It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Blackwater president indicted on weapons charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Former Blackwater president indicted on weapons charges

news.yahoo.com

The former president of Blackwater Worldwide was charged Friday with using straw purchases to stockpile automatic weapons at the security firm and filing false documents to cover up gifts given to the King of Jordan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The federal indictment charges Gary Jackson, 52, who left the company last year in a management shakeup, along with four other former workers.

The charges open a new front of the government's oversight of the sullied security company. Several of the company's contractors have previously been charged with federal crimes for their actions in war zones, but the company's executives have so far weathered a range of investigations.

This is quite a revelation. The biggest part to me is the gifts to Jordan! Whats that all about! Well, I have to run, I will try and weigh in when I get a chance.

-E-

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
wonderful tidbit of info
S&F

seems like more and more gov criminals
are being flushed out these days.

When is scandal gonna hit Haliburton ???
Maybe Cheney goes down with the ship
type scenario.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I'd like to see these people tried, convicted, and punished outside the juristiction of the U.S. goverment. By a private corporation, perhaps.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
SWEEEEET!!
About time these mercenaries got some of what they deserve. Now if they could only charge Erik Prince as well...
Regardless, this is welcome news. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
doulbe post

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree Blackwater (or Xe as they are called now) are truly horrible. The worse part is George Bush and his cronies supported them financial in contracts and what not to send them to the middle east, where they killed without discretion. A sad sad day indeed.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I say it's about time the snake that is Blackwater/Xe gets its head chopped off.

While this is just a former President of the mercenary group, and he may be a patsy for preserving the hierarchy currently in charge, that someone, anyone is indicted is a good thing.

It will amaze me, however, if those charges actually stick, and they do not wiggle their way out of this indictment

This has been an ongoing debacle and those in power are covering their butts quickly.

Ex-Blackwater Employees Charged With Murdering Afghans

I've done a few threads on Blackwater, prior to their changing to Xe, a whitewash.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

...and...

Blackwater : Left-Wing Liberal America, & Shifting Alliance, Leading Because It's For Our Future...

It is nothing more than the military side-stepping regular channels through mercenaries.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Blackwater is but another NGO - Non-Governmental Organization. The "official" Government uses these NGOs to do all those things they could not risk doing themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The CIA also supposedly employed members of Blackwater as well for middle east missions. talk about the blind leading the blind

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The thing that gets me, is the question of why these companies are employed to do special missions. I mean we have the Navy Seals, Green Berets, Army Rangers etc. These are supposed to be the most highly trained and dangerous people in the world. What gives?

new topics

top topics

join