It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Says U.S. Has Expressed Its Concern To Syria At Highest Level

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

White House Says U.S. Has Expressed Its Concern To Syria At Highest Level

www.alertnet.org

14 Apr 2010 18:25:06 GMT

Source: Reuters
WHITE HOUSE SAYS U.S. HAS EXPRESSED ITS CONCERN TO SYRIA AT HIGHEST LEVEL
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just minutes ago this break out on Reuters alert service without any details.

I just want to make this also to your attention, because only more than a hour ago Russian RIA Novosti reported from its Flag Ship making unscheduled visit in Syria, discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I listed that VERY Breaking News - And now White House has lifted its concerns to highest level! I really dont know - but seems to come very scary situation, because Israel is same time doing straight warnings of war towards both - Lebanon and Syria.

Dont forget evacuation of Sinai yesterday evening!

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Interesting development.

I'm not surprised that Russia would lend support to those nations. They have extremely valuable trade relationships vital to their economy and infrastructure with Iran, Syria and most other Arab nations in the area.

Perhaps this is just a way of signaling to those who are war mongering that they will not stand for it and will protect their interests.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ok - Headline has been changed and detailed information published too - (Do they want to give heart attack for us?)

US: Concerned Syria may be giving Scuds to Hezbollah

14 Apr 2010 18:36:51 GMT

WASHINGTON, April 14 (Reuters) - The White House expressed concern on Wednesday about allegations Syria has transferred long-range Scud missiles to the Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah and said it had raised the issue at the highest level.

"We are obviously increasingly concerned about the sophisticated weaponry that ... is allegedly being transferred," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters. "We have expressed our concerns to those governments."

Gibbs was responding to a question about a Wall Street Journal report, citing Israeli and U.S. officials, saying that that Syria has transferred Scuds to Hezbollah in a move that threatens to alter the Middle East military balance.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I listed that VERY Breaking News - And now White House has lifted its concerns to highest level! I really dont know - but seems to come very scary situation, because Israel is same time doing straight warnings of war towards both - Lebanon and Syria.

Oh my this seems like a titanic battle of wills. This is some real old fashioned gunboat diplomacy here.

So the Russian Military says an attack on Iran is unacceptable and then they send a cruiser to Syria? We've got evacuations of Tehran and the Sinai the "SCUD Crisis"

I'm excited and a little scared. Obama is certainly being tested.

So I guess it remains to been seen if the Israeli's are going to s**t or get off the pot so to speak.

This situation looks like it could escalate very quickly.

I believe this very well might be Obama's Cuban Missile Crisis.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Hmm.

I was under the impression this was about the Nuclear Sub making port, I forgot about the whole scud missile issue.

This is extremely interesting. Over the past few weeks we've seen quite the escalation in rhetoric from the MSM about that area in general.

Things seem to falling into place quite nicely for conflict to erupt.

I certainly hope not.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I almost forgot something.

Did anyone ever work out where those Chinese ships they saw near Japan were going?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's time to move up the hands on the doomsday clock. and that's not just empty words.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yep - Escalation is fast. Also yesterday Israel made some provocations in Lebanon border with its land forces, reported by UN forces - but it was not widely reported.

I think Russia has turned its flag ship to Syria only because it was only available near by, when this situation is blowing to their hands also very quickly.

Sinai evacuation was also alarming - not under estimating all those accuses made by Israli government yesterday and today.

Sure this situation needs close follow up now. Lets just hope its not turning heat and fire to been shot from any sides... But in reality - I have think over a month now - that new war is coming soon and sure it looks like, its coming now.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

The web bot predictions seem to be coming true. Which is kind of scary.

War in summer of 2010, followed by natural disaster after natural disaster, culminating in some sort of nuclear explosion.

I really hope it's wrong, but the more I look into it, the more patterns I see emerging that resemble the web bot reports.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reuters is making this like "minute by minute" developing story!

14 Apr 2010 19:02:59 GMT

U.S. STATE DEPT SAYS ALLEGED TRANSFER OF WEAPONRY FROM SYRIA TO LEBANONS HEZBOLLAH PUTS LEBANON AT SERIOUS RISK

www.alertnet.org...

- Israel is about to strike - Now?

Hell, those guys are playing football over there - more united than ever...

Lebanese political rivals meet on football pitch

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I hope they have used all the needed security measures when they have left the stadium... I mean for their own safety or are they still there together?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
maybe obama shoundt have gone on this nuclear missle dismantle thing so fast
Ever since we ended up with a weak president, china's military has been active, and so have the russian miliary BIG time!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've come to loathe web-bot, but the little bugger seems to be proving its worth. I just wonder how long it will be until computers start doing our thinking for us as well. Given current events, could they really do worse?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I'm not a webot fan but. Things are livening up. The Rhetoric has increased. People and equipment are on the move. Anybody remember what ever happened to those 300+ US bunker busters that were in the news for a week or so?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Anybody remember what ever happened to those 300+ US bunker busters that were in the news for a week or so?

I don't know personally but good catch. Glad that one didn't go down the memory hole.

Then there is Poland and Thailand and Kyrgyzstan. They are certainly moving some pieces on the grand chess board.

There are so many things happening at once.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm not a webot fan but. Things are livening up. The Rhetoric has increased. People and equipment are on the move. Anybody remember what ever happened to those 300+ US bunker busters that were in the news for a week or so?

As far as I know, they were delivered and are just sitting there waiting to be used.

Although I could be wrong.

On a side note, I never really did believe the web bot, I thought it was just clever chatter on the internet, although now I'm looking into it more seriously...

~Keeper

[edit on 4/14/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

could they really do worse?

Off the topic - I live with two teens (11yrs and 12yrs) these days. "Why you ask, just google it!" is their very common attitude and words... World has changed my friend.

Back to topic - But I quess Google cant answer this one, us?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
War is coming and coming soon. The stupid cover stories about earthquakes and kidnapping is just a show for the sheep.

They are getting ready for something and I believe it is full out war not a limited campaign. If I had to guess I would say sometime this summer or spring.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, very many bad signs lately? I have tried to follow that story too - but as my knowledge, nothing new from those - and still placed in Diego Garcia.

Latest update in Reuters:

Lebanon at risk if Syria sent Scuds to Hezbollah-US

14 Apr 2010 19:14:28 GMT

WASHINGTON, April 14 (Reuters) - The alleged transfer of Scud missiles from Syria to Lebanon's Hezbollah, if true, would put Lebanon at significant risk, the U.S. State Department said on Wednesday.

"If such an action has been taken, and we continue to analyze this issue ... clearly it potentially puts Lebanon at significant risk," State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley told reporters.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
I've come to loathe web-bot, but the little bugger seems to be proving its worth. I just wonder how long it will be until computers start doing our thinking for us as well. Given current events, could they really do worse?

They already are using computers linked to humans to try and build a morale computer, its already happening.

They are already building and doing this computer, humans connected to computers so they can destroy the life of that one they hate, but they choose to use it to make a computer with morales. Its probably pure evil what they are doing to this person, and the person has no choice, but to be tortured all his life. Aren't humans great?

Humans and there lack of care or anything for anyone.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join