It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican acknowledges E.T. Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by misteRee

No, I completely respect where you are coming from. I too view the Vatican as a corrupt money worshipping organization that had bent religious views to support their agenda. However, I hadn't seen anything on this before, and we have been seeing more and more instances where smaller countries and former leaders are coming forth with information. Although I have disdain for the Vatican, with as many faithful followers that they have, it does seem to carry some weight.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Vatican has for some time, now, officially considered intelligent extraterrestrial life to be perfectly acceptable and not out of line with doctrine.

Interview with the head of the Vatican Observatory (which is a very well respected research organization doing serious astrophysics and astronomy).

Here the NY Times picks up on this, too.

Now, it certainly would be interesting if all of these statements is laying groundwork and "getting the word out" to their followers via the media that it's not a problem for their spiritual salvation not only if, but when the revelation comes out. I'll believe it only when I see it happen, but it's certainly fun to speculate and hope that they are getting their people ready because it's something that will be announced (relatively) soon. Of course, for an institution as old as the Vatican, "soon" can mean a century. If they do know something, I hope we don't have to wait that long.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Ok, ok. you got me there. Lesson learned, I will never reference that website again. Although, not current or relevant information, I still find it intriguing. I was just mislead in the original timeframe of the information.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is actually old news refurbished. The original story is from 2005. This story appears once every 6 months or so. I've been following this for about 5 years now.

It's not a deflection of the current "crisis" that the Vatican is going through. Those who think this are thinking in the wrong direction.

Why would the Vatican acknowledge ET life? They're not preparing people that their clergy are sinners, they're preparing the people for something MUCH bigger.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Yeah I'm afraid that I've learned it's old news. The website I referenced apparently regugitated it. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

No, I completely respect where you are coming from. I too view the Vatican as a corrupt money worshipping organization that had bent religious views to support their agenda. However, I hadn't seen anything on this before, and we have been seeing more and more instances where smaller countries and former leaders are coming forth with information. Although I have disdain for the Vatican, with as many faithful followers that they have, it does seem to carry some weight.

Yeah i see where you're coming from totally, but myself, i can't help think of possible alterior motives for what they are saying xD. But i appreciate what you say and i also believe they are privy to knowledge far beyond us;(as where there is money there seems to be power, and knowledge, secret knowledge)i also agree about disclosure, but i can't see how doing it gradually will pan out..

I mean there's been UFO files released by the MoD in my country in liason with the National Archives, And even release of military videos in many other countries worldwide. Do you feel they're say "wetting our lips" for something juicy to come. Something big?

One of my opinions is that I don't feel they could come out with alien crafts as that may have defense implications for the US or any other country [possibly] reverse engineering alien craft. What do you think?

Peace out

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Exactly. There is no telling what kind of technology the government(s) are sitting on. That would be one reason for delaying the disclosure of any intimate knowldedge they might have.

There is always the "people would freak out" excuse. I'm sure there would be mentally unstable people that would be affected by a disclosure. Not to mention some people might have trouble incorporating it into their faith. So there is the "breakdown of moral fiber" that some say could occur.

Perhaps there are dozens of reasons keeping them from full disclosure, and only one reason to disclose: integrity. We both know that is something that most governing bodies lack sorely.

Maybe disclosure will only really occur when they need the mass of populations for something related. EX. the construction of space stations, ships, etc...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ok, so the pronouncement is old (1985) and the Monsignor Corrado Balducci has deceased (2 years ago). But has the Vatican denounced the subject yet?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Not to mention some people might have trouble incorporating it into their faith. So there is the "breakdown of moral fiber" that some say could occur.

That is why i agree with you and feel the overarching hints and suggestions towards disclosure here and there, popping in and out of the mainstream. I still personally think they are not to be trusted, not that i don't believe myself what they propose.

People get ridiculed less these days when they express their "faith" or belief in life elsewhere, even credible news reporters. It's not such a twisted, bizarre, imaginary concept these days and i think thats due to progression of technology and ideas.

But i just don't understand how they come out with it fully. Or even at least intelligient life. I think that's an important point too, for them to disclose that there is INTELLIGENT life who have visited here has far worse ramifications than just pronouning extra-terrestrial life as truth because that could just mean cell-life, like bacteria and things a-like. I personally believe i am mature enough for this kind of disclosure but i can't see it happening in the near future
unfortunately.

I think it carries the same weight as the abolition of slavery, disclosure that is. We are not free at the moment, are minds are bound, as soon as we are open to the truth (that has been kept from us) we will free our minds and understanding of the universe and how we are one.

We may work together, realising that we are all of this reality, so why shouldn't we work together in realising it's glory instead of fighting, greed, control, restriction?

I don't think people see the importance of disclosure, or at least the majority.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

I've been looking and I can't find anything on denouncing. If by denouncing you mean distancing themselves from the subject. From what I've seen their unofficial stance is that the belief in other E.T. doesn't contradict their faith. However, its not something they talk about at mass either.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I've been looking and I can't find anything on denouncing. If by denouncing you mean distancing themselves from the subject. From what I've seen their unofficial stance is that the belief in other E.T. doesn't contradict their faith. However, its not something they talk about at mass either.

Well, they have apparently had enough time to denounce it. So, despite Monsignor Corrado Balducci's death... his statement stands as Vatican position on ET. Sounds like 'disclosure' to me.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by Larryman]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman

Well, they have apparently had enough time to denounce it. So, despite Monsignor Corrado Balducci's death... his statement stands as Vatican position on ET. Sounds like 'disclosure' to me.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by Larryman]

Next, disclosure with proof.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join