It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who told the truth in the garden?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Wow, how utterly arrogant you appear to me to be. Tell me, who are YOU to judge the Creator? Who are you to say what is Just and what is not? God's lovingkindness, mercy, and patience is what prevents Him from immediately crushing you or I the very second we FIRST sin. You're telling me that the same God who called all things into existence by His spoken word has NO right to determine how it is run? Are you kidding me?

I call it like I see it. Might doesn't make right, or does it?

You tell me how you can claim that God is harsh or "evil", when you deny the Bible? The VERY book that defines harsh, brutal, and evil!! Your simply trying to make a good God look evil to JUSTIFY your rejection of Him. You're trying to justify your rebellion against God. And He game a way out, the infinite Son died to pay the penalty for the infinite punishment from an infinitely holy God.

Wait a second. I can't define what's harsh or evil without the Bible? How does any other belief system determine what's evil when they don't follow the bible?

God would have been "just" to kill Adam and Eve the second they sinned against Him. But no, He gave 2 blessings, a FINAL means of salvation in Christ, and a "grace period" of the penalty for sin being covered instead of bringing about instant death. And then there is the hidden blessing God gave man, by being sentenced to die once, man would not be forced to live eternity is a sin cursed world, the reason why the path to the tree of life was guarded.

So, when a child does something wrong, it is just for the parent to kill them that instant? If not, why not? If so, you're insane.

Imagine if a theif went before a judge and the judge said: "You have broken the law, and so you deserve to spend the rest of your life in jail with no parole, however I will only give you 1 month in jail, and you don't have to begin serving that for six months so that you may return home and get all your affairs in order. After 1 month in jail, I'll give you a guaranteed release, and on top of that, I'll buy you a million-dollar house and fully furnish it for you myself." It seems strange that people would say that judge was "evil" or harsh for sentencing that man to jail for a month. What's even more ludicrous is if the thief REFUSED the offer.

Or even better, the only crime the man committed was speeding. The judge rules that the man be tortured for the rest of his life, and not only that but all of his descendants as well. Now, all he or his descendants have to do is say, "I'm sorry," and they'll be forgiven...but if some of them refuse to say they are sorry they will be punished with the above punishment. But the descendants feel that maybe they don't deserve this punishment and that the judge is insane. Which, imo, he is.

The Bible says that on judgment day "every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess that Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father." I'll tell you what, knowing that every knee will eventually bow and every tongue will confess I'd make sure you did it now, rather than later when it won't make a difference. But that's me, I'm not very flame retardant.

Oh wow. I guess out of fear I better start worshiping your god? Guess what, Allah is going to burn you too. So, you better get that fixed between you and him just in case.

Next thing I'd like to point out is the link in your sig. 23 minutes of hell. This shows me that you believe anything. You believe this man's story? Want me to show you it's a lie?

It was pointed out earlier that hell was created for the devil right? In this man's story, Jesus took him to hell. While there, who was being tortured and punished? NOT THE DEMONS!!!! The demons were doing all the torture and punishing of the humans. The demons were walking freely in and out of prison cells to punish the humans. When a human tried to climb up out of the fire, a demon would throw them back in. Wow, I'm glad hell was created to punish demons. Oh wait a second, the demons are punishing humans in hell. Next, if demons are in hell, how are they up here causing problems like christians believe? Can they leave hell whenever they want? If so, then how is that punishment? Doesn't seem so bad for the demons to me.

It also appears that when sinners die, they go straight to burning. Then I suppose when Jesus comes back and all the dead are judged, the sinners go back to burning again? So they burn, get out of the fire for a little bit to be judged, then burn again. Right? That's weird, lol! Seems like they were already judged once when they were first thrown in the fire to be burned like garbage, which is apparently how we're viewed.

I was a christian for around 25 years, and I tried my best to live for the biblical god. I would like nothing more than to have a relationship with a supernatural being who loves me so much that there's NOTHING I could do that would make him want to hurt me. That's how I feel towards my children. This god does not offer me or mankind that. Because we are imperfect due to the mistake of someone thousands of years ago, we all get to be punished if we can't muster the faith to believe in him.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i did. so there. the following are anagrams for eachother, intentional design or coincidence?

Hear Nova Life
i halve no fear
Ah, Reveal Info

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
i did. so there. the following are anagrams for eachother, intentional design or coincidence?

Hear Nova Life
i halve no fear
Ah, Reveal Info

Coincidence. English isn't the only language. You use those same words in another language and it won't work.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Coincidence. English isn't the only language. You use those same words in another language and it won't work.

are you sure? How many languages do you know?
wordsmith.org...

the following are anagrams:
Ask All Answering Log Out
it works on all languages
Allegations work La Guns

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Truth Finest Ego
the first tongue
Truth Genes Of It
Free sign Tho Tut

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
are you sure? How many languages do you know?

Two and a small part of a third. I'm not saying that other languages don't have anagrams. I'm saying that the exact words you are using will not work in other languages.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Hydroman]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join