It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime Prediction Software is Here, Say Goodbye to Human Rights and the Constitution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

CRIME PREDICTION SOFTWARE IS HERE, SAY GOODBYE TO HUMAN RIGHTS AND THE CONSTITUTION!

gizmodo.com

There are no naked pre-cogs inside glowing jacuzzis yet, but the Florida State Department of Juvenile Justice will use analysis software to predict crime by young delinquents, putting potential offenders under specific prevention and education programs. Goodbye, human rights!

They will use this software on juvenile delinquents, using a series of variables to determine the potential for these people to commit another crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Replaced 'All Caps' in title

[edit on 14/4/10 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Is it just me or we're living in the Twilight Zone? What used to be "Sci-Fi" is becoming more real day by day, it was just a few years ago when the movie "Minority Report" was released and we had no idea this kind of technology even existed, now is a fact that they do have the power to do such a thing. Bombarding us in every possible way and taking ALL of our human rights, slowly but surely burning the constitution and we're just here letting them do it, People, you need to wake up before you accept this kind of technology and get our rights taken away from us.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-4-2010 by flprince]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by flprince]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
First line.

Maybe they should invent all-caps predicting software first.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can see the concern if people are thrown in jail because the software "predicts" they will commit a crime.

What if the software merely identified individuals who were prone to crime and counselors approached those individuals and gave them the opportunity to voluntarily enroll anti-crime programs like after-school sports leagues? Some good could result if the software identifies at risk youth and gets them into programs that turn them into productive citizens rather than convicts.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is bad idea #2387. Soon it will all come crashing down.
People will only take so much until they snap. DHS pretty much thinks we are all crimanals allready so I guess our goose is cooked ...software is just somewhere they can point the blame too without taking the rap.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here is a better idea.

Let's invest in figuring out why people become criminals.

Then let's invest in figuring out how to prevent that from ever happening in the first place.

This is common sense. Something our Society has lost, obviously.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
This is bad idea #2387. Soon it will all come crashing down.
People will only take so much until they snap. DHS pretty much thinks we are all crimanals allready so I guess our goose is cooked ...software is just somewhere they can point the blame too without taking the rap.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Grayelf2009]

Yeah, but then again, how many people got nabbed after a cop visits a psychic? Wait till they start pushing that into the mainstream too. Precrime. Ugh.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Once I remember someone said that said the DNA testing can prove someone is a killer has been proven wrong.

Why
Because if you use the DNA testing just once it will either tell or say Guilty or innocent, the same DNA testing goes for the dead people, how can you tell if a loved one belonged to you if a DNA test says so?

If not at all times, the DNA testing system has been proven to fail alot of times.

This New System
I wont be surprised to see in the future if all innocent people are arrested rather then the real criminals, if the system fails so does the police corrupt system of thinking.

But dont worry if theres a new revolution coming, this wont issue wont matter anymore
so you can relax americans

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Here is a better idea.

Then let's invest in figuring out how to prevent that from ever happening in the first place.

I kind of think thats the point of it, they must have some criteria of to whom would be come a criminal in what situations, It is supposed to be able to do exactly that, look at reasons for crime and do something to prevent it with certain individuals being able to pick out the bad situations and step in and try to make them better. I think its a great idea, give the kid a chance before he does something stupid. at least thats the sunny side of the tech, I am sure it can be used for bad, as with anything. But I don't see people giving up their pre paid cells because it can be used in a crime.

I'll bet anyone 20 bucks right now the government will never arrest people based on what they could do (or at least as it pertains to this software)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Here´s another way to look at it.

The more they take away our rights and introduce more surveillance gear the more we get pissed off , which is a good thing - we need to get pissed off.

Capitalism turns everything into a market , even our liberties.

Surveillance , body scans ...it's all just a market.

So , I say let the market have it's way , they will then introduce more of this stuff until people lose it and rebel.

Means to an end. ☻

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Compulsionist]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What's going to happen to the kids who torture ants, swear when something bad happens, or do some other things that are deemed 'antisocial' or rub someone in authority the wrong way, somehow?

And it's going to be a two-tiered system, one for the poor and unconnected, and one for the wealthy and connected. Basically, the system does not apply to the wealthy and connected, only for the poor and unconnected.

In the future, kids and adults are going to be taken away (They won't be 'arrested' they will just be 'removed for their own safety') from their parents and put into military schools where the real psychopaths will get separated and groomed (and probably cloned) for a future in the military serving the scummy 'Elites' and adults will be sent to work rehabiliation programs where they will not get paid at all, or they can choose to join the military where they will be paid a minimum danger wage without benefits or retirement packages and all of this will be done in the name of 'Safety' and 'Social Security' hunting supporters of the 'Constitution' (at that time a vague memory) with its supporters now known as 'Dangerous paranoid conspiracy theorists'

I really, really wish I could say I am exaggerating but I doubt this will be much of an exaggeration in the future. We have some serious crazies in power who will use garbage technology and theories to excuse their actions.

I bet anyone 20 cents that this system will be abused. 100% guaranteed.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This predictive capability has been around since the late 90's. It was at one time called pattern analysis. Anyway, by data mining corporation servers it could be very possible to determine if a certain criminal gang will strike a certain resort parking lots on a certain day and at a certain time. While this process works, I can personally attest to the ability to use predictive behavior to determine future criminal conduct. I will briefly explain.

At the request of my Executive Security V.P., I once did a 30 day by week and by day and by hour and minute chart that showed when all crime was expected to occur based on the method of operation (MO) of the criminal gangs previous 12 months of criminal actions. By merely sorting criminal activity by MO, I was able to coordinate with security managers as to when major crime would take place at which certain resort parking lots that crime would occur at.

With local police and corporation security waiting for the predicted criminals to show up, we did, within 5 minutes of when predicted, arrested 34 organized criminal gang members that were conducting organized car break ins in the guest parking lots for high value items like camcorders, laptops, cameras, tires, luggage and anything of value that gets hidden in the trunk while you and the family enjoy the amusement park or enjoy a dinner with the family.

Predictive pattern analysis is now called predictive software, but it does clearly work. The only serious problem that was encountered was that once any corporation decides to use this predictive software, they cannot selectively select which crimes to pursue. This is where originally the corporation I worked for had a set back in court because it was discovered at trial that while we knew of many potential crimes, we only worked the major crimes and this is where as a corporation it went wrong.

This selective choosing of which crimes to pursue is what got the cases thrown out of court and dismissed based on that inability to consistently go after all crimes and criminals and not just those cases that would earn some security manager a promotion.

Cherry picking which criminal cases to work became the security managers prerogative and it was that selective determination to pursue some criminal cases while ignoring others is what caused the original predictive software cases to be thrown out of court because of this inability to pursue all known crimes that are going to be knowingly committed and not just the big felony cases that help some get promoted.

Better get use to it. If you do something,anything often enough and if its recorded, they can tell you so much that there comes a point where someone like myself could predict with a 98% accuracy that you would do something I knew you were prone to doing based on any previous criminal record and records of crimes committed at the corporation parking lots that I was monitoring. I knew what approximate time and what day and what resort parking lot they preferred to steal from and as such we were able to prevent their new criminal plans by just analyzing the existing data in the data server of the corporation.

Anyway, this is a good, solid, subject matter which we will see much more of in the future.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Here is a better idea.

That will just lead to genetic engineering...

Originally posted by Compulsionist
reply to post by muzzleflash

Here´s another way to look at it.

The more they take away our rights and introduce more surveillance gear the more we get pissed off , which is a good thing - we need to get pissed off.

Capitalism turns everything into a market , even our liberties.

Surveillance , body scans ...it's all just a market.

So , I say let the market have it's way , they will then introduce more of this stuff until people lose it and rebel.

Means to an end. ☻

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Compulsionist]

Flawed logic, IBM can't take away your natural rights, only the government can. If you want to yield your rights to IBM then you can, if not then you simply don't use their product. That's not the case of a government institution, you simply have no choice but to yield your rights. You can't have liberty without economic liberty, hate to break it to you.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Become a victim of crime and see if your attitude changes.

Suppose your daughter was abducted and raped. Then you find out that the police had predicted (via software) that another abduction was due from that mall on that weekend. But they did nothing.

You hear on the news every year where there is a string of home break ins. If your section of the street is on the predicted list should the police mail out report forms to every one the days before? Or should they post a undercover van on the street?

They use tornado predicting software every summer. This is nothing different, just pattern prediction. If you feel better becoming a victim of predictable crime just tell the police “don’t bother saving me”.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It won't be very long before we have a network of machines whose mission is preventing crime.

There will drones and suriveillance cameras watching people tied back to powerful A.I.s that watch people for behavior patterns and record biometric data.

When a person displays potential criminal behavior, their names wil be placed in a database of potential criminals. Then they will be tracked and analysed by the system.

The A.I.s won't be precogs, but instead will use a system like Aasimov's "Psychohistory" or mathematical forecasting using statistics.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This software and computers are rubbish full stop. They used this rubbish monority report rubbish on me 18 years ago and destroyed my life. I have never committed one crime all these years and i was never allowed to live a life.

The people behind this minority report rubbish software and tech are dunce beyond words of any imagination.
Get it minority report rubbish is there for police to murder you if you never commit a crime.

Look at this.

1) They said i may commit a violent crime.
answer: I have never been violent in my life, and last hit someone in when i was 13, 22 years ago.

2) They said i may be a rapist.
Answer: I have never wanted to have sex with females in my life ever.

3) They said i had a weapon.
Answer : I have never ever had any weapons in my life, and i have never wanted any.

Get it, these things do not work, they are there for people to make it all up so they can murder innocent people.

The minority report techs in usa and uk are rubbish beyond words, and my life has shown that the people behind these techs are as big as dunce people you will find in society, with no critical thinking skills what so ever.

Minority report techs, are rubbish and my life has proven this as fact. They just absolutely wrecked my life, for no reason other than they just wanted to do this to me.

Police and government are murderers just waiting to kill. No one should do anything to justify the rubbish the police and government spout to justify murdering there victims.

Working for police and government is a license to kill anyone you want.

p.s Make sure you do not do anything wrong, and just show these dunce people they have no critical thinking skills what so ever, These people behind this sort of minority report rubbish are absolute thick, and it amazes me is they say that people who goto uni are smart, lol.

By the way i have never had any contact by the police in my life and have never committed a crime, so what they did to me was just premeditated murder, in effect. Police and government just make it all up, of tehy want to kill you.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by flprince

This just reminds me of how the MMPI is not a personality inventory for some people, but rather an IQ test...if you are clever enough you know what a more weird versus less weird response should be...juvenile criminals of the better sort will modify their behavior to avoid red-flagging whichever metric...and the stupid juvenile criminals, they were born screwed anyway...

Again, this reminds me of those hedge fund Long Term Capital Management rocket science quants, with their predictive money-making market analysis...You can predict purely and accurately if you are not feeding back into the system you study, but when you are buying and selling, or paroling or incarcerating, on the basis of your analysis...then you are feeding back into the system and the thing you are studying changes...

I bet these innovators just want to sell their software and are not actually concerned to see it very accurate...and I bet as it is implemented it will become less accurate, less relevant...and then some other new false clever product will the next fashion in criminal justice...

top topics

join