It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nessie Files

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

The person who took the image would have no chance of manipulating the image. The camera's are sealed, 1 shot then has to be wound on before the shutter will fire again. The cameras are de-canned on site and processed via mainline equipment (hence the balls up in processing).
Also the film used in them was crappy Chinese cheap 400 iso stock.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Wow, that makes it all the more interesting.
Have you posted this photo/image anywhere else?

Im sure there are lots more people interested in seeing a photo like this.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
No, this is the 1st time this image has been made public (by me anyway).

As it wasn't really my image to release I've held onto it for 5 years. The company isn't trading any more so they'll be no comeback on them now so here it is. I've tried uploading a 300dpi close crop of the creature but in my ATS photo folder it just goes back to the upload section after the upload and won't show the image in my folder

What's the size limit for ATS photo's?

OK managed to get a closer crop uploaded by halfing the image size.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9813b94a09e4.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 12/4/2010 by UKWO1Phot]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

that picture you have there is actualy a sticker on the window of the boat.
the reason i know this is my daughter was on the same boat with her school and came back with the same picture when i saw her pic i said wow youve caught nessie to the answer no its just a sticker dad

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888

that picture you have there is actualy a sticker on the window of the boat.
the reason i know this is my daughter was on the same boat with her school and came back with the same picture when i saw her pic i said wow youve caught nessie to the answer no its just a sticker dad

That makes sense. I've been looking at the 'Nessie' and thinking it looked too dark and somehow 'out of place.' Likely, if the image had been in colour, it would be more noticeably unreal. It's not a hoax then? Just a bit of fun for tourists.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Do you know the name of the boat?

As I said earlier, Initially I thought it was a touristy thing.

The crappy contrast is due to the film processing as you can also see with the sky.

To add:- Can you scan a copy of your image as a comparison?

[edit on 13/4/2010 by UKWO1Phot]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There's 1 problem if this is a sticker on the glass..

Can you see what it is?

If your daughter HAS been on this boat can you give me the name of it?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

That was the first image of "Nessie". That image is a hoax created by Robert Kenneth Wilson, a London gynecologist. It was published in the "Daily Mail" on 21 April 1934.

The whole Lock Ness "monster" thing is a complete hoax.

Time to let "Nessie" go.

That might be the first photo of Nessie, but there were sightings long before cameras were even invented.

The earliest report of a monster associated with the vicinity of Loch Ness appears in the Life of St. Columba by Adomnán, written sometime during the 7th century.[15] According to Adomnán, writing about a century after the events he described, the Irish monk Saint Columba was staying in the land of the Picts with his companions when he came across the locals burying a man by the River Ness. They explained that the man had been swimming the river when he was attacked by a "water beast" that had mauled him and dragged him under. They tried to rescue him in a boat, but were able only to drag up his corpse. Hearing this, Columba stunned the Picts by sending his follower Luigne moccu Min to swim across the river. The beast came after him, but Columba made the sign of the cross and commanded: "Go no further. Do not touch the man. Go back at once."[16] The beast immediately halted as if it had been "pulled back with ropes" and fled in terror, and both Columba's men and the pagan Picts praised God for the miracle.[16]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
There's 1 problem if this is a sticker on the glass..

Can you see what it is?

If your daughter HAS been on this boat can you give me the name of it?

Take a boat tour of Loch Ness. I did and had a skipper that gave a pretty convincing argument that Nessy is for real. Complete with monitors, laser trackers and stories of underwater caves where Nessy hides will make a believer out of just about anybody. Small black stickers on the windows of the boat will let you get a picture with what appears to be the monstor just surfacing that you can show and try to convince your friends you saw the real thing if you're into that.
Link

The problem I had with the Nessie image wasn't just how it seemed incongruous, it also looked like the 'humps in the water' cartoon depiction. Hard to explain...it just looked wrong I guess.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Ahhh.. here we go.

Not exactly the same decal but good enough for me to put it to bed.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
reply to post by Kandinsky

Ahhh.. here we go.

Not exactly the same decal but good enough for me to put it to bed.

Yeah that one is over...but don't go disappearing too fast...

I also have a couple of intriguing UFO images too taken at an RNLI boat show, I think they deserve their own thread though.

Be sure to post these images, ATS is hungry and the appetite never diminishes

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
That might be the first photo of Nessie, but there were sightings long before cameras were even invented.

Yeah, except too bad the following part didn't raise a red flag in your head:

The beast came after him, but Columba made the sign of the cross and commanded: "Go no further. Do not touch the man. Go back at once."[16] The beast immediately halted as if it had been "pulled back with ropes" and fled in terror, and both Columba's men and the pagan Picts praised God for the miracle.

It doesn't matter if it is a beast, monster, or wild animal, none of those will give two poops if you throw up a cross sign. That should have immediately told you that this was a far-fetched tale. Unless you believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-seeing, omnipotent "god", then there's nothing I can do for you.

With all of our science, technology and instruments, you'd think there would be some legitimate image or video or corpse of one by now if they existed.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

With all of our science, technology and instruments, you'd think there would be some legitimate image or video or corpse of one by now if they existed.

I didn't say they existed. Just that sightings go back further than the invention of the camera.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

New species are found all the time.
Nessie has been spotted on land and there are theories that its able to get to the open ocean from Loch Ness.
So perhaps Nessie doesnt spend lots of time in Loch Ness and only comes back for a specific reason like mating, for example.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Whoa!!! this is an awesome image make you wonder what really is in the water out there..........

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

That was the first image of "Nessie". That image is a hoax created by Robert Kenneth Wilson, a London gynecologist. It was published in the "Daily Mail" on 21 April 1934.

The whole Lock Ness "monster" thing is a complete hoax.

Time to let "Nessie" go.

While that might have been a toy sub why couldn't there be a creature out in the murky depths of Loch Ness, or Lake Champlain. Nessie and Champy could be cousins.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

The Searle images have aggravated me for longer than I care to remember. Anyone who has spent as much time on the water as I have gets to know the scale of water, it's ripples and wavelets. You kind of have to to to judge distance on the water, especially out of sight of land. The Searle images all show something small that is close-up. It's glaringly obvious that "Nessie's" neck is about a foot long. The only way for those ripples surrounding it to be waves in scale with a huge monster would be if it was swimming in thick oil. The curve of the top of the ripples tells you how small they are. It's all down to surface tension.

Having said all that, when you are out on Loch Ness and you see dark shapes in the water beneath a cloudless sky its easy to see where the tales come from. You are also aware of the staggering depth of Loch Ness. My forward looking sonar gives an image of the sub-surface 300m ahead to 150m straight down and when you don't see any bottom at all (Loch Ness is 230m deep) it gives you a very odd feeling. Anything could be lurking down there in the blackness........

Edit to add: (@ FoxMulder) Where did you here that Nessie could make it out to sea? Unless it is able to fit into the canal, negotiating locks and sneaking through either Fort Augustus or the centre of Inverness then it is not going to reach the open sea! The surface of Loch Ness is fifty feet above sea level.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Isn't the loch connected to the ocean by some small stream that's only 10-15 feet deep? I'd think that would be the place to be watching and if this thing really exists I wouldn't think that it could get through that small of a body of water without being seen. Also aren't they talking about this being a reptile? If so it would have to surface to breathe on some sort of a regular basis. I really really want to believe this thing is real but can't get over the fact that there has to be lots and lots of them to have a breeding population and if they're reptiles they'd have to be popping up all over the place.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

But the depth of Loch Ness could be the prime location for a legendary sea monster couldn't it?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truent2
reply to post by Karilla

But the depth of Loch Ness could be the prime location for a legendary sea monster couldn't it?

Yes, that's what I meant by my comment about "anything lurking in the blackness". Although the theory that a sea-dwelling reptile could have become stranded in Loch Ness at some point and become isolated in the loch is not very feasible:

Scotland was still in the grip of the ice twelve thousand years ago, but the main advances were over and the land was beginning to rebound from being depressed into the mantle. The surface of Loch Ness would have been at a similar elevation to sea level, but detailed and thorough examination of the sediments at the northwest end of the loch show no evidence for any incursion of the sea since the last ice age.

Anything living in Loch Ness today must have arrived from the freezing North Sea up the River Ness after the final retreat of ice, ten to twelve thousand years ago. This automatically eliminates certain Loch Ness monster candidates, primarily the reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates.

Source

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join