It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory that aliens are angels/demons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
For those who buy the theory that angels/demons are what we call "aliens", I have a few questions.

Aren't angels/demons spirit beings? If so, how do they build their flying machines? How can they touch the material to build these machines if they themselves are intangible beings? Do they have factories where they build these machines?

If they don't build them, but manifest them instead, do they have the kind of power to create things like the biblical god? If so, aren't they gods themselves and not really "messengers" as the bible says?

The book of enoch talks about the angels that fell and how they came down and taught man many things such as astronomy, metalurgy, medicine, agriculture, etc. If that's the case, why would angels know how to do those things? Did they practice those skills in heaven? If so, why would they need to know about astronomy, agriculture, math, medicine, metalurgy, etc. in heaven? What would be the need?

If they are tangible beings, which seems to be the case since they can be killed such as in ufo crashes, doesn't that mean that they aren't spirit beings? And if they can be killed, doesn't that rule out them being angels/demons as in the biblical sense?

Now, what if these angels/demons that the biblical people saw were actually ALIENS, and not the other way around?

It reminds of the true story where modern man was air dropping corned-beef from an airplane to a tribe that had no contact with the outside world. The men decided to meet these people and upon arrival to the village they found a statue that looked similar to the airplane. They found out later that the tribal people thought that the airplane was a god because it was feeding them. Maybe something similar happened in ancient times....

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think its possible. I read a book of fairies that gave some good theories. Fairies are elementals, and when someone sees them with their own eyes it means that they have manifested themselves into this realm, but only briefly. There were also elves, gnomes, brownies and the infamous leperchaun. The elves ranged from 10 inches to 4 feet and all green. Hmm?

They also progressed in technology slower, the same pace or faster. A man claimed to get his invention (cant remember it) from a gnome back in the 1700s. So yes, if they do exist in the spirit realm and everything is based on thought like they say, I definetly see a possibility.

I however definetly dont like this idea, and would rather know that other physical intelligent beings exist out there.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Aliens that come from other star systems and planets are NOT angels.

Angels are light beings. Everyone has guardian angels. Different angels for different stages in your life.

Though many of the entities that reside elsewhere in the universe, are far more spiritually evolved than earth humans.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It never fails to amaze me how a work of plagiarism like the bible with its borrowed stories of older myths and legends, has folks fearing all kinds of bogeymen. Adults acting just like silly children. Everything different than them in ANY way whatsoever is a demon, Antichrist or Satan. Their real bogeyman of evil is in their mirror.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A theory of mine touches on some of your questions.

In the bible, some time after the flood, god somehow made it so that the fallen angels could no longer materialize physical bodies the way they had before. (A privilege some of them abused when they got busy with 'the daughters of men').

I have always wondered if this was done by removing their access to some kind of "technology", or device. Something that existed partly in the 'spirit realm' and physically on Earth at the same time, like a portal or "stargate".

As per scripture and many other schools of belief, these "fallen ones" can still have an effect on the physical plane, though it seems sporadic and not entirely useful for anything but scaring people (like poltergeists). They are also said to be able to 'possess' people and animals.

In my theory, these techniques take tremendous amounts of concentration and energy for them, but when combined just right, the first steps toward circumventing whatever it was that god did to keep them from having physical bodies were taken.

I know this sounds like far-fetched sci-fi, but the "Grays" resemble human fetuses to me. Perhaps through possession and incubus/succubus activity, they were able to meddle with the DNA of kidnapped (or sacrificed?) human fetuses using alchemical secrets to make "avatars" for themselves.

Maybe they started with just a few, but immediately went to work underground to create a secret but short iron-age, MacGyvering simple machines that would help them create new machines to eventually produce a cloning facility, creating mutant vessels from found fauna & flora - for the sake of furthering their agenda. Which must've included building spaceships too.

The reason they know how to do all of this and the things you mentioned might be because they helped design the system.

Your mention of the "cargo-cults" is very relevant to my theory as well. We are very limited as to what parts of the universe our senses and consciousnesses can comprehend. Anything from outside of our world is thought of as godlike or demonic. We want it to be black or white, or good or evil. Even though our own minds can comprehend a (limited) band in between, the true spectrum of what lies outside this realm of friction and gravity is truly beyond comprehension.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think Teratoma is pretty spot-on. My theory is that the 'nephilim' ('fallen ones') were angels that took human form to instruct man now that he had to work for a living (having been kicked out of Eden). some of these entities were overcome by their lust and took women and had superior children (mighty men of old, giants in the earth).
separately, most Christians believe in the existence of demons, which can take human form (as can angels). in the course of their war on God they try to deceive, frighten and mislead the children of man (as somebody said, satan doesn't care what you believe, as long as it's not God). I'm not aware of any Biblical account of demons creating machines etc but I've no doubt they can (there's a 'flying wheel' mentioned in Ezekiel, apparently run by angels).
John Keel hit close to this in his classic 'Mothman Prophecies', pointing out how european folklore has accounts of 'fairy folk' etc that harass human beings ('the krewe that never rest'). he attributed this to some sort of interdimensional beings (if that doesn't describe a demon...)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

The point is NOT that aliens are angels/demons..

The point is that since life was created by God/heavenly beings once (on earth), that life could be created again somewhere else. The theory is that demons/satan found a way to create life and created alien races across the universe.

Not that I support this theory, but it's a decent explanation from a catholic journal.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
one more point; almost every mythology suggests mankind once lived in a sort of paradise, lost it, and had to be instructed by 'gods' (Oannes, Kukulkan).
and there are numerous flood myths (Chinese, Sumerian, even the Navajo!)

ps; the book of Enoch is not accepted as Scripture by protestants.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by works4dhs]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPsychoSexy
]

The point is that since life was created by God/heavenly beings once (on earth), that life could be created again somewhere else. The theory is that demons/satan found a way to create life and created alien races across the universe.

Not that I support this theory, but it's a decent explanation from a catholic journal.

So Satan created life that is much more advanced than what the biblical god created? And are these beings sinless? This seems more like advanced beings using technology to do things instead of supernatural means.

And when people talk about the spiritual realm, could it be just another dimension in which beings in that dimension are just as physical as they are in our dimension? Therefore they could be killed in their dimension as well as ours when they manifest here. (Like the aliens that die in ufo crashes) And when they manifest in our dimension, they use technology to do so instead of supernatural abilities. Again this would show that they aren't "gods" or "angels", just advanced beings which were given those names because the ancient people didn't understand it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In todays world where the majority of smart individuals would take the word of a scientist over A preacher/Al gore.

The only possiblility, if god was found is that he is an Alien/interdimensional being. He could not fit into any other category in science.

The same would go for Angels and Demons. and Jinn.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

My point is that WHOEVER they are, we can't seem to comprehend them as anything but gods, fallen angels, demons, jinn, gnomes, or more recently 'aliens'. Your theory is ALSO valid, but is a separate one.

Things that led me to this theory (which I've never claimed to actually believe, by the way; I hope I'm wrong.) Include some abductee reports stating that the EBEs (Extraterrestrial Biological Entities - Grays) move awkwardly, almost robotically. This may suggest that they are being controlled remotely.

To elaborate, if my theory is true, they use the same technique to move around as a Gray as they do to 'possess' another living being; only the EBE is genetically designed to be easier for them to control (the large head may be to accommodate telepathic/telekinetic abilities; the small, skinny body easier to maneuver if they have to run) AND it has no resident consciousness to resist and fight for control of the body.

Hydroman:

Very valid points. The beings in my theory could simply be from any number of "realms", or perhaps they are here in the same physical plane as us, just on the other side of the universe, and 'physically' visiting us via direct travel is and always will be impossible, but they have found a way to visit remotely?

At some point we know that dogma was released into the mix; and humanity was told never to trust anything not of this Earth; that no matter what some entity might tell you, it didn't have your best interest in mind, so don't trust it.

Was that just a blanket statement, to avoid any cooperation between the ones who are supposed to be here (man) and the ones who aren't (boogieman)?

If a man lives with his child in the middle of nowhere, he says don't answer the door for anyone when he's not there. Not everyone who might drop by is evil, but to be safe, he only gives her the info she needs.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Time travelers. I suppose you could call them "aliens," with them being from other times, rather than other places.

I find it hard to imagine a race of superior beings similar in appearance to humans being at all interested in humanity, unless they were related in some way. Not supernatural beings, but regular homo sapiens.

And since Easter wasn't long ago, consider the strange people seen at Jesus's tomb. Some gospels call them "angels," but mostly they're referred to as "men," wearing nice, shiny uniforms. The Gospel of Peter mentions three. Two who appear out of the sky, and carry Jesus's body back to wherever they came from. The third remains at the tomb and interacts with Mary Magdalene, telling her the tomb is empty, and showing her the empty niche in the wall where he was.

How often has it been asked if you were a time traveler where would you go, and the answer was to see the Resurrection of Jesus? Well, maybe somebody will eventually figure out how to do it.

Will time travelers bringing Jesus back from the past constitute his "second coming?"

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I think its more in reference to the FALLEN 1/3 OF HEAVENS ANGELS who left the PERFECTION TO follow the ungrateful 1. When they fell some are believed to be existing within this universe or another dimension MATERIALIZED. The need to build traveling devices out of numerous elements through out the universe or (dimensions longer distance travelers) is a sign of the IMPERFECTION for why as you OP stated would any CREATOR BOUND creature need such a imperfect way to travel.

As far as them needing craft to travel those would be the materialized FALLEN ONES possibly located in various locations within this little universe (and far distant universe some call alter dimensions) the non materialized are still BONDED WITHIN THE ABYSS. The angels would be the kind who are still part of the original LIGHT REALM and dont need CRAFT FOR TRAVEL ALL THEY GOTTA DO IS COME HERE INCARNATE HERE RESSURECT HERE BE BORN HERE...

Hope that helps a little

[edit on 4/13/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wow... All of these replies about what's in the Bible and barely any of it seems to be actually in the Bible... Here are the FACTS about angels according to the Bible...

1) The Bible NEVER says angels are spirits of light or intangible. In fact is says quite the opposite.

2) People assume fallen angels and demons are the same thing, but they don't seem to be. Demons possess people and angels can materialize.

3) The Bible NEVER says the fallen angels lost any of their powers.

4) The Bible is full of examples that show that angels can and do interact with mankind.

Jacob wrestled with an angel.
Angels ate with Abraham.
The men of Sodom wanted to rape the angels.

If they were simply spirits none of that could have happened.

5) Most importantly in Matthew 24 Jesus says that the last days will be like the time of Noah. One thing sticks out in Noah's time other than the flood.

The "sons of God" took (abducted) any women they wanted. They created hybrids called the Nephilim.

Feel free to compare that with any Close Encounter of The Fourth kind that you want.

Furthermore, the Bible speaks of angels having "merkabahs" which is a Hebrew word that means "vehicle" but was translated to fit the knowledge at the time... There is much more to this than meets the eye... much more than can be answered in a single thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinisterFortson

Furthermore, the Bible speaks of angels having "merkabahs" which is a Hebrew word that means "vehicle" but was translated to fit the knowledge at the time... There is much more to this than meets the eye... much more than can be answered in a single thread.

Thanks for your input. What you say would suggest that these beings are flesh, and could possibly be mortally wounded. It would also seem to me that these beings could be "aliens" as well.

It's pretty amazing that most of the ancient religions talked about beings who came from above and descended down to earth. If they are coming from above, that would suggest that they come from somewhere in space, not a spiritual realm. If they come from somewhere in space, maybe they come from another planet via a wormhole or some other technology we don't know about.

Again, thanks for your input.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Angels and demons are ET's. But lets ask this question, what is ET's? If we can confirm that angels comes from heaven and demons come from hell these two planes of existence are different dimensions from our own. So that answers that question .. If you believe in other dimensions and the ideas of conscious beings coming to the planet earth from a different dimension other than our own then yes!!! ANgels/demons are aliens. But then we have the "other" aliens who purpose are very well unknown to us. such as grays, reptilian etc etc. For the most part if you believe in Ghost then you can believe in angels/demons. Why? because it's invisible. it's on a different plane/dimension.

I would like to further add that some of the things in the bible could be misinterpreted, so maybe some are aliens. But I would like to ask the question what is beyond space?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPsychoSexy
reply to post by Teratoma

If that's from a catholic journal than perhaps they know something we don't. I figure this much about 3rd dimension (our dimension) aliens. That they were created to worship God and being an alien with 2500btu (aka HIGH IQ) they become prideful of technology and worshipped themselves. (EGO) That's why I'm not a fan of aliens and more of a fan of humans to say the least. I honestly think we our the only thing in this universe that worships God. This is his favoirite place in the universe . Earth, If it was to be a normal hum drum planet then we would of found life on other planets a long time ago. We are not build for space.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
If we can confirm that angels comes from heaven and demons come from hell these two planes of existence are different dimensions from our own.

I seriously doubt that demons come from hell. How could they escape it? Hell was created to punish the demons wasn't it? So, if that's true, then it wouldn't be much of a place of punishment if they can come and go from there as they please.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Jordan River
If we can confirm that angels comes from heaven and demons come from hell these two planes of existence are different dimensions from our own.

I seriously doubt that demons come from hell. How could they escape it? Hell was created to punish the demons wasn't it? So, if that's true, then it wouldn't be much of a place of punishment if they can come and go from there as they please.

Just check out Exorcisms. Hell is far closer to Earth than heaven. Why do you think we have so much pain brother?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
It never fails to amaze me how a work of plagiarism like the bible with its borrowed stories of older myths and legends, has folks fearing all kinds of bogeymen. Adults acting just like silly children. Everything different than them in ANY way whatsoever is a demon, Antichrist or Satan. Their real bogeyman of evil is in their mirror.

People had borrowed stories from the Bible to make their myths and legends.
There are over 16 ancient "non-Christian" sources for Christ. That means He's real.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join