It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Resolution Would Let Iraq Order Troops Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
UNITED NATIONS � The United States and Britain revised their Security Council (search) resolution on transferring sovereignty to Iraq (search) on Friday, giving the country's new interim government authority to order the U.S.-led multinational force to leave at any time.

The previous draft introduced Tuesday declared the council's readiness to terminate the force's mandate by January 2006 or at the request of the transitional government formed after elections held by Jan. 31, 2005.

www.foxnews.com...

Boy I certainly hope this new resolution is true and it works. I for one want to see our troops out of there as soon as possible. Troops continue to get killed and it has gone on long enough. I heard that Bush wants to keep troops over there indefinetly. Big mistake!

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by mrmulder]

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, I too would like to see our troops back home. The Iraqis have treated them like crap, and do not appreciate how much the US has sacrificed for them.

Then I read an article like this:
Troops
and I want to puke. The new PM wants the coalition forces to stay, to protect his butt, but he wants to have control over security matters. In other words, our hands would be tied while we have to pander to this guy. You can be sure that he would be putting our troops in harms way while forbidding them to retaliate against attacks, if he gets his way.

I say no. Screw 'em. We can't win either way, so bring home the troops.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Good, bring em home, its a step in the right direction. The next good step would be to disband NATO. I have been waiting for that for years. Then get us out of Korea and japan. And close the doors for good.

Isolationism is our friend, remeber that folks. It starts with bringing our troops back home to watch our own borders and "neighbors".

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So much for your committment.................you sound like a liberal peace-nik.........where's your metal son?

You were all gung -ho for the damn war at one time. Right?

So what do you expect from war.............it ain't bean bag.......folks get dead, like 800+ good american boys with mom's and dad's and wives w/ children............

Maybe some day you'll wake up and fight out what life is............

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
So much for your committment.................you sound like a liberal peace-nik.........where's your metal son?

You were all gung -ho for the damn war at one time. Right?

So what do you expect from war.............it ain't bean bag.......folks get dead, like 800+ good american boys with mom's and dad's and wives w/ children............

Maybe some day you'll wake up and fight out what life is............

Oh yeah, I'm all for war. I'm not for having our troops being ordered around by mullahs and clerics.

See the difference, gmcnulty?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think is time to move out, we went in, we conquer, we did not find any WMD, we have destroyed most of their cities, now if we can find somebody to stay alive long enough for the change of power lets get out of Iraq lets hurry up and get the heck out of there.

Time to go conquer some other country

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
����.so much for Iraqi sovereignty, eh?

Well, you can blame it all on your grand leader Bush��.He�ll agree to anything in the UN resolution so he might save his sorrya$$ from himself to get elected���.He�s in Europe right now kissin�a$$ of Jacques�����. You know, one of those leaders of OLD EUROPE���.

He�s your boy, or did you forget?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
For some reason republicans always leave a legacy of bad government whenever they are in power.

gmcnulty

I see from othe threads that your are fire up today.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just coastin'..............it's the weekend.

When you have so much material supplied to ya' by the other side it just looks that way............

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

����.so much for Iraqi sovereignty, eh?

Well, you can blame it all on your grand leader Bush��.He�ll agree to anything in the UN resolution so he might save his sorrya$$ from himself to get elected���.He�s in Europe right now kissin�a$$ of Jacques�����. You know, one of those leaders of OLD EUROPE���.

He�s your boy, or did you forget?

You got a problem with me, gmcnulty? Sounds like you're trying to bait me into a fight.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
!!!!!mud pitt!!!!!!!

Can I bet on the winner?

I like both of you so is going to be dificult to choose.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Keep to the topic at hand gentlemen and ladies.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
coluld be you have a short fuse because you backed a turkey?

You're responsible for your own feeling and behavior.......don't try and blame anything on me..........

I'm a lover son.......not fighter.

I calls 'em the ways I sees them..........

If you wanna fight I'm not your boy...........sorry!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just in my own opinion, I believe that if it will get France to shut the hell up, along with the liberal and anti-war pundits, I'm all for it.
If the US does not agree to this, for which they will, the Iraqi interim government will be labeled Puppets, for not having true 'authority' to ask for the removal of foreign troops from its nation, more so than they are now.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If you read the article you'll see that it won't be happening anytime soon so I wouldn't trust a hope. Copied from the link.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told the U.N. Security Council on Thursday that the incoming government wants the multinational force to stay to prevent civil war, and he told The Associated Press on Friday that he could not foresee its departure before power is transferred to the transitional government early next year.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

coluld be you have a short fuse because you backed a turkey?

You're responsible for your own feeling and behavior.......don't try and blame anything on me..........

I'm a lover son.......not fighter.

I calls 'em the ways I sees them..........

If you wanna fight I'm not your boy...........sorry!

I'm not your son. And you don't have to tell me you're not a fighter - I can read. I see you getting your butt kicked around here regularly because of the crap you post.

You walk in here and instead of addressing the issue, you immediately go after me with your bs. What's that all about?

I'm flattered that you think you know so much about my political leanings; you obviously troll for me. But sorry, Dorothy, I'm retro.

Not to mention that you obviously have no reading comprehension skills, since you were not able to understand the point I was making, nor were you adult enough to ask before you started your playground tactics.

You want to have a debate, grow up and say so. Don't act like a pre-teen.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Puppets?

Where ya been? Sure not reading the news or staying on top of things��..

The provisional government dissolved itself the day Allawi took over���so much for GW�s transitional period for full sovereignty on 6/30���� and here�s a news item from today�s Reuters���.. As soon as they stabilize the security situation they�re going to ask us to leave��. And humiliate Bush as much as they can��..

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - New Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi condemned Washington on Saturday for disbanding Saddam Hussein's army and said his government could issue a law next week reinstating some former Baath party members.

Allawi called the U.S. dissolution of the army last year one of many grave errors since Saddam's fall and said he would rebuild strong security forces to combat violence plaguing Iraq.

"Mistakes, big mistakes, were made, including dissolving the army, police services and internal security forces," Allawi, a CIA-backed former exile opponent of Saddam, told Al Jazeera television. "We have begun to rectify these mistakes."
www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think the (new Iraqi) government is going to keep US troops in Iraq to may sure they survive long enough to rule.

Before this change of power I bet my husband that any person or group that they try to put into power backed by US will be kill. Guess what it is happening.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A fairly safe bet, I�d say!..............Easy sledding! it will not be����there will come a time (and I hope I am wrong) that folks will rue the day Bush decided to save the Iraqi people����. I see a Regional war starting with little problem at almost any minute���Bush played with a house of cards like the narrow-mind parochial fool he is���..The Middle East ain�t West Texas���..

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Personally gmcnulty, the interim government is and and has been caling the 'shots'......Fallujah comes to mind. in relation to the US not going into it because the interim government claimed that they would all step down?

Regardless, of what you may think, being its reads and plays like a "damned of you do or damned if you don't" conversation, the US will abide by the new interim government's wishes. I guess time will tell, eh?

seekerof

top topics

<<   2 >>

join