It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icelandic volcanic ash alert grounds UK flights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Military aircraft and small private planes flying at low altitude aren't affected. It's above 5000ft that the threat lies. Just been to sutton park in Birmingham which is right under B'hams flight path. Normally very busy but totally silent deserted skies.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

I was outside for 3 hours today cooking my self under the Sun and it was great not to hear the rumbling of any Jets for once.
Fantastic.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Planes wont be flying today until at least 7pm. www.google.com...

It was amazing to see the skies above kent totally free from any contrails that usually crisscross our sky. My heart does go out to anybody who has been affected by this. My brother runs an airport taxi firm so he has been directly affected. Have any ats members been affected if so what was your story.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So THATS what the sky supposed to look like without contrails/chemtrails... Just blue sky.... Beautiful...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The skies over berkeley are quiet tonight too. Have only heard two copters in the last 6 hours.. This is affecting air travel worldwide.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Here is a vid I took on my nokia 5800 phone of the skies above Kent uk today. Also we are getting a thin layer of ash dust covering cars etc and actually tickling my throat causing me to occasionally cough as I am allergic to dust.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Here's a quik vid of what maybe volcanic dust that is covering all the cars in the coastal town in Kent UK. Does not show to well but it is fine layer of grey dust most noticeable on the windows .

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Better example of the dust covering many cars today in kent.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Backing up my video claims of ash on cars come this from the daily mail. www.dailymail.co.uk...

visit link for full story and photos of cars etc

he dust really IS starting to settle: Scientists find particles of volcanic ash on the streets of Sheffield

By Liz Hazelton
Last updated at 5:34 PM on 16th April 2010

Particles of ash from the volcano in Iceland were today falling across Britain leaving cars and pavements coated in black dust.

Scientists from Sheffield Hallam University scraped up samples of the material and were later able to confirm that it had come from Eyjafjallajökul.

Dr Hywel Jones, consultancy manager of the university's Materials and Engineering Research Institute, spotted the dust on his cycle ride into work.Samples were collected from cars parked in Sheffield Hallam's Science Park.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If u can see it you already have cement-lung the new illness ,, look it up

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have a strong feeling that this is THE BEGINNING OF AN END FOR EUROPE. THIS VOLCANO AND PERHAPS MORE OTHERS SOON WILL MAKE EUROPE UNINHABITABLE.

If you're in Europe, I recommend you get out of there ASAP if you don't want to suffocate to death.
The ash will build up more and more, your water supply and livestock will be poisoned. famines, etc will follow. get out to Asia, Africa or North/South America. if you wait longer, they won't save you or accept you in their borders.

there are many prophesies of Europe being flooded and uninhabitable. Save yourself and your family before its too late and run away to another continent or Russia/Asia while you still can and while it's possible to cross the border.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Clear skies are all well and good, but i want to come home in three weeks, thanks very much!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch why does this not apply to military aircraft they have been flying over me today in northamptonshire uk?

Because my friend, these pilots are highly professional, highly paid, highly motivated and probably ordered to do so!

Apart from that, they are not crap-hat civvies!

Isn't this country amazing?

First its heat, then floods, then snow, then the wrong types of leaves on the rails, then more snow, then even more leaves.

Now, its ash from a very large fire. All it needs is for a few very brave Icelanders - preferably some bankers, to go and pour some cold water on it to put it out!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by fritz]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

Now, its ash from a very large fire. All it needs is for a few very brave Icelanders - preferably some bankers, to go and pour some cold water on it to put it out!

that would make it worse. Its the volcano melting the glazier that is enabling water to pour in and create such violent ash /steam to erupt.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
More news on the ash coating cars etc in the UK www.telegraph.co.uk...

ASH

The Met Office reported that ash from Eyjafjallajokull had settled over much of Britain, with a thin coating detected at its monitoring stations in the North, the Midlands and the Thames Valley.

It said: "Evidence of ash dust over the UK is being detected by Met Office observations and there are reports of dust reaching the ground."

The British Lung Foundation advised people with a lung condition to carry their medication as a precaution as they may experience short-term worsening of symptoms. However it stressed that the ash does not pose a significant health risk to the public.

There were reports lst night of cars as far afield as Heathrow and north Wales covered in a fine coating of the dust

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Just seen on sky news Breaking now that the ash could reach the eastern coast of the US by 16:00 today. America brace yourselves for travel chaos.
news.sky.com... ( I saw this on tv doesn't seem to be on their web site yet, it will be soon I am sure) Just click on their live player.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37[/url]

Yeah. Sorry mate. I was forgetting my Fire NCO Training.

What I meant to say was:

Get some very brave Icelanders, preferrably bankers, to pour some AFFF down the hole.

When it mixes with the glacial waters -
- lots of foam! If THAT won't put the fire out, nothing will!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
You will find some interesting links here -->> www.wunderground.com...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Shock]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by betweentheworlds
I have a strong feeling that this is THE BEGINNING OF AN END FOR EUROPE. THIS VOLCANO AND PERHAPS MORE OTHERS SOON WILL MAKE EUROPE UNINHABITABLE.

If you're in Europe, I recommend you get out of there ASAP if you don't want to suffocate to death.
The ash will build up more and more, your water supply and livestock will be poisoned. famines, etc will follow. get out to Asia, Africa or North/South America. if you wait longer, they won't save you or accept you in their borders.

there are many prophesies of Europe being flooded and uninhabitable. Save yourself and your family before its too late and run away to another continent or Russia/Asia while you still can and while it's possible to cross the border.

Good luck.

Do you just copy and paste this in every thread you can find?

On topic, thx for the vids. Wonder if/when this will affect the east coast of the US.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Why are Gatwick and heathrow still shut?? I have seen 8 passenger planes in 15 mins fly over kent uk in the no fly zone here is some video proof I have just taken on my nokia 5800. I have also taken some video close up of those and more planes with my sony camcorder its just a pain to upload may do later when have more time. However you can see two planes in this video .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join