It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good Times Are Here!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I love your posts and threads SolarE-Souljah.

Thanks for the reminder to be positive. I was letting some negativity work its way in this morning and your message is just what I needed.

So many of the people that are held up as good examples in life, had huge problems and difficulties. It was in large part their positivity that kept them going forward and become exceptional.

Right on with this thread, ♥ it.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

people who feel scared or down about the information that is released shouldn't be on the site. just as the right shouldn't watch glenn beck.

we aren't fear mongering, we are interested in highly controversial topics and we tend to agree on a few significant ones or a balance of created events toward a certain path, goal, or misleaded step.

if you feel down or scared, do not carry on this site. come back in 2012 or something.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
S+F from me. I was thinking about starting a thread like this yesterday, but I've never started a thread before and I probably never will, unless I have something substantial to throw in the ring.

I always try to act in a positive manor and I realize that kindness to strangers is the most profound life changing actions one can make. Yesterday I had to make a trip to the grocery store and when I went to checkout I could tell the cashier was young, probably in high school. I said the usual "hi, hows it going" and she said "great it's my last day here". So after a moments pause I said " so I guess your'e movin to bigger and better things?" in a joking way. She said "can't wait I'm moving to Seatle". We are in Arkansas so thats a big move. So I asked " are you moving because your'e parents are changing jobs?" She said her parents were staying behind. She told me she had family up there thats going to take her in. At this time she had already finished checking my items and I'd already paid. There was nobody else in line so I wasn't in a rush to leave our conversation. I said" well, I wish you luck in whatever direction your life is taking you". I started to walk away and she said wait sir. I turned around and immediatly i could see tears in the girls eyes. She walked over to me and said" i have been here for a year, my parents are on the verge of a divorce-they haven't even talked to me in a week there even happy i'm moving. I don't fit in at this school i have no friends and I'm always made ridiculed. You are the only person that has been nice to me or even treated me like a person in a long time. She gave me a hug and in the most sincere way I have ever personally experienced repeated what I had said. I wish you luck in whatever direction your life is taking you.

What began as a common exchange of courtesy became something that will probably be in our heart for a long time. This is what life is about. love, compassion, unity.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by digginforthetruth

What began as a common exchange of courtesy became something that will probably be in our heart for a long time. This is what life is about. love, compassion, unity.

Oh yes. Whenever A customer service representative is helping me, I always treat them with the utmost respect, as I have been there. I have been on the cashier side of the system, So I know the kind of stress that they have to go through. I never treat them like they are not a person, like some people do.

digginforthetruth, thank you for this story. It's good stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah! These are STILL the good ole' days!

OP, Tell your doctor to take you off the Antidepressants and put you on
Lithium...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
OP, Tell your doctor to take you off the Antidepressants and put you on
Lithium...

Brah, you think I'm gonna touch that pharmaceutical bullsmack?! What the hell!? You get problem with me for my beliefs? What's up?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashtree

It does matter - rely on your strength, believe in yourself, and you could pull everyone you love out.

We can only change ourselves, not other people.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yeah well it`s like a friend once told me and I`m sure some of you have heard this before. It goes like this: smile now, cry later. For me that works also in reverse: cry now, smile later. It helps me know that no matter how low I feel, that better times will come and it won`t always be like this, I won`t always feel so depressed and hopeless about everything and then guilty on top of it all because I didn`t do more to change things. I know that there will be times when I will be distracted from all that by the subtle beauties of life. And still other times when I will feel encompassed by the love in this world and feel like everything will be ok no matter what. But of course I don`t forget that these moments are far from everlasting, which I see as a good thing because then we appreciate them more. It`s kind of how someone once said that the "gods" envy us because of our mortality. For us, there will never be a moment like this one right now ever again... and now it`s gone. Each time we enjoy food, take a lover, fascinate our minds, that food taste so much better, the love so much sweeter than it would be if we all lived forever and had experienced so many things so many times. The fact that you barely have half a century on this planet and you are spending this time doing doing whatever you are doing, you should feel damn lucky because the "gods" envy us!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

I would like to tell you right now to forget guilty.

Guilty has been put upon you by other people.

You do not need to carry guilty, because it is not one your burdens.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I wanted to share an amazing moment that just happened to me.

I woke up this morning, in my dreary darkened room. I layed in bed and thought about how the good times were now gone... but then I decided to go and grab some breakfast, maybe that would cheer me up.

So I go down to get breakfast at the food court and I end up seeing an old friend of mine. She comes up to me and says, "I haven't seen you forever! I've missed you!" and then she gave me a hug out of nowhere. It made my entire day. I proceeded to get my breakfast and take a look at my surroundings. I saw many happy faces as they enjoyed their meals and talked with friends after a Friday night of partying. I said out loud right there in the food court, "life ain't so bad," with a big smile on my face.

I then took an alternate way back to my room by stepping outside, and damn, it's a gorgeous day. The sun's out, the wind is blowing, and oh my, I appreciate it all so much.

That one hug from an old friend turned my entire day around.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

That one hug from an old friend turned my entire day around.

Big Time...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Big Time...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky

Big Time...

It's really too bad every time I see the lion hugging the guy it looks like he's getting mauled!!! hahah.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Don't let that negative energy get to you! Come on! I'm sending out oodles of positive energy out into the world right now! Hopefully some of it reaches you. Imagine if everyone put out good vibes instead of bad ones! Be happy everyone!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Seriously ya'all, stop feeling sorry for yourself and get out and LIVE!!!

I'm not gonna lie. I feel great right now. If you wanna feel doomy and gloomy go right ahead. Seriously, get your head out of your *** and go take a walk outside. Find some trees. They would love for a human to give em some love.

Hatred and Envy, dude, you need to go and find something happy.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

and people causing other people negativity,

Is the house of feasting better than the house of mourning? Don't judge others, judge yourself. There's reason to be that way sometimes. I'm happy you're happy, but leave the rest of us alone.

P.s. Go watch the sitcoms, or the ads, or the news, and you'll basically find your happiness again. Down with the herd mentalities.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Northwarden]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join