It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support For Repeal of Health Care Plan up to 58%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
wait wait...let me hold my breath to see if it gets repealed

seriously, it could be 98% oppose t and the Dems wouldn't give a horses patootie.

Three weeks after Congress passed its new national health care plan, support for repeal of the measure has risen four points to 58%. That includes 50% of U.S. voters who strongly favor repeal. www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well the dems aren't gonna repeal it. Come Nov. the Reps may get a chance to if they want to but lets think about it. I giant handout to the corporations running this country, you can bet that they won't do jack sh**.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And so it grows... More facts are emerging and the reality hits home as thousands of Americans realize every day that they still have to wait another 4 years for this to kick in. Insurance companies have been inundated with phone calls asking about their new "free healthcare"

These folks are now being polled.. Will the number hit 60%? The people have certainly spoken. Sadly, no one listened.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I did my own personal poll and so far only 1 person out of a bunch have said they don like the health care plan and are against any reform. Oddly enough it was also the most hated person in the office.

Aren't polls great?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but its never getting repealed, something so massive is cumbersome to implement and even wore to remove. Every time someone makes a play to repeal the bill the democrats only have to say "LOOK! they want to take away your healthcare" and the salivating and stupid masses will do what their masters demand of them like obedient dogs.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When asked:

Would you be for the banning of a invention that displayed graphic violent content, altered your perception of reality, and contributed to the corruption of culture while creating a unfair market paradigm that destroyed most small business's in favor of corporate monopoly's, most would agree that such a device should indeed be banned.

but when simply asked: Should TVs be banned...most say no.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Well the dems aren't gonna repeal it. Come Nov. the Reps may get a chance to if they want to but lets think about it. I giant handout to the corporations running this country, you can bet that they won't do jack sh**.

The reps need 2/3 of the senate to repeal it. That's 67 votes, They can't get it. If they tell they will they are lying.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Who owns the company that is putting this poll on? Watch it be a ultra right wing leaning group.

I do not follow polls as they change faster then people can change their clothes and are unreliable.

58& of Republicans don't want it while overall roughly 70% of all Americans want real health care reform.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately, repeal would not be possible until the elections of 2012.

Why?

Both houses of Congress would need super-majorities to override the obvious Presidential veto to repeal legislation. Though in the November election, there is a possibility to pick up a majority in both House and Senate for repeal-candidates, there are not enough Senators up for reelection in order to override the President.

Another problem: the pain of Healthcare reform does not start until 2013/2014. The rhetoric of the 2012 election will be: see, nothing bad happened! Republicans are liars. Thus, if Obama is reelected, even without winning back the House and Senate, he will still be able to block movements to repeal the Healtcare reform.

Moreover, in the event that opponents somehow manage to overcome the odds and win vast majorities in 2012, much of the transformation of the system will already be underway. Worse, even, if the discussion cannot take place until 2016, ObamaCare will be so ingrained in American society, it will be a full-blown entitlement.

Think of it this way, it will be like a candidate running on a platform (now) of repealing Social Security, Medicare, and Food Stamps. "You want to kill poor people!"

So, though I am for repeal, we have to look for other ways to do it. Courts? Constitutional Amendments in State Legislatures? It's certainly a discussion we should be having.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Last I heard it takes two thirds to override a presidential veto. Maybe you should retry this thread when your slanted pollster comes up with 67%.

Just like Social Security & Medicare, the new health care bill will be modified over time until we finally end up with true universal coverage. Preferably, a single payer medicare for all type system.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Lets keep attacking the pollsters until we see favorable numbers for this mess. It's going to be a long wait.

Perhaps you would prefer to see an MTV viewer poll?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I did my own personal poll and so far only 1 person out of a bunch have said they don like the health care plan and are against any reform. Oddly enough it was also the most hated person in the office.

Aren't polls great?

Rasmussen as far as polling goes ain't too bad. If you go look at their past polls of elections then you would see that they have a pretty decent track record. As for your poll, you simply work in a leftist office, and the most hated guy in your office is proof enough that the left in your office really has no tolerance for the right. It is sad really. My blue collar workplace is made up pretty evenly of liberals and conservatives and we all like each other pretty good.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think Healthcare Reform should be implemented
but I think a public option was needed to not
make it mandatory.

So I was against Obamacare from the start.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Quote from joey_hv

it could be 98% oppose t and the Dems wouldn't give a horses patootie.

Watch what happens when you try and take away 32 million American's health care. How will republicans sell the idea of going back to allowing insurance companies to deny kids with pre existing conditions? How will they sell the idea of exorbitant rate hikes, dropping people who get sick, and losing coverage just for changing jobs?

Now that the other 42% of America knows there is no bureaucratic death panels, and all the other ridiculous claims, and can see the economic benefits, they will be patient and wait for the wackos to drop it and move on to railing against banking financial reform. "Keep your gobberment hands off our bank fees!" or "Financial reform means the gubberment can empty your grandma's account!"

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Aren't polls great?

Rasmussen as far as polling goes ain't too bad. If you go look at their past polls of elections then you would see that they have a pretty decent track record. As for your poll, you simply work in a leftist office, and the most hated guy in your office is proof enough that the left in your office really has no tolerance for the right. It is sad really. My blue collar workplace is made up pretty evenly of liberals and conservatives and we all like each other pretty good.

Nice assumptions but you fail.

The group asked was a diverse group on their political and even religious stances and the " woman" who everyone hates it just not a nice person. She also happens to not like health care but that's not why people don't like her.

You also just helped show how you can link things together in polls that have nothing to do with each other. Polls do what they are designed to do and that's show favor for what ever question they would like.

As the posted stated above, how you ask a question can change the answers you get very easily.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

You do realize that this could get repealed before it even kicks in. In a perfect world of course.

Furthermore, most Americans support reform in one way or another. So do I. The problem with this package lies in its shear size, the way in which it was concocted and all of the unknowns contained within it. Most of these unknown facts have yet to be decoded from their current form.

Above all, we have the 800 pound Elephant that has yet to be addressed. Cost and how it will be financed.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

58& of Republicans don't want it while overall roughly 70% of all Americans want real health care reform.

Most people DO want "real health care reform".

However, most people also understand that bad healthcare reform is NOT better than no healthcare reform.

They also understand that what dems rammed down everyone's throat was BAD healthcare reform.

BTW, if declared unconstitutional, it won't even need to be repealed ...

[edit on 4/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Contrary to what he claims, Scott Rassmussen (Rassmussen polls) has worked for GW Bush and the RNC..

His polls lean right...

projects.publicintegrity.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They aren't going to repeal it. The approval rating of Congress has improved among democrats and independents since they passed the health-care reform legislation. The majority of Americans want health-care reform, that is why we elected Obama.

Congress' Job Approval Rating Improves, but Still Low

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Most people DO want "real health care reform".

However, most people also understand that bad healthcare reform is NOT better than no healthcare reform.

They also understand that what dems rammed down everyone's throat was BAD healthcare reform.

BTW, if declared unconstitutional, it won't even need to be repealed ...

[edit on 4/12/2010 by centurion1211]

The only reason why it had to be rammed down the throats of people because the Congress has been trying to get something into vote and past committee since the 1940's and every darn Congress since has been in the backpocket and payroll of The Insurance Lobby to make damn sure nothing ever got introduced, nonetheless passed.

If nothing would've gotten done now in the manner it had to be done it would be 2040 and we'd still have no real reform. This has been getting dangled over the people's heads like some piece of cheese or meat since the 1940's. Many Americans gave up on getting real reform by the 1960's because they honestly thought that nothing would really happen ever. The concept of "Delay, delay, delay and hope people forget all about it" did not work this time. Thank God for that.

Never again will anyone be denied coverage because they have either a pre existing condition or an unforseen condition. No more denial of kids under the age of 18.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join