills relies on Japanese studies of the

photoelectric effect of chlorophyll -- it's like a P.V. cell -- photovoltaic -- so by eating chlorophyll we get the "buzz" -- converting sun to electromagnetic energy -- and increased colors in our dreams.

Magnesium -- photoreceptor. I think that melatonin works similarly -- as it's made from the pineal gland -- and then turns into '___'. Oops I said '___'. haha.

Yeah so melatonin is found in milk if the cow is milked at night! haha -- it's increased but also there normally as well. Also at high elevations melatonin increases naturally. -- More ultraviolet per chance?

Ah it's just "Seven Deadly Colors"

www.amazon.com...

Oh Andrew Parker! Yeah I read his "In the Blink of an Eye" -- awesome book -- the secret is what he describes as "quantum diffraction gradients"!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Andrew Parker, that sounds right

so by eating chlorophyll we get the "buzz" -- converting sun to electromagnetic energy -- and increased colors in our dreams.

That's worth remembering too, thanks.

I'd have to reread the book re. the specifics of the chemicals, it was pretty technical. Yet, as an easy experiment, they put jars of aquatic plants under a separate red, green, and blue light. Only the red and blue lights showed bubbles and other measured signs of photosynthesis.

Cops wear blue-violet in their uniforms because it's the highest frequency, and will draw the most attention.

The kestrel account was intriguing. They'll fly over roadways in order to easily spot the ultraviolet pee of voles, then will attempt to follow those same trails into grasses, switching to visual range oncemovement is spotted. I can't see humans developing the means unmodified however, we lack the basic equipment of that fourth cone.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Some great links guys! thanks!

I gotta go to work but gonna have a good read of this thread later!

By the way, i agree with Polar, vitamin K2 works, i've been taking it for several months now. They say it helps remove the fluoride which builds up in the pineal gland. I'll find some links later if no-one else has by then.

Also, to the OP, yes you can increase your sight range. Here's the coolest thing, when i astral project, sometimes i can see in 360 degrees at once. It's hard to even get your head around the idea when you're used to seeing only with your eyes.. but it has opened my perception so that occasionally ( not at will ) it happens even when i'm not projecting. Freaks the hell out of people when i've caught a ball thats been thrown from behind me without turning my head
..I only wish i could do it at will!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

ultraviolet pee of voles. That's SWEET!

thanks for the follow up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join