It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Introduces Bill H.R. 4995: “End the Mandate”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i can honestly say i had doubts about ron paul

i mean, it seems like everyone in DC has something to 'SAY' about being american, and american ideals and upholding the constitution etc etc

but ron paul being the lone army actually doing something? in times like this we see our 'leaders' true faces, this is how they act under fire, and ron paul is obviously a blazing heat patriot! right on!

this is inspiring

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think it's great that Ron Paul is attempting to repeal this part of the bill. I am curious, however, if this mandate is truly unconstitutional, or rather, whether mainstream legal thinking would find it so. If so, it could be challenged in court. There are so many laws these days that are justified by a clause in the constitution giving congress authority to regulate interstate commerce, it seems to me that the federal courts DO NOT find this interpretation to be a congressional overreach at all. The precedents are there. I think any repeal would have to be forced by overwhelming public opinion. The "constitutionality" of a given law is generally an afterthought (if that), and legal justifications are found after the fact (or ignored altogether). The incremental dismantling of our constitutional protections is too far underway for a little nuisance like Ron Paul's objections to make much difference. I commend him nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ron Paul is definitely an American Hero. He's the type of Countryman that one would find the ilk of the founding Fathers within - If the man gets elected in 2012, and this Country gets it's roots and it's sanity back - I'd promote carving that man's likeness in stone on Mt. Rushmore!

We need to look for campaigns that sponsor faxing, calling, emailing, and contacting our 'representatives' and tell them this bill needs to pass!.. =)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul is correct.

It's amazing to me that we are even debating if the federal government can force Americans to buy something.

The Commerce clause does not give them this power and this goes against everything we stand for as a Country.

The problem is the useful idiots in the democrat and republican party. When a democrat or republican leader becomes President, they want to make them all-powerful. Many democrats will say it's okay for government to force Americans to buy insurance because Obama is in power. They don't stop to think if a republican gets into power in 2012, he/she will be allowed to force Americans to buy anything if this health care bill is allowed to stand.

You can say the price of Dental care is becoming to expensive so to control costs we want to force every American to buy at least one tube of toothpaste and a tooth brush.

You can say in order to save the planet, the government is going to force every American to buy a hybrid car.and if they don't buy a hybrid car they have to pay a fee.

This would turn us into a Fascist state and the global corporations will be lobbying and paying off crooked politicians to pass laws that force Americans to buy their products.

This mandate has to be stopped. If it's not we are in trouble as a country because the government will be able to force Americans to buy any and everything and they will say they can do this because of the commerce clause.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Well it sure is nice to see that we have at least one person still willing to stand up for freedom and logic in government, and all I have to say is:
End the FED
End the Mandate
Ron Paul 2012!

Yes, and add these to your list (which Ron Paul supports as well):

End the income tax;
End the IRS.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I keep seeing people bash Obama without covering both sides fairly. I've been making a list.

cons
----
-Obama is a 32nd degree Prince Hall Mason.

-his foreign policy adviser is Zbigniew Brzezinski, the co-founder of David Rockefeller's Trilateral

Commission.

-Austan Goolsbee his economics adviser is a member of the super-secret Skull & Bones society of Yale

University.

healthcare mandatory insurance

Bailouts of banks

Sent troops to Afghanistan but pulled troops out of major cities in Iraq.

Passed more tax increases on middle America than any other President.

bailout of the auto industry

Pros
----
economic recovery bill

Healthcare no pre existing conditions

political
---------
Froze the salaries for top White House staff members. Signed an executive order that requires that

appointees sign forms saying that they were not hired because of political affiliations or

contributions. Signed an order banning gifts from lobbyists and banning anyone from working in an

agency they had lobbied in previous years. Signed an executive order that restored a 30-day time frame

for former presidents to review records before they are released.

Diplomacy
---------
Better diplomacy with the middle east
He set deadlines to close guantanamo Bay and signed a detailed executive order to ban torture and

inhumane treatment of prisoners.
Set deadlines to leave Iraq
Sent US military Aid to Haiti
33% reduction in nuclear arms treaty with Russia

Education
---------
Passed a stimulus package that has provided 288 billion dollars in tax cuts, increased funds to

education and health care by 224 billion, and making 275 billion available for student grants and

loans.

Science
-------
Has invested more money than any other president into science and technology to rid us of foreign oil

and he encouraged Cap and trade to encourage clean energy while giving American's tax credits to make

up for higher costs. He fast-tracked the process to apply new fuel standards to 2011 car models AND

initiated steps to allow California to set its own standards for auto emissions that are stricter than

that of the Federal government. He allowed stem cell research to continue.

ITS IMPORTANT TO LOOK AT BOTH SIDES

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I wish I could gain U.S citizenship so I could vote for Ron Paul. The last election was a joke, Ron Paul should have been a main candidate but so many blind Americans were asleep.

I hope by 2012 it isn't too late for the recently awakened Americans to vote Dr.Paul into the presidency.

Have to say though even if he did get elected he would probably get assasinated before he could make any significant changes.

Yes, the last election was a joke. I think you are right about what would happen to Ron Paul if he did get elected.

Ron Paul seems genuine, almost too good to be true.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This bill will fail because of the lack of support sown by the citizens. Every citizen should bombard the congress phone calls in support of Ron Paul's bill. Otherwise, he will simply be overpowered by the money the insurance corporations hold and spread.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul, but I'm not too crazy about his energy policy. I would vote for Ron Paul, but I wish he would change his party and become an independent. The likes of Sarah Palin, John McCain and George Bush is really hurting the Republican party. I just can't take the party seriously anymore. Their getting to be real nut jobs. People really have to realize that both parties don't have their best interests in mind.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

you guys do realize that the only reason he's doing this is because he, like all republicans in Congress, are tied to big business like insurance companies. therefore the only reason he did this was so he would not lose the money he gets from his ties with said companies. . .

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy
This man needs to live to over 120 years old.

lol.. his son is running for Congress in .. I think Tennessee? I believe his name is Rand Paul. Don't know if hes Libertarian centered like his father, never heard him speak.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

Obama is a 32nd degree Prince Hall Mason.

No he's not. And why would that be a Con? And where is your evidence for this statement?

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre

you guys do realize that the only reason he's doing this is because he, like all republicans in Congress, are tied to big business like insurance companies. therefore the only reason he did this was so he would not lose the money he gets from his ties with said companies. . .

Ron Paul supporters are the most one eyed, FANBOYS of all time. If Ron Paul was elected President America would be a basket case within two weeks - he is an unmitigated fckwit. the kindest description I can come up with for the man is stupid moron.

Seriously - he is implementing an Obama platform - and you are all waving you hands in the air going yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Ron Pauls policies would bankrupt America politically and de-legitimise the country in half a second flat. The fact you are unable to recognise that points out how incredibly ignorant people are regarding the machinations of world politics.

Ron Paul is a popularist - thats why you like him - and you dont even know it - he simply panders to ridiculous individualism, selfish greedy personal gain at the expense of the nation - your social fabric would be utterly destroyed, your world standing, your dredibility all for the sake of cheap, popularist change pandering to the lowest common denominator - if you see through Ron Paul - you are in the know - if you are a flag waving Ron Paul supporter - you are a sucker.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I would like to confess that I voted for McCain in the last election and I am not proud of it. I am truly sorry. I just thought Ron Paul could not win against Obama... I repent for my sins and vow to vote for Ron Paul and no one else no matter what in 2012... Can you ever forgive me...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Finally, someone is standing up for the rights of the people. I just hope this gets the publicity it needs. In this day and age of infotainment very little of importance is shown on the news. The United States needs to go back to the Constitution we are on a perilous journey that will only end in ruin.

Hopefully when the government freaks out and starts trying to control us with the military there are enough who hold their oath to the Constitution and don't just blindly follow those in charge of them.

The truth is out there, all we have to do is find it.

~name

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Are you guys not already under the obligation of buying car insurance? There is no liberty of choice here, If you own a car you are forced to buy insurance. How can affordable health insurance piss anyone off? Only the "special interests groups", and of course the Republicans who are acting like brats, should be pissed off by it. Health insurance companies have been lauphing for years while people were dying. I am happy that this sick joke is over and that everyone will be allowed to live regardless of the size of their bank account.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th1nker
I would like to confess that I voted for McCain in the last election and I am not proud of it. I am truly sorry. I just thought Ron Paul could not win against Obama...

I offer you this thread as a stepping stone to reformation via your state legislature.

That said, here's hoping Paul's bill fails. Not necessarilly because it ends the mandate but because it offers no alternative, say...a public option?

At least with a government run insurer I have the illusion of an option of organizing, voting and offering better ways of construction through legislation rather than profitability being the bottom line.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solaric
reply to post by time91

Are you guys not already under the obligation of buying car insurance? There is no liberty of choice here, If you own a car you are forced to buy insurance. How can affordable health insurance piss anyone off? Only the "special interests groups", and of course the Republicans who are acting like brats, should be pissed off by it. Health insurance companies have been lauphing for years while people were dying. I am happy that this sick joke is over and that everyone will be allowed to live regardless of the size of their bank account.

lol...

1. Americans don't 'own' their cars, the Department of Motor Vehicles in the State they reside within does. We just pay for it, maintain it, insure it, and steal it... er, I mean go for a nice drive in it... =)

In order to literally own your vehicle you must physically take delivery of a vehicle direct from the factory and demand the physical title to it direct from the factory.

Then you won't have to register it, license it, pay taxes for it, insure it, etc. Nor can Law Enforcement enforce vehicular codes on it, confiscate it via tow, or search it without probable cause backed by a search warrant.

=)

Anyway lol... whatever.

Someone here called Ron Paul a senseless fckwit - and another stated that the only reason he is trying to get this bill passed is to protect his insurance interests...

ok... that didn't make sense to me, but then again - proposing a bill that would deprive the insurance industry it's biggest payday since law mandated car insurance started being enforced is definitely looking out for proposed interests in insurance dividends, now isn't it?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
50 percent republicans 50 percent democrates house and senate and Ron Paul as president . Then vote out all the democrates that are now in office that sold their souls ,one just for a plane ride and a job for his wife and United States of America will truelly have "awaken " and don't forget James Traficant independent for Ohio November to take ryan's seat Remember in november!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

"On a side note, I think ATS members should run for the Senate and House of Representatives in their respective States. ...

We could actually represent the people."

Until real people, who live in mainstream America and who know how mainstream America works- what really is good for it and what is bad, are sitting in Washington and writing our laws- in plain english, things are never going to get better. This country has been hijacked.
The second part of that equation is that the whole system is centered around vast quantities of money- give the politicians money. The most honest, practical, decent- the person who would be QUALIFIED to represent us, doesn't win because he doesn't get the money. The one with the huge machine to GET the most money does. They do it in the elections and it happens once they're sitting in Washington. We can't even touch it, collectively.

Expand ATS to include mainstream, Main Street America and you've nailed it, Dalan.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join