It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Pushes RFID Microchipping As Inevitable Future Trend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
CNN Looking into the "future" where RFID implants are common or mandatory.

What do our members think of this latest PR campaign to get the public comfortable with these types of tracking devices? I will say up front that I will NEVER be implanted...unless they sedate me first.

Another things that gets to me about these types of programming...they are basically 30 second to 5 minute commercials for whatever "product" they are focusing, never any discussion of the drawbacks or possible risks to such a system.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Big push on this at the moment. Here's another clip about chipping airport workers.

eclipptv.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The Government is going to try and make it mandatory for the sake of "national security" and "immigration". I am warning everyone I know close to me to never ever voluntarily receive one of those awful devices.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I, nor any member of my family will EVER receive one! The only injectible likely to happen if they try is of the hot lead variety right into their head! If they manage to sedate me and implant me, I will cut it out with a steak knife!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
The Government is going to try and make it mandatory for the sake of "national security" and "immigration".

I agree with you here. I think first they have to take the idea "mainstream" and paint those who refuse as cavemen, rednecks, or dangerous radicals.

Similar to how they paint those with the gall to question government control over their lives, or those who don't want their family's naked bodies "examined" by some nut job from the TSA.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
RFID is being linked to an increase in cancererous tumors. I doubt this information will stop the use of these chips, but all the same I will NOT be getting chipped. I'm not a hugely religious person, but why take the risk if this is "the mark". There are too many drawbacks and not enough useful purposes, especially security or lack there of. This is just another case of corporations and governments trying to fix a small problem and just making the problem worse. Business as usual. Here are a couple links to research the cancer induced RFID. I couldn't find anything more current, so feel free to update them if you can find something more recent or conclusive.

www.dailytech.com...
www.wireless-weblog.com...

On a side note I find it interesting that scientists say "it's a huge leap" to say that cancer in mice will lead to cancer in humans. Why do we even test on mice if the results cannot be applied to humans? If there are any science and technology buffs out there who would be interested in starting a thread on that topic or explain that science to me I would greatly appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The fed, in cooperation with private business, can already:

Track your location
Listen to you remotely
Take pictures of you remotely
Follow your contacts and eavesdrop on your conversations

... as long as you own, operate, and carry a cell phone.

Nobody complains about that, though.. why are the RFIDs such a big deal, then?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

The main difference is that a cell phone serves a useful purpose and we CHOOSE to have it or not.

Watch the OP video - the whole thing is so impractical it's ridiculous. The only info it contains is an identifying number. The hospital still needs equipment to read the RFID - does every hospital have this technology? How much will that cost? Then the doctor uses that ID to look me up in a giant medical database. Well, if such a giant medical database exists, why not just make it so that they can look me up by, geez, I don't know, my driver's license information? My social security number? Heck they could just issue medical cards with some new account number that identifies me if they want. But why bother? People already carry plenty of different pieces of identifying info. But no, they want to implant chips in us?

This medical database could be something useful, but seriously, implantable chips?

Even if you ignore the potential for abuse and misuse; even if you ignore the potential for unhealthy side effects; the fact that they are so impractical, unnecessary, and not cost efficient should raise warning flags somewhere.

And seriously, implantable chips? Just, why?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I agree with you. I'm lucky (I guess) that I left my iPhone out in a downpour two years ago and the camera hasn't worked since.

top topics

join