It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icelandic volcano eruption intensifies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Icelandic volcano eruption intensifies

www.alertnet.org

Another scientist said the eruption was 10 times more powerful than one which occurred last month on the flank of the volcano, though the two were part of the same event.

To the east of the volcano, thousands of hectares of land are covered by a thick layer of ash while a cloud blotted out the sun in some areas along the southern coast of Iceland, local media reported.

The cloud of ash from the eruption has hit air travel all over northern Europe, with flights grounded or diverted due to the risk of engine damage from sucking in particles of ash from the volcanic cloud.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
was wondering 4 an expers vieuw still 2 shocked 2 make a sensible story of it really just like 2 mention were i live the has never been an airport closed becuase of a volcano and they dont now how much longer its going 2 be its being compared 2 a eruptin a long time ago when 75 procent of the animals died in iceland and the volcanic ass thats expected here in holland alooks 2 be quite hamfull this is my first post here so dont hate if i didnt do it wright and it seems like evry week somthing is happening last week i saw some kind of strange comet or some chit i feel like the earth is getting angr just like its prdicted in some book...

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
is this like, another actual new eruption, as if its not ...

*clears throat*

WE ALREADY KNOW!!!

thats all thats been on any UK news sorce for the last 24 hours!

use search dude!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is all over ATS, it is the same eruption that has been on going since yesterday, just intensified. Add comments to one of the many already existing threads.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You didn't even have to search - there's a whole bunch of threads all on the front page. For goodness sake.

EDIT: Just noticed it's your first post. Sorry to be harsh - just make sure to at least scan the first page when you post as most stories are covered the second they break. People are fast around here

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Curio]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
icecold7 is alarmed, even to the point of being frantic...
let him/her be... sometimes one get 'blind' to normal procedures

what no-ones speaking about, is the apparent increasing temperatures of the Mantle layer immediately below the crust portion of our land masses.

this is probably because a sudden upsurge of mantle 'plumes' or else a universal increase of the molten rock temperature in the near surface mantle is unpresetented and has no known model to follow... so even the learned scientists are befuddled and without 'Answers'

the best they can do is Speculate... which will put them out-on-a-limb,
(which they will not do) so as to protect their reputations and career standing,

i however put forth the notion that the Earth Core is for some reason spinning or slowing rapidly (i.e. in flux)... which in turn causes drastic changes and vortices in the liquid-plastic rock floes that comprises the earth Mantle...
many'hot' spots are way above normal, thus changing the Earths magnetic pole stability, and causing 'weak areas' under the surface 'crust' to be prone to both siesiemic and exceedingly robust volcanic events. Witness the activity at wide flung places such as; yellowstone/krakatoa/the ring of fire/ the N.African plate movement/
etc etc.

lets try to find an authorative voice that speaks clearly on the events and the likely cause of these ever-increasing volcanic+earthquake events which are definitely increasing in number and intensity during the past year! ~0r So~

spread out members/investigative reporters on ATS,... lets find voices that tell it like it is.... lets start connecting some dots

amen

(EDIT for: spelling atrocities making me look dumber than i really am)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hi check you're u2u messages ; ) I've send you a few.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We cant have global warming on the outside of the planet without having the magma heating up also.

That means expantion, leading to earthquakes and volcanoes.

I guess we should get ready to rumble folks!.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

I don't think the temprature of our atmosphere is hardly affecting the inner Earth.

How can a massive 10 degrees warming up have an affect on molten rock which has to be more then 1200 degrees to get molten ?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

this is probably because a sudden upsurge of mantle 'plumes' or else a universal increase of the molten rock temperature in the near surface mantle is unpresetented and has no known model to follow... so even the learned scientists are befuddled and without 'Answers'

Source please. I'm good with Google and I can't find any?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

One thing i do know as fact is that the erruption in Chile, produced a small lake of water FROM THE VENT HOLES, and i tend to agree, but add in high pressure (water) mine drilling that has been going on for years and years , well u can take it from there,, and just maybe poor old mother earth is off the hook on this one.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
You didn't even have to search - there's a whole bunch of threads all on the front page. For goodness sake.

EDIT: Just noticed it's your first post. Sorry to be harsh - just make sure to at least scan the first page when you post as most stories are covered the second they break. People are fast around here

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Curio]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
ok thanks.. i did look 4 for it but didnt see it .i thougt it was strange oh well u live and u learn well in mty case i just live i gues lol

top topics

join