It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Says U.S. Has Expressed Its Concern To Syria At Highest Level

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Na americas attitude to nukes is different today. Its changed in the 90's under clinton.

America is a war like monster, but they will not turn any nation into glass. Bt they do like killing and blowing up with every other weapons don't they?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Hizbullah and Syria could soon incur the wrath of the US.

If Hizbullah does have the SCUDs, I don't think were going to wait to see if anyone fires them.

Syria needs to wake up and realize there are over 100,000 US troops in Iraq mostly just sitting around. We begin to withdraw in September, but we can make a detour to Damascus if need be.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think Israel is using their old and well planted "Scud" - brainwashing keyword to excuse to this war. It work same style than WMDs or Nukes in western world.

Something what I just read and what I want to take here is this:

Israeli regime worse than apartheid

Erekat stressed the peace process was at a "dead end."

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
War is coming and coming soon. The stupid cover stories about earthquakes and kidnapping is just a show for the sheep.

They are getting ready for something and I believe it is full out war not a limited campaign. If I had to guess I would say sometime this summer or spring.

yes, its like in the old days when two armies meet, first they talk, lay out the rules and the outcomes if one wins, then they fight... half way mid the battle one of the sides will ignore the rules and tries the easy way out, this may work or not.

russia and USA already have set the fair amount of nuclear weapons that they can use, no one can use more than the other...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Russia, China, and Iran versus Israel, the US and the UK.

Oh brother. That would certainly fit the criteria for WWIII and frankly is my least favorite match-up.

Slayer's right -- there is an awful lot of equipment moving around. Actions speaker louder than words and to me, this is all screaming get ready.

Iran announced it was only months away from joining the "nuclear elite", Russia and China have already said no to additional sanctions on Iran, and Israel stated back in December or so that they would "only wait so long for diplomacy".

Seems to me that the hourglass is just about dry. I hope not though. I think the US is in for a real eye-opener.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Iranian spy was right, Israel must act now to prevent more carnage in the future.Buck-passing is over, and maybe they could set the example with Syria.I wonder how the rethorics are going to sound here if such a scud hits Tel aviv killing hundreds of Israeli's[and Palestinians] or a nuclear power plant. This really looks like the Cuban missile crisis, accept now the threatened country is way smaller and has an samson option for friend and foe.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Russia, China, and Iran versus Israel, the US and the UK.

Oh brother. That would certainly fit the criteria for WWIII and frankly is my least favorite match-up.

Slayer's right -- there is an awful lot of equipment moving around. Actions speaker louder than words and to me, this is all screaming get ready.

Iran announced it was only months away from joining the "nuclear elite", Russia and China have already said no to additional sanctions on Iran, and Israel stated back in December or so that they would "only wait so long for diplomacy".

Seems to me that the hourglass is just about dry. I hope not though. I think the US is in for a real eye-opener.

You would expect Europe to side with US/UK. Actually they are legally binded to in the event of such a situation.
Anyway regardless lets hope we do not get there.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wait a minute here folks...

If I recall correctly, didn't other reports of a Russian vessel docking at a Syrian port surface a while back in an unrelated incident? Why does this time have any bearing on this situation with whether scuds were delivered to Lebanon?

Also, it seems to me scuds were extremely ineffective for Sadam during the Gulf War. Are these upgraded scuds with much better accuracy, or are these pretty much the same fear-inducing rogue missiles that Sadam used more psychologically than militarily?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Also, it seems to me scuds were extremely ineffective for Sadam during the Gulf War. Are these upgraded scuds with much better accuracy, or are these pretty much the same fear-inducing rogue missiles that Sadam used more psychologically than militarily?

Sadam used a heavily modified SCUD version. The Accuracy was horrible and many of them contrary to popular opinion fell apart in midair. Yes many were taken out by the Patriot Missile System which was originally designed as an anti aircraft weapon. Killing a plane is easier than destroying a missiles payload which when the missile is intercepted and destroyed over head the payload still has a nasty habit of falling aimless on a target.

More here

Much of the Patriot's difficulties stemmed from the fact that it was designed as an anti-aircraft weapon, with software modifications giving it an anti-missile capability in the mid-1980s. Its purpose was not to impact its target directly, but to approach close enough to spray it with shrapnel, which was not always sufficient to neutralize incoming Scuds. Also, the modified Iraqi Al-Hussein had a tendency to break up as it re-entered the atmosphere, creating large streams of debris. The Patriot had difficulty distinguishing between the largest pieces, that tended to be the fuselage, warhead and engine compartment.[31]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Israeli officials say Syria gives Hezbollah Scuds

JERUSALEM — Israeli defense officials said Wednesday they believe Hezbollah has Scud missiles that could hit all of Israel, a day after Israel's president accused Syria of supplying the Lebanese guerrillas with the weapons for the first time.

AP

So now it has been officially confirmed, or at least it is very likely. Not good, this could easily lead to war.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well this isn't good news at all. Israel will not sit and wait for one of those Scuds to come flying over. Things could heat up very quickly now. I sense that Israel is feeling threatened on a number of fronts and even the US is taking a slightly stricter line with them. They are going to react HARD - not just a quick "in-and-out" job here.........complete carnage I fear.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I listed that VERY Breaking News - And now White House has lifted its concerns to highest level! I really dont know - but seems to come very scary situation, because Israel is same time doing straight warnings of war towards both - Lebanon and Syria.

Oh my this seems like a titanic battle of wills. This is some real old fashioned gunboat diplomacy here.

So the Russian Military says an attack on Iran is unacceptable and then they send a cruiser to Syria? We've got evacuations of Tehran and the Sinai the "SCUD Crisis"

I'm excited and a little scared. Obama is certainly being tested.

So I guess it remains to been seen if the Israeli's are going to s**t or get off the pot so to speak.

This situation looks like it could escalate very quickly.

I believe this very well might be Obama's Cuban Missile Crisis.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by belial259]

Ancient Jewish prophecy says that Solomon's Temple must be rebuilt a third time before the Messiah can arrive and can sit on His throne on earth as this throne will be in Solomon's Temple. Most Americans are not aware of the fact that Solomon's Temple is in the process of being rebuilt on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem as we speak (www.templeinstitute.org...).

According to the faithful, before the Messiah can sit on His throne in Solomon's Temple, the temple must be rebuilt. According to those from the dark side (Satanists, Luciferians including 33 degree Freemasons, etc.), an army must come out of Syria, invade Jerusalem, and commandeer Solomon's Temple so the Antichrist can sit on his throne and reign along with the false prophet. Charles, the Prince of Wales fits the description (all of it) for the Antichrist, check out the Prince's coat of arms and Revelation). Supposedly, Pope John Paul II is supposed to come back to life (resurrect himself) and reign as the false prophet along side the Antichrist.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
More info on this reuters link (3 pages): af.reuters.com...

"We obviously are increasingly concerned about the sophisticated weaponry that ... is allegedly being transferred," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters. "The alarming effect that this has ... we've expressed our great concern about."

US govt. seems deeply worried about this, and Israel says scuds have been transferred.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nuffsaid747

Does Javier Solana have a relationship with Prince Charles? My opinion is that the next move against Iran will be through the EU.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
in all honesty it sounds like war and a big one, it might be a false alarm and another test of the line, but i dont know its looking wierd and wierd turns scary quick

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Interesting. Three simple paragraphs seems to sum it up.

Obama's conscience must lead on Iran

It was recently reported that hundreds of "bunker-buster" bombs are being shipped from America to the US military base on the island of Diego Garcia and that the US government has signed a contract with a shipping firm to transport 19 ammunition containers to the island. The containers will include 195 smart guided Blu-110 bombs with penetrators and 192 massive 2000-pound Blu-117 bombs. The US already has massive military force in the Gulf and has been carrying out large-scale naval manoeuvers in the Atlantic with the British and French.

On coming into office Obama made a clear break with George Bush's Iran strategy by demonstrating a willingness to engage in direct negotiations with Tehran without preconditions. In his broadcast to Iran and his Cairo speech, he publicly recognised the Ayatollahs as the legitimate representatives of the Iranian people, acknowledged Iran's right to enrich uranium and talked openly about the CIA's role in the overthrow of Mossadegh in 1953. Last October, he held direct talks with the Iranians in Geneva after which the Financial Times noted that President Obama "has got more out of Iran in eight hours than his predecessor's muscular posturing did in eight years".

Obama also inherited a US military machine whose plans for an attack on Iran were already well advanced and he faces a conservative media and a public so unfamiliar with a foreign policy based on patient diplomacy and consensus-building that many equate it to weakness.The latest round of sanctions will involve stringent inspection requirements of all goods entering or leaving Iran and an embargo of refined petroleum products to Iran. The naval blockade required to enforce the sanctions – no doubt involving the Royal Navy – could well take us to the brink of war. As we have seen in the Gulf of Hormuz over recent years, skirmishes with the Iranian navy in the region have a tendency to escalate.

<< 1   >>

join