It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the world need a new religion?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The world is a wonderous place, filled with many different beliefs and ideas, some are truely life changing and positive while other ideas are hate filled and breed violence.

In my opinion religion isn't a bad thing, they have their good and bad points... generally religion is used as a control mechanism and does not fully address a persons needs. I am not religious but I do consider myself to be spiritual, none of the mainstream religions cater for what I need/want, there seems to be great division amongst various sects of the same religions, the world needs a religion that will unite us all under a common goal and purpose.

There appears to be a great division between various ideas that I think should infact be unified, the physical/material world and the spiritual realms, science and religion, love and hate, good and evil... the list is endless. We live in an existance of duality and I believe it is an important part of who we are, good cannot exist without evil and vice versa, this dualism is a nessecary part of our existance as it drives development and acheivement.
More often than not people try and separate these things, when I think they need to be unified and understood for what they are.

Current mainstream religions do not seem to offer the requirements for a changing belief system and social order. Now, I can imagine many of you are thinking that I am a New World Order stooge and that I am trying to further their agenda, I can say right now I DO NOT agree with their totalitarian ideals, their desire for total control over man.
We are more than what we have been told we are, I cannot find a religion that caters for who I am and I am sure there are many reading this that feel the same.
I my opinion the abrahamic, monotheistic, judeo-christian religions serve for one purpose only, complete control over man.

We are both carnal creatures of the flesh and spiritual beings, we should enjoy our existance here on the earth and experience everything that we can, we should NOT deny ourselves of our own impulses and desires, as many right hand path religions state, we should indugle in the pleasures of this world aslong as it does not effect anyone elses freedom of choice. I believe that the pupose of existance here on earth is to experience all that we can and to learn from those experiences, they may be good and/or bad, we may not understand why we endure such experiences and question them especially if it was a negative one. The important thing is we understand that it is nessecary to go through negative and positive experiences alike so that we can learn from them, expand and grow.
These experiences of the flesh then can lead to a new and devolping spiritual growth, the physical and spiritual go hand in hand and feed off each other.
Traditional right hand path beliefs deny the flesh and materialism that goes with it, while left hand path beliefs deny the spiritual! What is needed is a unification of both of these belief systems, a central path, one that takes the best from both belief systems.

Some would like you to believe that these do not go hand in hand and that they oppose each other, but remember! Dualism, one cannot exist without the other and that they are both nessecary for the propagation and growth of both.

First of all I want to define, for those who are unaware, what I mean by the left hand path and the right hand path.

Please click here

Now I shall talk about some of the right hand path philosophies and the aspects of them which I believe to be beneficial.

Theosophy was founded by Helena Blavatsky, Henry Olcott and William Judge, it is a belief that holds the ideals of philosophy, science, the arts and commerce as a means of leading people closer to what they call, "The Absolute", which put simply is the evolution of man through various "root" races. The word Theosophy literally translates as, "God-Wisdom" and see's that all religions have a kernal of truth hidden within them and looks into them for inherrant truths, which I believe to be true, religion is a man-made concept but at the centre of them all are some divine truths most of which are shared by multiple religions and philosophies.

Please take a look at the Theosophical Societies website here

Another interesting right hand path philosophy is Thelema, created by Aleister Crowley, once dubbed the wickedest man in the world!

Aleister Crowley believed himself to be the prophet of the new age, which quite frankly is a delusion of granduer on his part, none the less some of the ideas that he presented are interesting. He outlined the principals of Thelema in his book called, The Book of the Law, which was apparently communicated to him by a non corporeal being that called itself Aiwass.
Thelema leans heavily on mysticism and the Kabbalah, the Kabbalistic Tree of Life is important to the philosophy as its degree's of advancement are related to it.

Some important points about Thelema -

* Duty to the self, to learn about one's inner nature.

* To develop all of your faculties, physically, mentally and spiritually in a balanced way.

* To secure the greatest liberties to all of mankind, to ensure equality.

* Duty to all things and beings, to live in a harmonious manner on the planet.

Please take a look at Thelema's website here

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Now I will talk about some of the beneficial aspects of left hand path philosophies, the physical nessecities of man of which should NOT be denyed but embraced.

I find some of the ideas of Anton Szandor LeVay, founder of the Church of Satan and LeVayan Satanism, quite interesting and worthy of some merit.
Please let go of your preconceptions regarding Satanism, you will find with some research that a lot of the things that are said about it are nothing more than utter rubbish and slanderous filth by struggling religious faiths.

Some important points about LeVayan Satanism -

* LeVayan Satanism represents kindness to those who deserve it

* LeVayan Satanism advocates living by your own rules and setting your own boundaries, so long as it does not infringe upon anyone elses rights.

* Religions must be put to the question, No moral dogma must be taken for granted - no standard of measurement deified, there is nothing inherently sacred about moral codes, like the wooden idols of long ago they are the work of human hands.

* LeVayan Satanism represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.

* As times change, so must the beliefs so that they represent what is thought to be true.

* LeVayan Satanism represents responsibility to the responsible.

* People should have freedom from indoctrination and the forcefull acceptance of religious dogma.

* LeVayan Satanism advocates an eye for an eye mentality.

* Live your life now! Carpe Diem.

Having listed these points, I see these as the beneficial elements that can be taken from LeVayan Satanism, I do not agree with the whole belief that is set out in LeVayan Satanism, there is a great deal of Nihlism and loathing of that which is spiritual.

Another left hand path philosophy that intrigues me, but again does not hold all the answers is Luciferianism.

Please click here

The Church of Lucifer is a modern Luciferian organization, which views Lucifer as a symbol of the never-ending quest for wisdom and a force of and behind particular aspects of nature, It has been active for over twenty years.

So what is Luciferianism? It is a philosophy based upon aquiring knowledge, it gets its name from Lucifer - the light bearer, those of you who are well versed in occultism will know that light = knowledge. It is said that Lucifer represents intellectualism and enlightenment, that he was a fallen angel who disagreed with God and as punishment he was cast out of heaven and into the lake of fire.

Here is a quote from the Neo-Luciferian Churches website.

Luciferianism is a magickal philosophy with few, if any, fixed dogmas. More often the luciferian magician is inspired by a multitude of different sources.
If there is any dogma at all, it is each persons individual aspiration to imitate and mobilize the force which s/he call by diverse names, but which we – out of convienience – call Lucifer, Phosperous and other names. The main idea is to take responsibility for your own life and act as an individual moral agent, using the full potential of your own genius and thereby optimizing your own possibilities.

please click here

I have thus far concentrated on occult philosophies and beliefs, one's which some may say contradict eachother and you would be correct, as a whole they contradict eachother but I believe that selected parts of these philosophies are beneficial to our existance, mostly they are dualist in nature as I have previously stated I believe duality is an important part of our existance and earthly experience.

In my later posts I will concentrate on some of the mainstream religions and aspects which I believe to be true, also I shall add my ideas on the unification of science and religion, so to finalise this post,

Does the world need a new religion?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Theosophy? Lucis (Lucifer) Trust? Alice Bailey? Blavatsky? Crowley?

How about Maitreya and SHARE international, or were you saving that for the next installment of this thread! Sanat Kumara, the Lord of the World?
Perhaps the Supreme Architect of the Universe deserves an "honourable mention" fo you. And Blue Beam technology, ELF towers, Mind Control of the masses, all leading up to an RFID tatoo which will be the bended knee to the system And it's new religion. A free-will Bow to Lucifer, is all Lucis Trust is driving for.

You may not be a "stooge" of the nwo, but it certainly looks like you are a lone wolf working alongside them.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Na, the west got rid of it using sex. If you want to get rid of religion only way is to make society obsessed with sex.

Basic but true. Its the only think we all have in common, shame, but it is.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Theosophy? Lucis (Lucifer) Trust? Alice Bailey? Blavatsky? Crowley?

How about Maitreya and SHARE international, or were you saving that for the next installment of this thread! Sanat Kumara, the Lord of the World?
Perhaps the Supreme Architect of the Universe deserves an "honourable mention" fo you. And Blue Beam technology, ELF towers, Mind Control of the masses, all leading up to an RFID tatoo which will be the bended knee to the system And it's new religion. A free-will Bow to Lucifer, is all Lucis Trust is driving for.

You may not be a "stooge" of the nwo, but it certainly looks like you are a lone wolf working alongside them.

Have you actually read my thread? or have you just quickly skimmed through it and seen, theosophy, crowley and luciferianism and come to conclusion that what I am talking about is my attempt at being a "lone wolf" working alongside the NWO.

You've added 2+2 and come up with the answer of 33

Do yourself a favour and stop the baseless accusations, try looking into things for yourself rather than believing in what you've been told is wrong and evil.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I love the part about promoting satanism as an answer to our religion "problems" - lol, that'll cure us of ALL our societal ills. With a black concience that no longer cares about morals - hate to break it to you, but Satanism in high places IS our problem. Even if it looks whitewashed on paper, theory and practice are entirely different things.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
To op religion and spiritual stuff is not bad, but the ptb are going to force your labido open whether you like it or not.

They know we are divided by religions and the only common basic thing we all have is sex. Sex and those desires will break down any religion.

The irony is all religions are based on sex, lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Most new religions are called cults. So i do not think the world needs a new religion there are plenty of new ones.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

If you were to read my thread fully you will see that I am not FULLY promoting LeVayan Satanism as an answer to all ours problems, I merely highlighted aspects of it which I think can be beneficial to a persons existance.

I believe it is important to fully immerse yourself in the physical world, to learn from your mistakes and to gain new experiences, wether they be good or bad. To actually experience something first hand and to learn from it is a great way to grow.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Most new religions are called cults. So i do not think the world needs a new religion there are plenty of new ones.

Yes you are correct.

But the point I am trying to make is currently religion, especially mainstream religions such as Christianity, Judaism and Islam, are methods of division.

What is needed is a belief, a philosophy that can unify the concepts that are thought to be seperate and contradictory, when they are not.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
Have you actually read my thread? or have you just quickly skimmed through it and seen, theosophy, crowley and luciferianism and come to conclusion that what I am talking about is my attempt at being a "lone wolf" working alongside the NWO.

Actually, I am wondering if you have read any of the source material you are stating is the foundation of your newly proposed religion. Let's look at some actual quotes, not a paraphrase that appears to have come off a website.

From "The Book of the Law", Chapter 3:

26. These slay, naming your enemies; & they shall fall before you.
27. Also these shall breed lust & power of lust in you at the eating thereof.
28. Also ye shall be strong in war.
29. Moreover, be they long kept, it is better; for they swell with my force. All before me.
30. My altar is of open brass work: burn thereon in silver or gold!
31. There cometh a rich man from the West who shall pour his gold upon thee.
32. From gold forge steel!
33. Be ready to fly or to smite!

These are not exactly calming statements - to put it simply, might makes right. So, once again, we have a relgion that states "If you don't agree with me, I will smite you". Got to love the smitage.

I thought your intention was have a unifying religion? Unification through war against non-believers? Pick an existing religion and you already have that.

I believe the source material you are referencing above is cherry picking. I would recommend not referencing someone else's work and come up with something that is truly ideal - however, since not everyone will agree on a single religion, you are back to square one.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Funny, I thought it was the opposite. I find it's good to avoid 80-90% of the worlds madnesses in order to remain sane and sound. I'm not going to immerse myself in "everything" to experience it, and no one should have to live in a society where "everything" is promoted, and no distinctions are made. Strong fences make good neighbours. I'd much rather take the little bit I see as good and work with it, to make it better still.

If I want to become an engineer, I'll go through a process of education, aquiring liscences, co-op projects, study and shelling out money to get there, for example. That precludes heavy drug binges, flights to Africa whenI should be in school, sleeping on the co-op term, and spending tuition money on a car - it does not include "everything", and should not include "everything" if one wants to achieve that goal of an education.

If you want to find God, you won't partake of "everything" you find to do, and if you want to practice good morals, you'll appreciate laws based on good moral rationale that delimit behaviours for the sake of a functioning society. You can "believe" what you want, but you will never be, yourself, a "god". You remain a human being, and however messed up a member of the species you want to become, is entirely up to you.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
From "The Book of the Law", Chapter 3:

26. These slay, naming your enemies; & they shall fall before you.
27. Also these shall breed lust & power of lust in you at the eating thereof.
28. Also ye shall be strong in war.
29. Moreover, be they long kept, it is better; for they swell with my force. All before me.
30. My altar is of open brass work: burn thereon in silver or gold!
31. There cometh a rich man from the West who shall pour his gold upon thee.
32. From gold forge steel!
33. Be ready to fly or to smite!

These are not exactly calming statements - to put it simply, might makes right. So, once again, we have a relgion that states "If you don't agree with me, I will smite you". Got to love the smitage.

I will state once again, I have taken aspects of these philosophies which can be beneficial, I am in no way endorsing their FULL belief....
All religions and philosophies have positive and negative things to say and what you have done here is merely post some of the negative things in an effort to derail and discredit this thread.

I thought your intention was have a unifying religion? Unification through war against non-believers? Pick an existing religion and you already have that.

Where have I said unification through war against non-believers? Please quote me here if thats what I said, you are assuming and making great leaps in judgement, thinking that I am a warmonger who wants to smite unbelievers.

I can assure you, that you couldn't be further from the truth! I respect anyones right to believe and practice whatever religion or belief that they want.

I believe the source material you are referencing above is cherry picking. I would recommend not referencing someone else's work and come up with something that is truly ideal - however, since not everyone will agree on a single religion, you are back to square one.

Referencing someone elses work? There is no cut and paste work here... I have spent a portion of my day writing down my thoughts before posting here and in all instances of quoting information I have provided a link.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The "new religion" that is on the horizon, is not new, but is rather a return to the ancient worship of nature. That's what the "Green Church" is all about. One aspect of nature worship is that trees and grass will become more important than human life.

People must be anihiliated so that the earth can heal itself and return to it's pristine state. This is exactly where the religions of today are leading. They are transforming themselves. And those who are allowed to live into the next phase will only be those who are obedient to the doctrines and hand picked by the new religious forces.

The signs are too numerous to post here. Go to any search engine and type in the words "green" + (any religious denomination). Green synagogue, green church.....it's all there.

The IMF is bankrolling religious groups (inter-faith) which are making contracts with ARC in order to qualify for WWF. All this means is that these groups are buying up woodland wildlife paradises to act as "stewards". I have to ask, what kind of stewards have they ever been in the past? Look at their track record. They are pirates and charlatans. As far as helping to preserve nature or improve living conditions for those in third world countries, what have they ever done? They use the oppressed as poster children to line their own pockets. These groups only jump on the popular bandwagon for their own self serving interests. And people will not see it until it's too late.

No matter what philosophies are put forth, whether its Luciferian, Satanism, or Christianity....it really is all the same bird. Good god/bad god. The end result is the same no matter which ear tickler you align with.

All roads lead to Rome. That is what has always been behind it and still is.

This is what the "sustainability" issue is all about. There will never be a dramatic culmination dealing with this. You will gently be lead into accepting the new philosophies.

The scriptures warn you about a "thief in the night". A thief does not bang the door or make an announcement. A thief in the night is like a mouse in the kitchen. It gently nibbles the corner of the cornbread. You don't even realize it is happening.

Little by little you begin to align with the twisted doctrine. It has happened in the past; it will happen again. It will be presented very convincingly, very gradually. In the beginning you will agree with the ideals.

Perhaps it was the "sustainability" factor that led to child sacrifice on the altars of old. Even when the world was virtually unpopulated, tribes felt there were not enough resources to go around. This is false. We must find better solutions or face a return to past mistakes.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
God is perfect, though you may not understand why yet. Start from that premise, for all darkness is only a shadow before His light. There is justice, and timelines beyond our training to comprehend.

Humble yourself before God, and ask His favour again. He made us! Even demons could not exist if God withdrew His life from them. Yet there is justice and free will to act ourselves, and all other Luciferian darkness takes control away from our minds. They're insiduous little buggers. It's okay to commit the occasional "war-crime against Satan" by the way - kind of an inside joke. Who shook your hand first, before you knew any better?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Crowley died as lone, sad man. And he has nothing to do with Theosophy.
Theosophy is not "satanic", at least not in a LaVeyan sense. Neither of those guys never gave me anything.

Occultism is not religion, it's a study of ancient belief systems and the hidden knowledge, scattered throughout the globe. Needles to say, Internet revolutionized it too.

This panic and the assumptions made really crack me up from time to time. So do the Christian fundies (or Islamic for that matter) that believe in characters like Satan or Jesus.

[edit on 19/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
Crowley died as lone, sad man. And he has nothing to do with Theosophy.
Theosophy is not "satanic", at least not in a LaVeyan sense. Neither of those guys never gave me anything.

Yes he did, he did come across some very interesting information though, but no doubt he was completely delusional. Makes you think what effect some of the rituals he did had on his mental state.

I for one would NEVER even begin to think about partaking in some of the madness that he called his life.

I do not agree however with peoples distinction between black and white magick, they are one and the same. It is the intent, when a person is doing such things that is important. If you have negative intent then you can sure as hell expect to get some negative consequences come back at you, law of attraction springs to mind.

Occultism is not religion, it's a study of ancient belief systems and the hidden knowledge, scattered throughout the globe. Needles to say, Internet revolutionized it too.

I completely agree... it is not a religion but it can act as the foundation of a philosophical belief and then to a religion.

This panic and the assumptions made really crack me up from time to time. So do the Christian fundies (or Islamic for that matter) that believe in characters like Satan or Jesus.

haha, yeah it cracks me up to! Peoples innability to see another point of view. People are scared of what they don't understamd and as we all know, fear breeds anger.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08I do not agree however with peoples distinction between black and white magick, they are one and the same. It is the intent, when a person is doing such things that is important. If you have negative intent then you can sure as hell expect to get some negative consequences come back at you, law of attraction springs to mind.

You nailed it brotha. That is probably why the true "black" magic practitioners are so rare. Anyone who understands the fundamentals of magic doesn't do negative stuff, because he understands how affecting others affects yourself, and how we are connected.

That is why "magic" - or rather metaphysical studies - are a great tool for self discovery. When you, let's say, assume (
) that magic works, it makes you think hard what you really want and what you really need. Money? Fame?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A new religion is the last thing this world needs. I haven't read the whole post - it's too late at night for that - so perhaps you have addressed this; you say you are spiritual, but cannot find a religion which fits them. It seems a very strange thing to me to have beliefs, and yet go looking for an existing belief system to tell you to believe what you already believe. Why? So you can have a name for what you believe? For the comfort of knowing other people belive the same things?

More religions can only do harm. At the end of the day, they are a control system; something where, ultimately, one person - or a group of people - say "do this", "don't do that", "this is what God/our alien overlords want/s" etc. Why give the power of your own mind to someone else?

If you believe in something, believe in it. Simple. I have 'beliefs', for want of a better term; some more solid than others. I do not, however, feel the need to go to a church or any such thing and have someone tell me they believe the same, or have them tell me "yes, you are right". Perhaps there are people on this Earth who know the truth, but how do I know who they are? Why should - just an example, lets not turn this into anti-vatican or anything - the pope be more qualified to tell me what's what than my six year old sister? Because a load of other people who claim they know what's what say he does too? Because he reads a book which claims to know what's what?

In short, religion is unneccesary and harmful. Perhaps the sharing of beliefs, so that those without any, but who wish for some, might find something which rings true to them.

Sorry if this turns out not to be very relevant to your OP

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I wish you well in your endeavour but i must admit that much like some of the other members i have issues with some of your examples, and the terminologies you have selected for your explanation.

For example, the entire LHP/RHP thing is such a load of moralistic crap that i have a hard time not laughing so much that it makes the entire remainder of the post simply meaningless. I understand the concept, but once you look into the applied characteristic of the paths, and the history of the development of the terms in comparison with the history of the Theosophical society, it becomes apparent, to me at lest, that the designation of 'left' being 'evil' and 'right' meaning 'good' is as simplistic as the ideas of good and evil from the protestant writings such as Pilgrims Progress and the like.

We might as well discuss the metaphysical in an abstract means. All energy is just that, energy and if you have learned how to connect with, or manipulate your energy then it is neither good nor bad. However, the intentions that you have when you interact with the energies within and around you is what makes the difference between the concepts of good and evil; positive and negative; moral and immoral; etc. Much like the fictional "force" there are no absolutes, we as imperfect and unknowing beings try our best to make the terms that define the actions and reactions we experience. (Un)Fortunately the morals of society, and the efforts to perpetuate the family/tribe/species have developed into what we now refer to as evil or good in the dualistic sense.

If it were up to me, while the idea of a world religion scares the begeebus out of me, it would be one that was far less confrontational, way less interested in evangelizing the word, and not overly enamoured with the mysteries, while at the same time didn't try to bury them. I think a Monist view of a panentheistic perception would suit me. Panentheism means God is in all things, neither identical to, nor totally separate from all things

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join