It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Content's dystopian wish-list for the US gov't: spyware, censorship, physical searches and SWA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Big Content's dystopian wish-list for the US gov't: spyware, censorship, physical searches and SWAT teams

www.boingboing.net

The entertainment industry calls for:
# spyware on your computer that detects and deletes infringing materials;
# mandatory censorware on all Internet connections to interdict transfers of infringing material;
# border searches of personal media players, laptops and thumb-drives;
# international bullying to force other countries to implement the same policies;
# and free copyright enforcement provided by Fed cops and agencies (including the Department of Homeland Security!).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry but are they crazy? This whole copyright protection buissnes is sick.
Just read it and judge for Your self.

I guess the next idea will be that buyng legal content will require you to install these spyware and enforcement programs on your computer ...
When will they realize that big distribution companies are and should be history.

www.boingboing.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Spying you say ?

if only you knew half of it !

i knocked up a proxy server one day just for the fun of it and was blown away to see that when i logged into my free email account that no less then 11 agents were being used on the home page and these agents are sending the URL of the page back to servers all over the place and pressing refresh just loads up another list of agents so i started to block cookes and from these spy site only to see private IP addressing being used that won't be on any block lists.

Since i work in IT and know more than most then take my word when i say the internet and browsers have been designed to follow you every move.

Google now gets fake cookies from me as i try to corrupt and data thay have on me and i'll be doing the same to all the other spys all over the internet when i get the chance.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Are there actually any politicians or sub-groups within the political parties that support this? It seems like one of those cases where they'd rather people be happy and vote for them rather than get the money from the SWA. Just seems like an idea that is too unpopular even for the OS manufacturers.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

yes ok i know that too but here we have it in the open since these "spy" scrpits or agents cant be used against you in court of law since these are illegal.

but now they want it as a law? to be able to ram thru your harddrives and scan your files ...

comes back the memories from behind the berlin wall ... you got a letter it was sealed and such but after opening it you could see all kinds of lines blacked out with adnotation "censorship"

it was common as lack of coffe in stores

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Excellent thread Reassor

Anyone who thinks this won't happen had better do some reading up on ACTA...The publishing, entertainment and media industries have managed to con/bribe/threaten governments around the world into believing the measures mentioned in the O/P are necessary...

And with the almost deafening silence from people around the world, country by country, these measures will become law...

[edit on 17/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Yep I thought firefox might have been a tad more secure untill I saw the random dlls it was loading and constant talkbacks to random IPs which are not update or normal operation related... I've got an up do date, top rated mainstream virus scanner (aka not norton/mc affehy etc) and it doesn't show anything. It's all built into firefox and that's just one program. As said previously nothing is secure really, if it has ever existed it's retrievable on a quantum level and that's as simple as it can be said. So regardless of all the effort you go, to if someone really *really* wants in they'll get in.

In regards to this thread topic... it's all the same really. End of the day they'll either software the way through or go exotic - it doesn't matter them. We need to fight the bull crap lobby that is perpetually rolling, this is just one emplacement in a large wheel.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

you cant trust any program which isnt used in conjunction with others ...

lets say firefox + antivir (i know corporations lol) + firewall + peerguardian2 with good government lists and alot others ...

like addons to mozilla lets name a few :
- noscript (only allow the pages you trust)
- adblock+

if you are paranoid alot you should try some network sniffers to see what exacly is going out and in (if you have idea how to read packet headers)

thank you all for flags and stars
its my first breaking news thread and im hungry for flagz

cheers and dont get them scare you.
Internet = freedom . withoutit we are done :/

p.s.
sorry for my english

i never had any in school
(when i was young they teached russian)
so forgive my spelling

[edit on 17-4-2010 by reassor]

top topics

join