It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Introduces Bill H.R. 4995: “End the Mandate”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LaMadameDuval

While I agree with you in respects to our tax deliemas, we have to start somewhere. You have to plant the seeds of change in order for them to blossom into an all encompassing movement. He's concerned about stopping the flow of cash to the villains in this country and if it starts with the health care corporations, then so be it. The bill in question didn't even give us "Canadian" or "European" health care, it was more like the laws requiring us to have car insurance to drive. Essentially, having health care to live.

When Congressman Paul introduces a bill, its not bloated and filled with ill intent; its open and honest. He's not the only one fighting, and it isn't just a "conservative" ideal to want to end corruption. We've had so many people in our government pushing for a nanny-state and slowly decaying our once sought after independence. Yes, I believe there are hard times and everyone needs help, yes I believe in unemployment to an extent, but why should we keep handing out money left and right to everyone, including large companies who keep shipping our jobs off overseas and degrading the average wage to that of pennies? On top of that we have ever growing tax demands and people actually believe this health care bill is going to grant them free medical care? Its all a joke and guess what? We're the punchline.

Whether or not you believe with Congressman Paul's views on social issues isn't the issue, its about his core belief in pursuing the constitution and the foundations of our "god-given" liberties. Its about punishing greed and failure instead of enabling it to continue. And, finally, its about us as people realizing we have worth, realizing we're more than just commodities to be bought, sold, and traded.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
The answer is very simple. As soon as you enter a socialized system your survivability rate drops. Our current system provides the highest overall survivability to disease. Now it will drop.

As far as life expectancy goes, we're not the highest overall. According to the U.N. we're ranked 38th, according to the CIA world factbook we're ranked 50th. So if a person born into socialized medicine were to come to America their life expectancy would drop, if we were to go to France, Germany, the UK, Japan or Canada our life expectancy would go up.

List of countries by life expectancy via wikipedia

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I didn't support Ron Paul last time because I disagreed with a lot of his foreign policy ideas. However, in spite of that, we agree on more than John McCain and I agree on. We would have been better off with Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If he doesn't run for President he's going to have to endorse whoever does. The two party paradigm is over! The Republicans are patting themselves on the backs for taking over the tea party, but they have lost. The Democrats still have millions of Organizing for America devoted zombies but they can't win. The Republican party dissed Ron Paul, but now it's time for Dr. Paul to dis the Republican party. The global elite's two party system is over, they owned both but now people are catching on.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Obama [& Rahm] don't give a rat's petutie what's in the bill,

all they are on is an ego trip to pass any corporate prostitution crap they can stamp as 'passed'.

As for constitutionality, it has always been my understanding that the only reason a government can require you buy car insurance from a private company is because a car is a discretionary item.

Having a body is not 'discretionary' so this requirement to buy insurance from rotten, criminal, private vendors is unconstitutional.

It is a horrible bill from beginning to end.
A complete betrayal of the American people all for corporate welfare.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join