It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Resolution Would Let Iraq Order Troops Out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
as it always does...............

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
As soon as they stabilize the security situation they’re going to ask us to leave……. And humiliate Bush as much as they can……..

Well, no shiite, Sherlock, that is what I have been saying:

Iraq's incoming government wants the US-led multinational force to stay to prevent civil war.

But it is insisting on command of its own forces and authority over security matters, foreign minister Hoshyar Zebari told the UN Security Council.

What I said before. Yes, I support the troops, but I don't want to see them being told what to do by the clerics. As was the case in Fallujah. If we're gonna fight, then fight. What's with the holding back crap?

What are we supposed to do? Stay there and obey the PM, who will put us between himself and the bullets, and then forbid us to defend ourselves? What kind of logic is that?

And puppets? The US was officially backing that 81 year old guy. Where is he now?

Seekerof is correct, as I stated before: damned if you do and damned if you don't. Give them their sovereignty, but sovereignty over IRAQ, not US troops.

Since that is an impossibility, then bring our troops home for some r&r before they have to go after the next bunch of terrorists. Or as you call them, gmcnulty, "freedom fighters".

How the hell can you argue with that?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Don't put words in my mouth pal.............

If you want to personally attack me don't be a pussy...............

as I said "Time will tell"

What you want is not in issue "what is" will be..........and time will tell.

It was a deuma$$ Move to go into IRAQ for reasons ......the real reasons Bush has yet to tell tus, the folks that afre paying the bills....$200 B and climbing.........Osama bin Forgotten........whos's he?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Good, bring em home, its a step in the right direction. The next good step would be to disband NATO. I have been waiting for that for years. Then get us out of Korea and japan. And close the doors for good.

Isolationism is our friend, remeber that folks. It starts with bringing our troops back home to watch our own borders and "neighbors".

I agree with you that selective isolationism would be good for this country right now and much tighter border security. This would not only ease the burdens on the Homeland Security but also allow the gov't to reqroup and recoup financially. It would also ease social tensions raging at the present.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
'Nuff.....!

I'm not even going to bother to send this to the 'Pit', but what I will bother to do is Close the Thread.

You two need to settle your differences in an entirely unseen way. Consider this as a public and formal warning to the both of you.

seekerof

[edit on 5-6-2004 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join