It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Show..Well..I cant Listen anymore!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I really dont know WHERE to post this..the mods seem to have it out for me lately..well not ALL of them

Anyway..ok..this is it...bare with me..

Im a graphic designer..and I work mostly with photoshop..not important..but I tend to work for hours on my pc..and so I like to listen to SOMETHING..while Im working..

I sometimes go to the ALex Jones show..which I did..a couple days ago when this happened..
I work..and listen..nothing big..BUT this time..alex got offline and Jason came on...
About a half an hour into Jason's shcpeil..i started getting ill..physically ill.

I felt the worst despair ive ever felt...my energy was GONE...almost within just a half hour..i felt like I was DYING!
Seriously...I literally had to go lay down...I turned off my photoshop..and my computer and went and lay down.

Ive never felt so...how can I even describe it..thinking about it right now..makes me ill!!!
Its like No life..no hope..no color...its DEAD...Im now afraid to EVER listen to Alex Jones again..

What I want to know..am I crazy!!! or has any one felt this!!

Just FYI..NO..im not a freak who believes anything anyone tells them..im usually always happy..and NO alex jones does NOT effect me..well hasnt..lol

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
sorry..i have to run...but I wanted to ask this before I forgot about the details!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Wow, what show was it? I am curious to hear it. Ive had a few of moments of realization that impacted me physically, but they always tend to fade.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Alex jones is a waste of time listening too, especially every day, just do not listen. I listen to him once a month, thats all i do.

The geezer has no critical thinking skills from what my understanding.

Money makes the world go round.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It sounds like you were drained energetically- and this can happen for a variety of reasons, I am a massage therapist and energy worker and experience this quit alot. While Im not defending Alex Jones by anymeans, I am simply offering an alternative suggestion for what might of happened.

1. The dreaded 3pm crash
2. You are empathic and were drained from what you were listening too
3. A spirit (ghost) literally took your energy from you

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Wow, what show was it? I am curious to hear it. Ive had a few of moments of realization that impacted me physically, but they always tend to fade.

Well..it was 2 days ago..i listen on Winamp..but it WASNT alex..it was Jason ...Alex..got off 15 mins into listening..and it was..well..hell..all the stuff thats going on in the world..lol

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Alex Jones is a puff. This guy is the biggest drama queen I have ever seen. Totally over dramatic, way too paranoid, and does nothing but make meaningless documentaries that have no effect on anything he speaks against. I think walking into an open knife would be more productive than listening to this guy.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
It sounds like you were drained energetically- and this can happen for a variety of reasons, I am a massage therapist and energy worker and experience this quit alot. While Im not defending Alex Jones by anymeans, I am simply offering an alternative suggestion for what might of happened.

1. The dreaded 3pm crash
2. You are empathic and were drained from what you were listening too
3. A spirit (ghost) literally took your energy from you

Well..i never thought of that..empath? I mean..could be..It's usually with nature and animals , though..Im not much of a human fan..lol

If there was a ghost that took my energy..well then they need to step up!..not making fun..just saying..thats MINE!

And well..the 3 pm crash could have been..but my god..I literally felt like I was dying..so bad..i turned off m;y pc and lay down in bed...I was fine before then..it felt like the life was sucked out of me!

Not to blame jason..but man..he never shuts up either..doesnt let anyone get a word in!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by seangkt
Alex Jones is a puff. This guy is the biggest drama queen I have ever seen. Totally over dramatic, way too paranoid, and does nothing but make meaningless documentaries that have no effect on anything he speaks against. I think walking into an open knife would be more productive than listening to this guy.

I have to agree..he DOES over dramatize things..but he has good points..i must say!!!

but HE never bothered me..it was Jason.his guest host..maybe..is that what you call it...ALex..welll..he says things to make you think..

and I dont listen to him..but maybe once a week..catch up on his drama..lol

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I personally was into the whole conspiracy thing but quickly realized it's mostly crap. Paranoid guys, with way too much time on their hands, look for a group of events or coincidences and mold them into some clever story claiming we are being screwed over in every way but the sad truth is people don't want to accept the fact that s**t does actually happen and that with time things such as taxes or other laws will change for the better or for the worse. They also like to insinuate that government or major corporation employees are stealing from the world but another sad truth is that you can go to your local grocery store and there is almost guaranteed to be some sort of corruption taking place amongst the employees.

All Alex Jones does is yell in a microphone about things that he nor anybody else will do anything about.
That and constantly keeps the government officials in hysterical laughter until the point where it becomes an annoyance.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

That's the Jason Bermas Show, it comes on for 2 or 3 hours on Sundays. It used to be on ever weeknight at 10 I think, but not any more...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I recommend giving Jeff Rense a try. He covers alternative topics and without all loudness.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I wonder if perhaps stress has built up in your subconscious about the state of the world and at that moment the 'straw broke the camel's back'.

A few months ago I had to just stop listening to Alex Jones on a daily basis and I went almost 4 years of daily listening. It just got too repetitive and negative.

Now I keep up on things on his websites and everything but... yeah.

Stay strong lovely and just remember, no matter what happens... it'll all be alright in the end.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by muggl3z]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
ahh yes the physical reaction ...

funny ..myself ..I suffer from diarreah when I hear Glen Beck .. Hannity causes me projectile vomiting and I'm embarassed to say ..ONE viewing of O'Reilly gives me a good week of erectile dysfunction ...

could the maladies of each of these "pundits" somehow be projected on to me so that I suffer what they actually do in life ... hmmmm .. I knew there was more to this digital TV thing than meets the eye...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'd much rather listen to Peter Joseph and Jacques Fresco on a daily basis.

Stress leads to health problems. It's simple fact. Especially introverted, or the kind that's hard to accept. And the more stress they can put into these shows (they think), the better. I would disagree.

I too used to listen to Alex's show all the time, and it wasn't hard to quit listening and listen to something else when Bermes (Mr. Loose Change) started coming on. He seems too rehearsed and fake any more...I'm sure it's from taking Alex's gate and snide way of putting things (but without the experience needed to counter it later on).

Truth is, Alex, IMO, is simply adding to the confusion with practically every word. To the point that if you listen too long, you become a different person.
They simply have no idea how to deliver their findings in such a way as to not repel just about every listener they have at one time or another.

The only point I get when listening to their show anymore is that they are mad...at "them" and "us"...and probably themselves on a certain level for using the downfall of America to better themselves financially...when everything they talk about has that same premise. A sort of forced, subconscious hypocrisy, if you will.

It simply becomes a stress that we can do without, IMO. I know how bad it is, but I don't have to - in fact, I am unable to dwell on it and remain sane, understanding and reassuring.

Is it just me, or do they seem to be becoming the very provocateurs and fear-mongers they are trying to call attention to? Probably just me.

Again, anymore, I'd rather point people to Peter Joseph and Jacques Fresco. Far less stress, far more logic, and an optimistic (albeit highly ambitious) solution to boot.

On a more medical note: Try some Eckhart Tolle, Deepok Chopra and Jiddu Krishnamurti every now and then to help counteract that sense of negativity that Alex and friends seem so adamant to instill.

It also helps to call family members (or people you respect) and just talk about nothing...thus get out of your own head every now and then.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hmmm..

I am a listener of Alex ... I will say that ... I listen with a discerning ear ...

Jones RARELY names names ... the enemy is always the vague .. "offshore bankers"... that's ONE beef ..

also .. many times I think about how much he relies on FEAR.. always the low, foreboding voice when promoting anything ... they are coming to get you etc etc ... unfortunately ..there is a lot of truth in there but ..there is also one MAIN observation that I keep in the back of my mind ...

I have my own evidence that our true nature is spirit... we are ETERNAL beings .... and these bodies are temporary .. (descriptions of my evidence would require another post
) so I remember sometimes that anything that promotes fear is actually leading us away from our true reality..

listening to Noory last night .. Jay Weidner was on,,, promoting a new video on near death experiences www.sacredmysteries.com... and he said something before I drifted off again along the lines of "fear is a THE major mechanism of control ..and if people knew what they ACTUALLY were .. which is an eternal and invulnerable spirit.. the "powers that be" would have a hard time steering us in the direction they want" ..(paraphrased)

and I thought of Alex Jones ..and the split between body and spirit ... and

maybe that split is what is making the OP sick ...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Some great posts, TY..

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's the Jason Bermas Show, it comes on for 2 or 3 hours on Sundays. It used to be on ever weeknight at 10 I think, but not any more...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

Yes, that is him, Jason Bermas.

Originally posted by muggl3z

I wonder if perhaps stress has built up in your subconscious about the state of the world and at that moment the 'straw broke the camel's back'.

A few months ago I had to just stop listening to Alex Jones on a daily basis and I went almost 4 years of daily listening. It just got too repetitive and negative.

Now I keep up on things on his websites and everything but... yeah.

Stay strong lovely and just remember, no matter what happens... it'll all be alright in the end.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by muggl3z]

Ty, I do believe you are right, just all the negativity. although it really never bothered me before, guess you could be right, broke the camel's back and my sanity..lol

Originally posted by sayiamu
ahh yes the physical reaction ...

funny ..myself ..I suffer from diarreah when I hear Glen Beck .. Hannity causes me projectile vomiting and I'm embarassed to say ..ONE viewing of O'Reilly gives me a good week of erectile dysfunction ...

could the maladies of each of these "pundits" somehow be projected on to me so that I suffer what they actually do in life ... hmmmm .. I knew there was more to this digital TV thing than meets the eye...

All I can say is ROFL!! That post is gold

Originally posted by lagnar
I'd much rather listen to Peter Joseph and Jacques Fresco on a daily basis.

Stress leads to health problems. It's simple fact. Especially introverted, or the kind that's hard to accept. And the more stress they can put into these shows (they think), the better. I would disagree.

I too used to listen to Alex's show all the time, and it wasn't hard to quit listening and listen to something else when Bermes (Mr. Loose Change) started coming on. He seems too rehearsed and fake any more...I'm sure it's from taking Alex's gate and snide way of putting things (but without the experience needed to counter it later on).

Truth is, Alex, IMO, is simply adding to the confusion with practically every word. To the point that if you listen too long, you become a different person.
They simply have no idea how to deliver their findings in such a way as to not repel just about every listener they have at one time or another.

The only point I get when listening to their show anymore is that they are mad...at "them" and "us"...and probably themselves on a certain level for using the downfall of America to better themselves financially...when everything they talk about has that same premise. A sort of forced, subconscious hypocrisy, if you will.

It simply becomes a stress that we can do without, IMO. I know how bad it is, but I don't have to - in fact, I am unable to dwell on it and remain sane, understanding and reassuring.

Is it just me, or do they seem to be becoming the very provocateurs and fear-mongers they are trying to call attention to? Probably just me.

Again, anymore, I'd rather point people to Peter Joseph and Jacques Fresco. Far less stress, far more logic, and an optimistic (albeit highly ambitious) solution to boot.

On a more medical note: Try some Eckhart Tolle, Deepok Chopra and Jiddu Krishnamurti every now and then to help counteract that sense of negativity that Alex and friends seem so adamant to instill.

It also helps to call family members (or people you respect) and just talk about nothing...thus get out of your own head every now and then.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
Hmmm..

I am a listener of Alex ... I will say that ... I listen with a discerning ear ...

Jones RARELY names names ... the enemy is always the vague .. "offshore bankers"... that's ONE beef ..

also .. many times I think about how much he relies on FEAR.. always the low, foreboding voice when promoting anything ... they are coming to get you etc etc ... unfortunately ..there is a lot of truth in there but ..there is also one MAIN observation that I keep in the back of my mind ...

I have my own evidence that our true nature is spirit... we are ETERNAL beings .... and these bodies are temporary .. (descriptions of my evidence would require another post
) so I remember sometimes that anything that promotes fear is actually leading us away from our true reality..

listening to Noory last night .. Jay Weidner was on,,, promoting a new video on near death experiences www.sacredmysteries.com... and he said something before I drifted off again along the lines of "fear is a THE major mechanism of control ..and if people knew what they ACTUALLY were .. which is an eternal and invulnerable spirit.. the "powers that be" would have a hard time steering us in the direction they want" ..(paraphrased)

and I thought of Alex Jones ..and the split between body and spirit ... and

maybe that split is what is making the OP sick ...

Wow, I never thought of that, the split between body and spirit? Im not quite sure I understand..but its worth thinking about.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yes good post, I had to stop listening to him too. He is just too much sometimes, although i respect him lately I've been feeling the same way as u described. I used to get a lot of good info from him, but now it's just blah blah blah, WAKE UP!!!! lol. I like to listen to my music, not my car alarm.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Are you thinking the show may have some kind of subliminal frequencies it emits, that caused this sudden illness?

I rarely listen to the Jason shows, I only like listening to the blowhard himself.

Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join