It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the world need a new religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by And Why

If you read the entire thread, you'll found out that the OP doesn't believe in left/right paths in that manner.

There is also another thread on this subject, so in that way this was kind of unnecessary. Maybe things like esoterism should really be left to those who wish to really understand what it's all about.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by And Why

If you read the entire thread, you'll found out that the OP doesn't believe in left/right paths in that manner.

There is also another thread on this subject, so in that way this was kind of unnecessary. Maybe things like esoterism should really be left to those who wish to really understand what it's all about.

What thread would that be? Please do tell me...

I think a subject such as esoterism should become more mainstream and then prehaps it would become far easier to understand some of the abstract concepts that are involved.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

This:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But quoting a certain occult character freely, since I cannot remember where to find the exact piece; occult and esoteric teachings should and are teach in secret because of the masses ignorance. The holy scriptures are dragged to mud by the ignorant and simply by those who do not YET understand. It's stuff for the inner circle.

I too wish that the stuff would come through, and it is currently, more and more. But it cannot be forced and must be brought slowly, subtly. Through media, people who have awaken and so forth.

It's all good that way.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah that sucks! Someone beat me to it, well not quite... I am not proposing a New World Order "control" religion, as that's all it would be, a totalitarian mechanism that takes us further away from who we are.

But quoting a certain occult character freely, since I cannot remember where to find the exact piece; occult and esoteric teachings should and are teach in secret because of the masses ignorance. The holy scriptures are dragged to mud by the ignorant and simply by those who do not YET understand. It's stuff for the inner circle.

Yes that seems familiar, was that a quote by Crowley or Blavatsky? I suspect it's more so a Crowley quote.
I think it's wrong though, the way to stop ignorance is through knowledge, I guess it gave them a sense of power having such knowledge.

I too wish that the stuff would come through, and it is currently, more and more. But it cannot be forced and must be brought slowly, subtly. Through media, people who have awaken and so forth.

It's all good that way.

You are correct, push something too hard and too fast and it gets rejected outright!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Yeah, it's Blavatsky. Later on she was accused of being arrogant and that a lot of people surrounding her felt that they were only pieces on chessboard in her little game.. to me, it's completely understandable, she had so much knowledge on the occult. Undoubtedly she was a little bit crazy, considering all the stuff that she knew.

The Secret Doctrine has many weird remarks, like "You shouldn't read this book from cover to cover, word by word, it will only lead to confusion" and many others like that. It's funny that it's so obviously named, and doesn't have some complex Latin name i.e. Alice Bailey continues almost straight from where she left off, none of the other people involved never really teach me nothing.

The Secret Doctrine was Hitlers favorite piece btw, so obviously it can be used for good or evil.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Only an atheist and or a moron would ask such a question..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Well, isn't it kind of against your Christian ideals to insult people?

Huh?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

No I am not insulting you unless your insulted. Like I said only an ateist or moron would ask such a question.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Remarks like that only breed negativity throughout.

Tolerance is a Christian virtue btw.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sometimes tolerance has boundaries I'd point out! Any religion that has to hide in shadows for it's existance to survive, likely wouldn't do so well if it were held up to the light. Look at any religion that promotes virtue, and how demonized it becomes, let alone one that promotes war, or slaying, or man becoming God, and exists among a secret society. How elitist can you be?! It encourages man to exalt himself above the rights of others, so as to give him extra "votes" among the circle of humanities perception. "Who said life is fair"? Life could be fair, if we all agreed to be fair.

The bible didn't promote war, but did tell us to be strong for war, because the reasons for it will exist.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Man, do you have it upside down..

Secret societies are secret societies, and they have their right to do be one. Simply because they don't reveal their secrets to f-heads who don't understand them at all doesn't really make them all that elitistic.

Oh, and the info is available to anyone who knows how to seek it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We can all see how well the secret societies are doing with their religions at work in the world, and if we the so-called "vulger", "uselesseaters", "taxable assets" aren't entitled to see them, then we are left in the position of guessing who the accountant is, and what the accounting equations are. So go ahead and be a "wise guy" about their systems and devices, which is subservience to fear, but recognize the right to secrecy is also the reason nothing ever changes to alter the perpetuity of vile control systems over the populace. I'm sorry to hear you support their tyranny.

If that makes me a "f-head" in the process, I've been called worse by better. While anyone can sit in ivory UN towers and piss on the world, they were guilty of their crimes the moment they committed them.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

And from where you figured out that all societies are malevolent?

Many different organizations, many different systems.. secret societies are the constant target to weird paranoia, assumptions and speculation simply because their are a closed system. The accusations may not have any real basis at all. And usually don't.

[edit on 19/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I want to clear the air, if I may.. I am a decent loving person. Yes I know I have my short comings. I do care about this world, the people in it and the end to come. I am sorry if I seem "Short" at times or lacking in the purer virtues. I have lived quite a long time now and have seen much. I would have all of humanity come to the knowledge "Of The Truth" but this knowledge is not a "Cloak" or "Dress" that is to be bought or pondered into existance. It is however a revealation of "GOD". We don't find our way by inventing a belief but rather following the truth of GOD that is and always will be in our hearts if we listen to it's voice.... Salvation is within us. What path we take and choose will be our outcome...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh good, a voice of reason here

But as for this ..

The accusations may not have any real basis at all. And usually don't.

The very nature of the secrecy makes this unsubstantiated, and therefore, propeganda. Secret society religions are horrible, from what we do know of them, and the accusations against them are only a matter of lengthy study, not unproveable fact. Which is why they support eugenics! It all makes so much silly sense in the end.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And which organization you're talking about here exactly?

You don't seriously claim that they're all the same?

Cherub: It might just be the same "God" viewed from another viewpoint?

[edit on 19/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Lol So long as they involve the elite, as we see them, upper echelons of freemasonry, Bilderberger, and other dynastic religions we are all speaking about the sect divisions of many ideologies, To examine these is preferably done from afar, and not in any immersive fashion - because we truly don't need to experience it first-hand to know what it's all about. Luciferian. Satanic. Warfare. Power and Pride. Slavery. Divisivness. Shadowy and secret, the evils of mortal corruption are sown under the guise of something wholesome. It's been said that in this, Satan is one who will always ape God. God wrote His laws on our hearts, perhaps because He foresaw that some might be so confused they would actually fail to recognize He exists.

Bad religion, bad psycology fray at the sanity of humanity, promote selfishness, breed unethical science, control over the lives and deaths of others instead of serving for the sake of service to others, the unequal and unfair distribution of wealth, unbalanced scales in commerce and law, and the spoken or unspoken approval of practices we can, through due and careful process as a society, put in the grab-bag of "vice" and "injustice".

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Maybe, but that isn't what we are talking about here.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If those things don't deserve mention in your new religion, then count humanity out. It's all about the intent.

I'll suspect the resulting collectio of ideologies will be self-serving enough to lie about whatever it wants, as a reasonable bias.

Robert Jay Lifton's Eight Point Model of Thought Reform

1. ENVIRONMENT CONTROL. Limitation of many/all forms of communication with those outside the group. Books, magazines, letters and visits with friends and family are taboo. "Come out and be separate!"

2. MYSTICAL MANIPULATION. The potential convert to the group becomes convinced of the higher purpose and special calling of the
group through a profound encounter / experience, for example, through an alleged miracle or prophetic word of those in the group.

3. DEMAND FOR PURITY. An explicit goal of the group is to bring about some kind of change, whether it be on a global, social, or
personal level. "Perfection is possible if one stays with the group and is committed."

4. CULT OF CONFESSION. The unhealthy practice of self disclosure to members in the group. Often in the context of a public gathering in the group, admitting past sins and imperfections, even doubts about the group and critical thoughts about the integrity of the leaders.

5. SACRED SCIENCE. The group's perspective is absolutely true and completely adequate to explain EVERYTHING. The doctrine is not subject to amendments or question. ABSOLUTE conformity to the doctrine is required.

6. LOADED LANGUAGE. A new vocabulary emerges within the context of the group. Group members "think" within the very abstract
and narrow parameters of the group's doctrine. The terminology sufficiently stops members from thinking critically by reinforcing a "black and white" mentality. Loaded terms and clichés prejudice thinking.

7. DOCTRINE OVER PERSON. Pre-group experience and group experience are narrowly and decisively interpreted through the absolute doctrine, even when experience contradicts the doctrine.

8. DISPENSING OF EXISTENCE. Salvation is possible only in the group. Those who leave the group are doomed.

www.factnet.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

And may I ask ? What is your "ViewPoint"? Feel free to send me a private message...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join