It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will I get kidnapped? I have been played by a child predator!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm 16 and I paid a few dollars for this psychic reading online. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. The form required that I put down my name, place of birth, and DOB for a horoscope. When she called, we talked and it was a really nice reading. Afterwards we had small talk and she asked if I was still living near the place where I was born. I said no and told her the city I was in (idiot!!!). We talked some more and she asked if I could send her a picture because she wanted to get to know the people she worked with. A red flag popped into my head but I sent her it anyway because I was so happy, just a pic of me holding up a peace sign IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE WITH MY ADDRESS VISIBLE.

So now a few hours later after the excitement has worn off, I am mentally calling myself every single obscense name I can think of. I AM THE MOST GULLIBLE IDIOT EVER!!!! I'm kind of freaked out. I won't contact her again, but I'm afraid I'll get kidnapped now. Please don't call me an idiot, I've already done that much more than you can imagine. Please give me advice, I'm really freaked out!!!

[edit on 12-4-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am sure you will be fine. Don't sweat it, just go take some judo lessons and always carry a pair of nunchucks

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm guessing you wont get kidnapped. I'm surprised she actually did business with you since your underage. Regardless, I think you'll be fine, Im sure she makes more money doing readings then stealing people. Are you gonna tell your parents though? You might wanna tell them.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Lesson learned, 'eh?

Best advice is to take the typical precautions. Pay attention to your surroundings, know who's around you, just keep your eyes open and be aware. Good practice for every day, anyway.
You will likely be just fine.

Please, don't do this again.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well daaaamn. Judging by her pic, I wouldn't mind if she "kidnapped" me

Haha, but in all seriousness you'll be fine. Relax. Chances are she is telling the truth, and just wants to know you better. Personality traits are a big factor in these "star seed" readings.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The sad part here is.

You are afraid of this lady hurting you.

No no. You are wrong.

You should be worried about the fact you are paying people $$$$ for a "psychic reading".

This is the biggest issue here, IMO.

I can't believe you pay for that crap. I'll tell you your future for free.

You won't be giving out pics on the internet anymore. There is your future. FREE.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Jeez. When I read the title, I felt very concerned for you. But once I read through the OP, this situation feels much less worrisome than you made it out to be. Good way to get people to read your thread though!

My two cents: Like others have said, always be prepared for anything to happen, especially in these strange times. When you are out walking around, be ready to karate chop anyone who messes with you. hehe.

But for real, just be aware of your surroundings, especially use your ears to hear what's around you, and that is really the best thing you can do.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
I'm guessing you wont get kidnapped. I'm surprised she actually did business with you since your underage. Regardless, I think you'll be fine, Im sure she makes more money doing readings then stealing people. Are you gonna tell your parents though? You might wanna tell them.

I'm not, scam artists love minors.

Too dumb to know they are being scammed. Obviously the OP got duped, he's not necesarily stupid or anything.

People see DOB's that are later than 1989 and they jump for joy, when it comes to scam artists.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Don't worry, we belong to a credit union, so I have my own debit card with money I've earned from my grocery weekend job.

------------------------------
Maybe this is a sign I watch too much 24. I could just see this happening way too easily. She's working with child trafficking people. Kidnapper 1: "The Package is on it's way". Evil terrorist overlord: "Good. find out what he knows". Too bad there isn't a Jack Bauer to save the day.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

I'm not, scam artists love minors.

Too dumb to know they are being scammed. Obviously the OP got duped, he's not necesarily stupid or anything.

People see DOB's that are later than 1989 and they jump for joy, when it comes to scam artists.

~Keeper

It's not a scam.

Selling psychic readings is a legitimate "Entertainment" business.

Look it up, its legal.

It is no more a scam than Wall Street is a scam.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about being kidnapped. The polio's gonna get you in a week or so, anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I have no idea why they would ask for a picture, but seriously, at this point I'd be more concerned about possible identity theft or unauthorized access to the CU account.

Just keep a close watch on your account for possible theft. You may want to consider calling your CU and putting a password protection on your card for now. With DOB and card number, they may have access (don't know for sure).

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Get yourself a blade little friend. I never leave home without one.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

hahaha.. don't worry. Don't worry because there is no trouble, just simply don't worry. The problem seems to be that you're worried, in that case I suggest you just not be.

We like to sabotage our own peace of mind. Too much emphasis on the future, recking the stability and experience we have now. I've had my moments too of course that me sh#$ing myself. Just don't worry. And wait.

She actually seems like a nice lady on first glance. I am a bit jealous of her egypt experience. I did the amazon, egypt is next on my list.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Give me all her info I would love to be kidnapped by an older woman they are called cougars and can teach you well

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
and if she said she was supposed to meet someone from your area that could be why she needs a picture. Hell, just a picture of someone I dont know, if I stare in their eyes I will get crazy forehead pressure and it feels pretty cool. Some crazy pineal/pituitary action going on there. It could deffinately help. Its a whole god damn thing I wont get into but I understand her reasoning.

and if she says "its you!"... well then yeah i see your concern. But just relax man. And she tells you its your fate to meet her to tell her piss off i'll live the life i want and currently i don't trust you as you should understand.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It is strange to me, also, that she wanted your picture. I used to do tarot readings over the phone..I never needed a picture, or asked for one.

OP, trust your instincts..if it feels wrong, it is!
Dont think you're wrong, or stupid, either..some people can "talk" you into things, and it's not your fault. Just think of it as a lesson learned.

Kids your age go missing every day, and are never found, so yes, please be aware at all times of your surroundings. Try not to go anywhere alone, especially at night. Try to always have a cell phone on you, and if at all possible, buy some pepper spray. You can get that online, even.

It's good to be cautious..
see my avatar? No one will kidnap me..lol

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Yummy Freelunch]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Please give me advice, I'm really freaked out!!!

1) Stop wasting your money on psychics

2) You're 16 dude, that's more than old enough to crack someone in the face with a bat if someone comes for you.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

First off, dont go to a "renta-psychic". They are usually frauds.

Dont get me wrong, there are legit readers out there. usually, the good ones are ones you are referred to....and they are traditionally not high priced. They do have bills to pay though!

I can read cards fairly well (I like my Hanson-Roberts and Witch's Tarot best with Rose Tarot a distant runner up.) My wife has a general feel for it.

My sister in law dragged my wife to a goober reader once. She said she was a "christian" reader
. She didnt believe in magic...

my wife thought "sooooo, why are doing this then?".

She did a spread for my wife. She told my wife that we would be divorced in 4 years (that was 6 years ago
, 15th anniversery on the way!!!! ) and a bunch of other crap. My wife looked the cards over, told her what SHE thought they said and freaked the young lady out badly!

Moral of story,
If you go to a psychic, DONT GIVE THEM ANY INFO!!!! They feed on it!
thats what you are paying them for goofy
!

A legit reader will maybe hold your hands for a bit, look in your eyes, just touch you with their eyes shut, MAYBE DO NOTHING and usually have you shuffle (maybe) and start the show. You should only sit back and enjoy....AND GO WITH YOUR GUT! If they start getting very chatty (other than its a nice day politeness), leave. You should tell them nothing (be polite).

Remember, the cards only show what is likely IF things continue the current path. NOTHING is certain.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well the DOB & place were for a natal horoscope, I have the jpeg btw. She analyzed it and then we talked from there

top topics

<<   2 >>

join