It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is United States military budget so high compared to Russia’s?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well about 300 are just to maintain the bases and pay everyone up. 70-80 which is estimated to be just for black projects , even though i believe to be a lot larger..and then the rest for other projects and research which are currently developing.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

what a load of BS ..

it was the VDV and Spetsnaz that crushed the CIA sponsored and funded Chechen rebels, their performance was excellent .

as for US forces in Afghanistan they lost 67 helis and 21 aircraft , due to malfunctioning equipment and hostile fire . pathetic , shows how crappy american equipment is . imagine what would happen if russians were to give Taliban Igla anti-air missiles

and equipment losses in iraq
127 helicopters and 24 fixed-wing aircraft have been reported by media to be lost in Iraq since the 2003 invasion till February 2009. 33% due to hostile fire

[edit on 17-4-2010 by sadchild01]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

what a load of BS ..

it was the VDV and Spetsnaz that crushed the CIA sponsored and funded Chechen rebels, their performance was excellent .

as for US forces in Afghanistan they lost 67 helis and 21 aircraft , due to malfunctioning equipment and hostile fire . pathetic , shows how crappy american equipment is . imagine what would happen if russians were to give Taliban Igla anti-air missiles

and equipment losses in iraq
127 helicopters and 24 fixed-wing aircraft have been reported by media to be lost in Iraq since the 2003 invasion till February 2009. 33% due to hostile fire

Well anyone can shoot a rocket at a helicopter, or launch a missile at an aircraft. Its if it really counts is if it matters. The point is they didn't even scratch our military, and the reason there was even any loss of aircraft due to hostile fire was purely due to cowardly fighting tactics. They hide behind civilians, women, and children, shoot a rocket at us. then call us baby killers when we fire back.

yes but I am sure the military of your country is absolutely perfect, and rocketproof and never makes any mistakes and no accidents ever happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

And this is how much russia lost in Afghanistan

Material losses were as follows:
451 aircraft (includes 333 helicopters)
147 tanks
1,314 IFV/APCs
433 artillery guns and mortars
1,138 radio sets and command vehicles
510 engineering vehicles
11,369 trucks and petrol tankers

your point?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm not sure of the real reason. However, I can tell you what the reason looks like from a non-American perspective: tiny penis complex.

To me, it looks no different than insecure people buying the biggest and flashest cars by way of compensation.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

yawn , that propaganda . most of the 'terrorist ts' nowadays are people who lost their family due to the mass murdering american forces
as for cowardly fighting tactics ,its the american way of cowardly fighting using predator drones , artillery ,aircraft etc. they don't face those who they kill , but the guerillas , they stand in the line of fire, unlike your military who hide in tanks and aircraft while bombing poor muslims with impunity

They hide behind civilians, women, and children, shoot a rocket at us. then call us baby killers when we fire back

and your mass murdering genocidal american military attempts to hide and cover up for the crimes they commit .( proved by wikileaks )

reply to post by Fatality

so?

I have only stated aircraft losses and these are not due to modern weapons . but the soviet losses were due to Milan ATGMs,Stinger missiles and 120mm mortars that afghan rebels got due to western backing

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

Russian losses in Afghanistan

* 451 aircraft (includes 333 helicopters)
* 147 tanks
* 1,314 IFV/APCs
* 433 artillery guns and mortars
* 1,138 radio sets and command vehicles
* 510 engineering vehicles
* 11,369 trucks and petrol tankers

enough said

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by standupamerica32

Well if you standupamerica32 done your research you would have known that NATO gave the Mujahideen equipment to fight the russians
edit on 23-5-2011 by SuperBug123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Because US is invading half the world.

Because the military industrial complex, owned by the Rothschild clan and cronies, pocket billions of this money.

Because they are funding a lot of black ops to terrorize the world and kill 3/4 of us.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why do we spend more on the military then the Russians?

Thats an easy answer. The russian soldiers live like our soldiers did in the 60's. We spend a lot more on medical,dental, housing, living allowances and basic care then the Russians. Plus we have better equipment.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

news.yahoo.com...
Cause they feed their soldiers dog food?

Whistleblower says Russian troops fed dog food

MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russian Interior Ministry troops were fed dog food earlier this year to save money, a former officer in the ministry said Thursday.

A rare whistleblower in Russia's expansive security forces, ex-Major Igor Matveyev said officers tried to cover up the scandal and other alleged wrongdoing at the Interior Ministry troops base where he served in the far east city of Vladivostok.

Matveyev, who served in Russia's wars against Chechen separatists in the 1990s, said he was ordered dismissed after posting a video on the Internet this month alleging widespread corruption in the Interior Ministry forces.

No one at the ministry's troop unit was immediately available to comment on his allegations.

"It's embarrassing to say but soldiers here were fed dog food. It was fed to them as stew," Matveyev said in an interview with Reuters, adding that dog food labels were covered up with labels reading 'premium quality beef'.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Why is United States military budget so high compared to Russia’s?

Because Russia does not have people in charge of its finances who can skim $2.3 Trillion without anyone batting an eyelid. Russia obviously has effective checks and balances to protect the public purse that for some strange reason the American system did away with decades ago.

No checks and balances + deregulation = bye bye America the beautiful.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Last I checked, Russia isn't the one creating fake reasons to go to war.....nor is it the one invading most of the Middle East......

Costs a lost of money to occupy lands and fight wars that began 10 years ago....with no end in sight.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Because US is invading half the world.

Because the military industrial complex, owned by the Rothschild clan and cronies, pocket billions of this money.

Because they are funding a lot of black ops to terrorize the world and kill 3/4 of us.

I went through these two pages and couldn`t believe no-one had stated the obvious.
Then i came to your post !
You beat me to it and well done.

I mean how many countries are the US based in?
Seventy something, a hundred and seventy something ?
I`ve lost count.
They`re Friggin everywhere, no wonder they blow all that money.
And that`s besides all the points that you made.

The American people are being ripped off by the military industrial complex.
Let`s not forget the cost of lives in these invasions/occupations.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Because the average american seem to be belligerent by nature.

If weapons are a "way of life" from the civilian aspect up to the military, therefore you will spend much more money in it when compared to other countries/cultures.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Umm . . .
Because in Amerika, the government serves YOU!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Russia doesn't spend money on protecting anybody but Russia. Russia won't spend alot of money on defence because they know whatever they spend, we'll spend triple because we have that NATO commitment, and the SEATO commitment, and the Tiawan commitment and stuff like that, Plus, the US MUST have the best military prep in the world becuase there isn't a single country on the planet we can count on to be there for us if we REALLY need them to be. So yeah, Russia spends a lot less, but then again, they only have themselves to worry about, and that's all they do worry about. Russia is absolutely no freind of the US and never has been.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its very advanced and its very complicated, but they want to control the world and collinize space. However, they only want to select those that genetically qualify for their plans.

I hope thier "designers" return and throw a spanner in the works.
edit on 23-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's, expensive, contract work to make and maintain weapons...
One of the major, underlining, reasons. I bet it could be done for cheaper........ However companies like RAytheon and Northrup Grummon won't provide their technolgy and China can't match it!!

China made a stealth, released this year, bought from the SErbian's after a U.S F117 was downed...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The US military budget is so huge to pay for companies like Halliburton and their enormous contracts like $600 hammers and $1500.00 potty seats. And Halliburton, is just one subcontractor raping the American taxpayer.

War is big business.

www.plamero.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join