It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory that aliens are angels/demons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Did you not read what I said? Hell isn't a stronghold for demons according to the bible. It was created as a place of torment for them. If they can come and go from there as they please then god has screwed up on it's design.

Not that I believe any of that anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A born again Christian has never had a close encounter of the third kind.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

People had borrowed stories from the Bible to make their myths and legends.
There are over 16 ancient "non-Christian" sources for Christ. That means He's real.

Damn, that means that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, fairies, elves, unicorns, etc. are real too.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
A born again Christian has never had a close encounter of the third kind.

What would you like to wager on that? I could put you in contact right now with a man who is christian and has been abducted by greys. He calls himself The Flying Fisherman.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

I would agree but will had a few points with quesitons later being at work atm..

but.. excellent thinking.. and will expound later..

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

The book of enoch talks about the angels that fell and how they came down and taught man many things such as astronomy, metalurgy, medicine, agriculture, etc. If that's the case, why would angels know how to do those things?

I'm guessing that this part of the story is an explanation for how human beings harnessed those things. You see that's one of the primary things that myths explain, is how things get the way they are. The same way the tower of Babel story explains how there are so many languages. And how Prometheus gives fire to man.

I don't believe aliens are angels or any of that but I can understand why some people do. After all if God exists he/she/it wouldn't be from Earth originally and by definition would be extraterrestrial and so would the angels.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MinisterFortson

I have to agree with ministerfortson here. The bible itself doesnt give great explanations of angels.

When the writers of the books of the New Testament mentioned messengers – messengers of God or of others – they used the Greek word αγγελος, which often is transliterated into the English alphabet as angelos, whence "angel". That is the etymology (root and origin) of the English word "angel".

The Greek noun Angelos meant "messenger" or "message bearer". The related verb angellô meant to bear a message. Also it should be mentioned that the word malak also was used in the old testament to indicate a type of messenger. Often both words were used to refer to heavenly and earthly messengers of God. The noun archangelos simply meant "chief messenger"

In the New Testament, the Greek word angelos was often used to refer to God's heavenly messengers, however there are also passages that refer to humans as deliverers of messages. Likewise, the word in the Hebrew text of the Old Testament, malak, was used to describe human messengers almost as often as of God's heavenly messengers.

Some bible passages refering to the use of this word are Matthew 11:10, were John the Baptist was called angelos. Also in Luke 7:19-24 were John sends messengers (angelos/angelon) to ask Jesus a question.
2 Corinthians 11:14 uses the word angelon photos to describe how the adversary pretended to be a messenger of light.

The confusion about angels being winged beings arises out of the popular culture built around angels in todays society. The bible itself never describes angels as having wings. They are described as clothed in linen or in white but never with wings. It has been a mesh of the description of the cherubs or keruwbim which were not angels but rather winged beings. They were great in size and so large that according to 2 Samuel that a person could ride on the back of one while it flew. Never were the keruwbim refered to as angelos or angels. In Ezekial, we see there were actually both of these beings. A man in linen as well as the cherubs. Specifically in passages 10:2 and 10:6. So it is modern myth that has created our concept of angels as being winged supernatural spirit beings that fly around helping us and that the demons are somehow their evil counter parts.

As far as the nephilim go, they were the offspring of the fallen ones or so goes the belief. there are many version of who or what they are. Some think they were merely just giants as their size is a definite feature in the book of Numbers. On the issue of pephalims i remember reading somewhere that they were bound in the earth until judgement day but i cannot remember where i read this. It maybe from Enoch,

With regards to Enoch, this is where alot of the description and heirarchy of angels comes from as well as the names of archangels etc. This as well as Dantes vision of heaven and hell has molded our current view of angels and demons. Catholics regard the book as scripture while others do not. Some think the book was falsely attributed to Enoch and is rubbish. At any rate it is a good read and i have read it but a long time ago.

Personally i do not see why the ancients ideas of angels/demons or whatever you want to call them couldnt have been aliens. To a man/woman of those days it is very probable that they would regard any being with advanced technology to be gods or messengers of their god. Almost every culture has something similar in their recorded history so it is very plausable.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
aliens are just Gods little failed side project. Most aliens are pissed that we are the chosen race. More so with this free will thing that we have. again another touchy subject. angels, aliens and demons are all different things. why is that so hard to accept? Hell is a place, but why do people still summon demons on earth? then wonder why their house is haunted. etc etc

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
aliens are just Gods little failed side project. Most aliens are pissed that we are the chosen race.

Lol, that cracked me up. Let's see here, the biblical god created angels and 1/3 rebelled, that's failure. The biblical god created adam and eve and they failed. Then he had to flood the earth to wipe out mankind, which means failure.

Then god created aliens as a side project and they failed too. This biblical god isn't too good at this stuff is he? Lol. Thanks for that.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

aliens are just Gods little failed side project. Most aliens are pissed that we are the chosen race.

Lol, that cracked me up. Let's see here, the biblical god created angels and 1/3 rebelled, that's failure. The biblical god created adam and eve and they failed. Then he had to flood the earth to wipe out mankind, which means failure.

Then god created aliens as a side project and they failed too. This biblical god isn't too good at this stuff is he? Lol. Thanks for that.

eh, thats what you get when you give people freewill. I'm sure theirs are peaceful race of aliens. But many of them are up their own ass. I don't think you understand how important freewill is.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

eh, thats what you get when you give people freewill. I'm sure theirs are peaceful race of aliens. But many of them are up their own ass. I don't think you understand how important freewill is.

Could you explain how you know these other beings don't have free will? Can they not make their own choices and do as they please? If not, how do they come here? I'm not sure you understand what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Could you explain how you know these other beings don't have free will? Can they not make their own choices and do as they please? If not, how do they come here? I'm not sure you understand what you're talking about.

Do you really know what you are talking about? Aliens being the angels of the past.
You are trying to re-write theology and change it to your own idea. What you don't see is the connections of others things that really create the reality to the realm of spirituality.

Well I can deduct that some alien encounters are real. That being said "some alien" implants, abductions etc etc are also real. Ontop of that UFO's are real. What kind of a jerk ass species of alien walk up to earth (un cloaked) just being visible like a douche.
lol. And why do they always abduct people? do they consider our lives, safety, mental health? Obviously not!. That sounds like cold heartless stuff. No emotions at all. Having no heart or feelings of "other specie" i must assume that some aliens think were cattle. that being said if you have no emotions you are a careless monster. This is like you ripping apart a small puppy legs off and not even caring.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Do you really know what you are talking about? Aliens being the angels of the past.

No, I can honestly say I don't know what I'm talking about. That's why I like seeing what other people think. Somethings make a little sense, many things don't. I'm not trying to re-write anything.

And why do they always abduct people? do they consider our lives, safety, mental health? Obviously not!. That sounds like cold heartless stuff. No emotions at all. Having no heart or feelings of "other specie" i must assume that some aliens think were cattle. that being said if you have no emotions you are a careless monster.

We humans abduct other species all the time. We abduct animals, we even abduct other humans.

Maybe if they are so much more advanced than us, they feel that they have the right to abduct us, just like we feel we have the right to abduct animals that are lower than us. When we abduct those animals, does that mean we don't have heart or feelings for other species?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much I believe the whole "aliens are angels and demons" thing, but it's possible that in biblical times they misunderstood aliens to be angels.

Interesting!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

In the bible, some time after the flood, God somehow made it so that the fallen angels could no longer materialize physical bodies the way they had before. (A privilege some of them abused when they got busy with 'the daughters of men').

Yes, it seems to what is fitting to scripture. However, there's not alot, if any, scripture to support this atm. But, chroniloglically, IF some time after the flood, God somehow made it so that the fallen angels could no longer materialize physical bodies the way they had before would be out of snyc to what I understand about the war in heaven which is ..

1). Rebellion in Heaven, Satan is cast down along with 1/3 of all the angels, leaving 2/3 under the command of the Almighty and never will turn against Him again. There's no scripture that I know of that denotes what powers were stripped, if any, when they were cast down and IF they had any physical bodies.

As far as we know, ALL angels were stripped of any physical 'bodies' (deformed from war) after the war in heaven (earth), otherwise, they would be walking around or materializing and de-materializing at will.

2). Noah comes on the sceen, AFTER the war and there's this 'push' to gentically create human hybrids by the 'sons of God' which, in my mind has NEVER been accurately described who they were or still 'are'.

This means that ANY demons exsisting will be UNABLE to procreate because of the war in heaven and were cast down & (assuming) stripping any power(s) they had and physical body they may have had; OTHERWISE, the war in heaven would have to happen AFTER Noah..

3). So, in my mind the 'sons of god' are NOT and can not be demons nor angels since God would have seen this happening a millinea before it happened and would have stopped it long before they had a chance to perform it.

I have always wondered if this was done by removing their access to some kind of "technology", or device. Something that existed partly in the 'spirit realm' and physically on Earth at the same time, like a portal or "stargate".

I just think that the God spoke it out of exsitance, just as he did when he spoke our galaxy into exsistance.

As per scripture and many other schools of belief, these "fallen ones" can still have an effect on the physical plane, though it seems sporadic and not entirely useful for anything but scaring people (like poltergeists). They are also said to be able to 'possess' people and animals.

Agreed, and these 'fallen ones' are just demons doing the bidding of satan or just acting alone with no allegence to satan at all.

In my theory, these techniques take tremendous amounts of concentration and energy for them, but when combined just right, the first steps toward circumventing whatever it was that god did to keep them from having physical bodies were taken.

Intresting concept and hadn't thought of this. The only thing I can add would be, why would God need a stargate instead of speaking their bodies OUT of existance(just specualating)

I know this sounds like far-fetched sci-fi, but the "Grays" resemble human fetuses to me. Perhaps through possession and incubus/succubus activity, they were able to meddle with the DNA of kidnapped (or sacrificed?) human fetuses using alchemical secrets to make "avatars" for themselves.

what I'm woundering is if these 'sons of god' are actually visitors from a galaxy, as multiple ATS threads are bounding with along with hundreds of tv documentories about civilizations being here on earth LONG before egyptians were here, and other civilizations that we know about today, one being the Annuaki

I'm leaning toward the concept that a pre-existing civilization was on earth before Adam & Even were created, which supports scripture stating "RE-plensh the earth" but, i'm not so sure if was the Annuaki, I thinking it was another race from another galaxy.

my conclusion: I believe that there is life on other planets, and there is A(one) paralle universe out there in which God created at, near or before Earth was created. However, those species were of much much higher intellect. They also fell from grace from disobeying God and suffered but retained all of their knowledge just as Adam & Eve did (assumed) and found away to explore the universe(s) and either bumped into our planet or specifically loacated it.

THE GREYS: In the UFO hunters tv show, a woman that was 'abducted' but not a "true" abduction since it was more of a coherced invitation to see who they were, said the greys are more or less avatars or servants to the race they belonged to and the had white hair and fair skin..

and it was this race that found our planet but crashed in the Roswell desert and are now looking for their fallen commrads..

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Aliens are mostly human hybrids produced by the Fallen Angels/Messengers...
...aka Watchers...
...and it seems although spirits they can also appear as men or women.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

To many assumptions that no one knows the answer to.

First, we shouldn't assume a spiritual being couldn't influence the physical world. We know nothing about the spiritual world or how it works or why it works or if it exists at all.

It's therefore foolish to assume that spiritual beings either couldn't build a ship or wouldn't require one. But would it be built in a factory? I don't know. I never seen one built.

But even if they could manifest a ship why would we assume they can manifest anything at all including a God? Maybe they can only manifest ships? Maybe there are no ships and they can't manifest anything. Consider this.

I want to point out a trick to you that TV stations do that most people never catch or realize. If you'll notice almost all the UFO footage that shows an ACTUAL SHIP gets debunked and proven as fake. Most UFO footage that has not been debunked and is considered real usually does NOT show a ship like most people assume it does.

What happens is the UFO shows on TV will spend twice as long showing you a highly detailed close up 3D computer generated rendering that looks completely AWESOME of what they WANT you THINK the ship looks like. But it's NOT REAL! Even though it looks awesome though, That's NOT what the ship looks like. That's a computer graphic that was made up by some graphics artist.

When they actually show you the footage you'll notice it looks NOTHING like the 3D computer generated image. In fact most of the time what you'll see is a shaky out of focus camera with NO SHIP on it but just LIGHTS in the sky.

Lights in the sky are much different than a physical SHIP. But we all think it's a ship because that's what everyone told us it was and we assume there has to be something up in the sky making the light. But that's not necessarily the case. Maybe there isn't anything up there BUT the light.

But someone is trying very hard to make us believe we saw something we didn't. Almost always all you see is a LIGHT and not a physical object and if you do see a physical object the footage is almost always debunked as fake in a day or two or is probably some kind of commercial or military aircraft.

But rarely when looking at real UFO footage have I actually seen a SHIP. You just see out of focus lights in the sky. Therefore they may not be physical at all.

Also, some people say they saw a UFO crash in Roswell and dead alien bodies, but even though it makes for a nice story. There's just no proof. So we don't know if these things are physical or not and if they were how do we know it wasn't disinfo? Maybe it's to make us believe in aliens when they aren't real for some reason.

Also, some scientists have recreated alien abductions by applying magnetic fields to the skulls of people while they slept causing sleep paralysis and the fear of being watched or abducted by grays. In other words, they believe that alien abductions are all in the mind and aren't real.

But perhaps they are real, but they're being caused by spiritual beings making us hallucinate and not something from the physical world.

After all, aliens seem to be more spiritual than physical to me. They can walk through walls and teleport and hover and stop time and there's no proof there's a ship at all.

They abduct people in a way that makes them very afraid and torture them by doing experiments on them while they're awake, but we know they have the ability to sedate people. Sometimes they sedate people to put implants in them so they don't know where the implant is, but then they don't seem to care if you're afraid or in pain. They just don't want you to know where the implant is? Sounds more demon like to me.

Also they can implant things into you without leaving a mark? Like they went right through you? Sure it could be an alien, but sounds very much like it could be a ghost/demon too.

Especially now that we know these experiences of abduction can be almost entirely recreated by applying magnetic fields to certain parts of the brain. It would lead me to believe these things aren't physicaly happening at all. That something spiritual or something unseen is screwing with our heads somehow instead.

But then again aliens could be physical beings from another planet too. But even though they're not demons and they're from another planet. It doesn't matter. They're still evil just like a demon. They abduct people, torture people, assault people, assault livestock, mutilate live stock. Their behavior is just not acceptable alien or not.

Also, why would angel's need to know math, astronomy, physics? Don't know. You'd have to ask them. Otherwise there is no answer to that question.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by tinfoilman]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
After all, aliens seem to be more spiritual than physical to me. They can walk through walls and teleport and hover and stop time and there's no proof there's a ship at all.

Just because they can do those things, it doesn't make them some kind of spiritual beings. They could be using technology that we just don't understand yet. Could you imagine a person who lived just 500 years ago coming to our time? This person would see man flying, people talking to each other across the world, watching moving pictures in a box, clapping their hands to make lights come on, etc. These are things that someone 500 years ago would never have thought possible, so imagine what beings who are thousands of years ahead of us could do.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wow, i'm surprised at the general level of acceptance of this topic. IMHO aliens are "spirits" ... ethereal entities i guess would be accurate.

2 websites that i was reading this morning cover this topic very well:

Are Aliens Real?

and:

UFO's - what's really behind this phenomenon?

From the first, a quote from Dr Vallée in his paper,”Five Arguments Against the Extraterrestrial Origin of Unidentified Flying Objects”, Journal of Scientific Exploration, 1990:

1. unexplained close encounters are far more numerous than required for any physical survey of the earth;
2. the humanoid body structure of the alleged “aliens” is not likely to have originated on another planet and is not biologically adapted to space travel;
3. the reported behavior in thousands of abduction reports contradicts the hypothesis of genetic or scientific experimentation on humans by an advanced race;
4. the extension of the phenomenon throughout recorded human history demonstrates that UFOs are not a contemporary phenomenon; and
5. the apparent ability of UFOs to manipulate space and time suggests radically different and richer alternatives.

I'd like to add a quote from Terrence McKenna, who had many and varied insights:

“We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us.”

Key word there is disguise.

Few personal points i'd like to add:

1. do aliens take people TO or AWAY from God (or creator/whatever)?
2. do aliens bring the promised light and love etc, or do they bring confusion, fear, etc?
3. the typical demonic manefestations: objects moving, marks on the body, unexplained time loss, unexplained manifestations and memories all appear remarkably consistant with what we know of alien contact
4. There are too many reports of "sightings" for there to be nothing. However, sightings (for ethereal entities) would be a rather easy parlour trick.
5. Even "abuctions", while the person would believe them real, could be similar to many types of "religious" visions, experiences etc. Add a small wound to the back of the neck, and instead of these entities creating ships and medical procedures etc, they would just create the belief that these thing existed. All inference.

From my perspective, while little of this can be proven one way or another, IF you accept the dual universe, above and below, and accept that all "wierdnesses" are from "above", and that above is divided into angels and demons, then you are left with the conclusion that aliens are demons. It's telling that more people believe in aliens than demons.

I think the only biblical note worth including in this argument is very simple:

By their fruits shall you know them.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinisterFortson

Furthermore, the Bible speaks of angels having "merkabahs" which is a Hebrew word that means "vehicle" but was translated to fit the knowledge at the time... There is much more to this than meets the eye... much more than can be answered in a single thread.

Thanks for your input. What you say would suggest that these beings are flesh, and could possibly be mortally wounded. It would also seem to me that these beings could be "aliens" as well.

It's pretty amazing that most of the ancient religions talked about beings who came from above and descended down to earth. If they are coming from above, that would suggest that they come from somewhere in space, not a spiritual realm. If they come from somewhere in space, maybe they come from another planet via a wormhole or some other technology we don't know about.

Again, thanks for your input.

All I can speak on is that the Bible makes it clear that these are created beings in the service of God and not anything else. Anyone that says the Bible doesn't say that is leading you astray. You're free to believe what you want, but as far as the Bible is concerned these beings are at war with God and the human race.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join