It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistle Blower Comes Forward With Solid Proof The Price Of Gold And Silver Is Being Manipulated By M

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This piece of news is great and at the same time, really sucks...

For a long time many of us have had very serious suspicions that the prices of gold and silver were being highly manipulated. But now, thanks to the mind blowing testimony of one very brave whistle blower, the blatant manipulation of the world gold and silver markets is being blown wide open. What you are about to read below is absolutely staggering. Once the American people learn how incredibly corrupt the world financial system is, it is going to change everything. The government that we are all trusting to guard the integrity of the financial system is failing to do that job. It turns out that the Commodities Futures Trading Commission has been sitting on solid evidence that the elite banking powers have been openly and blatantly manipulating the price of gold and silver. Even though they were basically handed a "smoking gun", they have done absolutely nothing with it. But now the information has gone public and the CFTC is red-faced.

Back in November 2009, Andrew Maguire, a former Goldman Sachs silver trader in Goldman's London office, contacted the CFTC's Enforcement Division and reported the illegal manipulation of the silver market by traders at JPMorgan Chase.

Maguire told the CFTC how silver traders at JPMorgan Chase openly bragged about their exploits - including how they sent a signal to the market in advance so that other traders could make a profit during price suppression episodes.

Traders would recognize these signals and would make money shorting precious metals alongside JPMorgan Chase. Maguire explained to the CFTC how there would routinely be market manipulations at the time of option expiries, during non-farm payroll data releases, during commodities exchange contract rollovers, as well as at other times if it was deemed necessary.

On February 3rd, Maguire gave the CFTC a two day warning of a market manipulation event by email to Eliud Ramirez, who is a senior investigator for the CFTC’s Enforcement Division.

Maguire warned Ramirez that the price of precious metals would be suppressed upon the release of non-farm payroll data on February 5th. As the manipulation of the precious metals markets was unfolding on February 5th, Maguire sent additional emails to Ramirez explaining exactly what was going on.

And it wasn't just that Maguire predicted that the price would be forced down. It was the level of precision that he was able to communicate to the CFTC that was the most stunning. He warned the CFTC that the price of silver was to be taken down regardless of what happened to the employment numbers and that the price of silver would end up below $15 per ounce. Over the next couple of days, the price of silver was indeed taken down from $16.17 per ounce down to a low of $14.62 per ounce.

Because of Maguire’s warning, the CFTC was able to watch a crime unfold, right in front of their eyes, in real time.

So what did the CFTC do about it?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Which is extremely alarming, because the size of this fraud absolutely dwarfs the Madoff or Enron scandals. In fact, this fraud is so gigantic that it is not even worth comparing to any of the other major financial scandals of recent times.

But Maguire did not give up. He sent several more emails to the CFTC detailing the open manipulation of the gold and silver markets.

The CFTC did not reply.

Finally he sent them a final email: "I have honored my commitment to assist you and keep any information we discuss private, however if you are going to ignore my information I will deem that commitment to have expired."

The reply by the CFTC?

"I have received and reviewed your email communications. Thank you so very much for your observations."

No action.

No acknowledgement that anything was wrong.

No recognition that a massive crime had been committed.

Fortunately, that was not the end of it.

On March 25th, the CFTC held a hearing on alleged manipulation in the gold market by the major banking powers.

Maguire wanted to testify during that hearing but he was not invited.

But William Murphy, chairman of Gold Anti-Trust Action (GATA), was invited to testify. GATA has been compiling data on the manipulation of the gold and silver markets for quite a long time now.

Murphy was only given five minutes to deliver his testimony. He raced through his presentation so that he could get as much information on the record as possible.

Very curiously, the live television broadcast of the CFTC hearing suffered a technical failure the minute before Murphy began his testimony. The technical failure was corrected the minute after Murphy was finished.

Coincidence?

Well, it turns out that there were are lot of coincidences surrounding this hearing.

But we'll get to that in a minute.

When Murphy finished his statement, the panel asked him for some hard proof of market manipulation. Murphy shocked the panel by revealing the name of Maguire and explaining how Maguire had informed the CFTC Enforcement Division of the market manipulation that was taking place by JPMorgan Chase. The CFTC panel seemed stunned by the revelation and seemed reluctant to learn any further and asked nothing else about it.

Video of Murphy's revelation to the panel is posted below....

In another "coincidence", Maguire and his wife were subsequently injured and hospitalized when their car was struck by a hit-and-run driver in the London suburbs.

When a bystander who saw the "accident" tried to block the other driver from getting away, the other driver accelerated directly towards the witness, forcing him to leap out of the way to avoid being hit. The hit-and-run driver’s car then hit two additional cars as he left the area.

But Maguire and his wife were fortunate.

In the past, other would-be whistle blowers that had evidence regarding the manipulation in the gold and silver markets died in "unusual accidents" before they were able to bring their evidence to light.

But there were even more "coincidences" surrounding this hearing.

A week before the hearing, the CFTC announced that they had had a fire in the room where its gold and silver records are held.

Isn't that convenient?

In addition, after the hearing was over, Murphy was contacted by a number of major media outlets for interviews.

Within 24 hours, every single interview was cancelled.

Every single one.

Is that a coincidence too?

It appears that some very powerful people do not want this information to get out.

It also shows how corrupt the mainstream media has become.

______beforeitsnews/story/32124/BOMBSHELL_Whistle_Blower_Comes_Forward_With_Solid_Proof_The_Price_Of_Gold_And_Silver_Is_Being_Manipulated_By_Majo r_Financial_Institutions.html

There is more to this artile, its a huge article. It is GREAT that andrew maguire is still alive. I remember the thread on here that talked about his curious car accident. This article puts all the events into order and also gives you an update as to whats goin on...

"The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government ... are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it" -President Andrew Jackson

to hell with the bankers... i hope they all burn
im not talking biblical burning either

[edit on 12-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

[edit on 12-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't see a link for the article you refer to, or is it the video. Anyway, going to share this with friends and relatives, good find.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I really wish I could say hat I was stunned, but I'm really not.

Nice find, I don't really get all the financial mumbo jumbo, I'm a techie, not an accountant, but from what I could grasp, some people very high up must have been making Billions off this!!

S&F

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

same here bud, im not a finnancial guru by any means, my wall st understanding comes from what ive learned here on ATS and beforeitsnews.com but like you said, fromwhat i can gather as well.. well, what in our fake society isnt manipulated by a few elite at the top?
the idea that america is a democracy iis farce, a lie, untrue.. our founding fathers are boiling in their graves.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
But where is the proof?

If I was playing devils advocate I would say this sounds more like TA setups than anything.

Big players can move the market, but it takes an entity like the FED to continuously push around money like that. JPM-Chase would not put 10% of all their equity into manipulating the silver market. That doesn't even make sense to me.

These players like JPMChase can move the market, but never change the prevailing trend. Too much "trend mentality" over longer periods of time.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This will be swept under the rug and suppressed just like the news of the thousands of dipped in gold 400oz tungsten "gold" bars sitting in vaults around the world.

Going to be real interesting when they start drilling those things to get a true assay on whats really there.

Along with an audit of the fed, there needs to be an independently verified audit of a random sample of the gold in Fort Knox.

Don't hold your breath till either event happens.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
But where is the proof?

If I was playing devils advocate I would say this sounds more like TA setups than anything.

Big players can move the market, but it takes an entity like the FED to continuously push around money like that. JPM-Chase would not put 10% of all their equity into manipulating the silver market. That doesn't even make sense to me.

These players like JPMChase can move the market, but never change the prevailing trend. Too much "trend mentality" over longer periods of time.

The Government, the Fed, the banks, the CEO's… they are all in on it. They make the rules, they create the game and they take the profits from screwing the sheep slaves known as the human race. Including you. They are your masters. Learn to act like it!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

That is not going to cut it.

Let's talk reality, what is going to hold up for proof? Not some nonsense youtube video.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

What about this example?

www.businessweek.com...

Maybe this…..

news.firedoglake.com...

Or this…

www.examiner.com...

Another video maybe….

www.examiner.com... -US-history

Or this…

abcnews.go.com...

Come on…. Maybe not the best examples but just what I found with a quick search. The Fed is being run by a group playing musical chairs with their positions. I work for this company now I’m with the Fed overseeing the company I used to work for blah blah blah…

It’s not necessary for you to believe you’re being controlled by crooks in order for them to do it. They like it better when you submit. Now bow to your master peasant!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I did a thread on your first link - no one responded. But bankruptcy lawyers do a lot of work. Imagine the paperwork you would have to do even.. must be in the 10's of thousands + ..

But yeah they do get paid

____

The rest is just AIG/end the fed same story stuff..

AIG needed to get bailed and they should have bailed out Lehman Bros. too. That was a mistake because Paulson hated Lehman. IMO he is to blame for that.

But that doesn't have anything to do with silver/gold manipulation, but I know the theme in which you are coming from.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I’m just not surprised to hear they might be manipulating the silver market. They seem to be manipulating everything else. There is proof of fraud all over the place. Where did the missing billions go that no one can find? It just gets swept under the rug. No one has to answer for it apparently. They are manipulating everything under the sun and making billions doing it. They are robbing this country blind and no one who can do anything about it is trying to stop it. Why? Because the people who could are bought and paid for!

And as far as the lawyers, they are just vultures moving in to eat the leftovers. Integrity is a thing of the past.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well "maniuplating" and trading for profit are two different things.

To me manipulation would involve a syndicate of banks and very large speculators that have gone into cahoots. This would also involve position sizing limits being exceeded.

The latter is not possible, so that only leaves the first option.

I do not doubt that either, I just do not think it is nefarious as this guy or group of people is saying.

Remember, THEY COULD ALSO BE SAYING THIS FOR A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PURPOSE. You have no idea why/why not they would want to spread disinformation.

So, I guess I have laid out my opinion, and you have yours. I would not like to direct people to my thread though either you or someone else listed a couple posts above because that would not contribute to this topic currently that this thread is about. EDIT** Sorry wasn't in this thread, it was another.

I will leave it at that.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Like the others have said, I am not at all surprised. There is far too much of an emphasis on gold right now, whether it be buying from secret reserves that now have commercial, or selling it to some cash for gold scam I mean company.
There is consistently a commercial on the radio for a secret gold reserve that was misplaced and can be yours in limited quantities of course for a low price. Who the hell misplaced a gold reserve? No one, it is probably my neighbors broken bracelet melted down and recast.
I have not purchased them, however I do wonder if when it arrives it has that little tag that tells you it has no actual cash value and is for historic purposed only. But who knows, I suppose with the right knowledge one could recast it themselves, assuming its actual gold throughout of course.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
OK

One thing I have to say here is I AM SICK of reading about Tungsten bars recently turning up in the Chinese vaults etc....

Please please on that one issue alone, that most of the gold bars out there are fake, please do your research first, I will allow those who post and blog, and link internet videos of the event and create all sorts of illusions about this, to spend just 10 mins researching this, who wrote the original article, their replies, their forced responses of the story etc etc.... when these events happened, in what context etc. So for any from ATS and around the world into that story you are as bad as those at JP Morgan at deception and spinning the truth.

You are helping those who want to sell paper gold which is worthless really, sell them, you are helping the "EXPERTS" collate more and more of the stuff together to be assayed etc properly and "safe known & secure" you are stopping those who want to purchase it having physical possession of any, as they fear its legitimacy will concede to those in white coats and big Swiss banks. Does anyone remember what happened to all of the Jewish Gold during the last world war? (Not the bankers but individuals stored in similar ways?) It is part of the deception, the pre planned theft.

Rant over on that issue.

HOWEVER on the rest of the story ABSOLUTELY, this is in effect and happening, it obviously goes very very deep, is imho part of some type of Bilderberb plan or operation as many "elected" countries representatives have over the last 5 years sold many of the worlds gold reserves at the lowest price they have been in generations, at the peak of the "bubble" when such governments had no reason to sell anyhow as they were flush.

The value of gold and several other commodities is being suppressed as the currencies are so fragile, if a large exodus from personal investors starts from the "apparent" safety of worthless paper, those countries will no longer be able to keep the scam going, and the real issues of this depression will start, something that cant be bailed out, as there is nothing to bail them out with that anyone respects.

Also then obviously the "pictures" on the pieces of paper that represents the people who control the populations loose their power at the same time, and become as valuable, as the paper I am going to use to wipe my bum in the morning.

One of elf’s predictions which I don’t "put out there" often but is 90% spot on.

Assuming no Iranian War or massive such like destabilisation or mega natural disaster in a G8 country or affecting the world. This is taking into account to the $ not collapsing before then.

Gold $2000 oz by 2011 at the latest maybe this fall. around 2 weeks after 3rd quarter results. Realisation in west US/Europe/UK that the only profits for many major corps to face ever again will be the liquidisation of their current stock on the Christmas period, but they won’t be reordering. By next spring many as in 5-6 major brands will have disappeared from the high streets, like Woolworth's, Zavvi, Whittard of Chelsea, Officers Club, USC and Adamsin last year. This will cause quite a big exodus to Gold from shares in late fall last quarter as the "Buyers -retail and commodities etc" realise their order requests, the news gets out, and factories will only have the xmass to supply for.

Long term next year due to unemployment UK and US and 4-5 situations like Greece that is unfolding $3500 by summer 2012, maybe much much more.

$ goes seriously, which is an very real and present danger, like china pulling the plug or something similar to another major bank and Enron to, It is possible to see $5000 or even more in the initial rush to safety.

Immediately after any such Iranian move or anything similar to 9/11 or even worse as feared two weeks until at $2000 maybe nudging $3000 that is over 100% in just two weeks I wonder who will profit?

I AM NOT ADVOCATING anyone buying gold; it could be back at $289 an ounce in 1 yr... Things are so hard to judge because of manipulation and the strings of the puppet masters, however if anyone does, get physical delivery, get a safety deposit box, and simple as drill through the middle if large to check yellow all through! The tungsten stuff is there being made like currency but to private people not large banks they have their own assay teams, it is impossible to get gold into an banks holdings that is fake, it is assayed, and each one has its own unique "Serial Number" tracking it from conception to storage.

However who knows how many private investors have bought fake stuff? Buy it with insurance, or assayed and stamped. I should imagine a lot of the crooks in the Costa del Sol, and gangsters with Swiss banks boxes would be surprised if they drilled their gold!

Ultimately the set up is this, and this like geo political stuff can cause the price to rise, maybe this is the plan. When the amount of physical reserves is known, which is being kept very difficult to ascertain such as fort Knox not being audited ever etc... and such things are happening all around the world... then the Future options and "paper" contracts for gold will become generally worthless as there will not be enough of the stuff to cover what they have sold on paper. It is as bad and big as the default swaps, they have screwed millions of people again... when that happens, the price as said could touch $5k of physical stuff, until calm and confidence in what is "real" becomes apparent. Who though will sell that gold then?

Oh just the same people as Gordon Brown sold 1/2 of Britain’s Gold Reserves to for $300 odd dollars an ounce when we had the best economy in an generation... they will then buy the distressed cheap property, cheap business and brand names, from the repossessions and oh how the cycle will start again, around and around for hundreds of years.

Oh and how the workers will fight for jobs with low pay, even though they have high skill sets, and allow even more workers rights to be eroded, as "times are hard you know" and how the worker without realising he is a slave will say to his wife at home coming home broken, tired, with no sick pay, contracts, pension etc "I am just lucky and happy to have a job" this is how in just one of many ways you see they use the law of scarcity to control and use fear.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 12-4-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

You are missing a big piece.

During times of international instability the US Dollar gets very strong.

There will be no bullish outlook on gold at this point as it isn't going to take off without the dollar's approval.

If there was indeed a war with Iran it would probably involve a lot of the world at the same time, and this would mean even more dollar strength.

If it is indeed your opinion that gold gets THAT MUCH stronger equity markets would most likely take off to the upside as well.

Anyway, my point was during uncertain times big investors find safety in the US Dollar because we are considered the safest "next alternative". This plus the deepest liquidity makes it an easy choice. This makes it almost impossible for gold to move parabolic like you say. So you really can't have it both ways.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Whatever you say.

Have not been wrong in this regard before.

And know the subject very well indeed, from the conventional point of veiw as in worked in the field (though not gold) and know from years of research the BIG picture indeed as well as the info that is available on it.

The dollar is only a place of refuge as the reserve currency.

That is under huge threat from many angles.

Greece is probably failing to deflect attention from that angle.

The dollar is a safe as the paper its written on, which is now an IOU for the american economy to pay back, there is no "Physical" backing besides the corporations, personal wealth, employment after the dropping of the gold standard.

Around the time of the vietnam war the french and british both sent a Warship to your country and demanded their gold back, that is the big picture my friend, and forgotton quickly. It is only as safe as the stability of the current geo political position, and being the worlds no1 superpower, and the bonds it can sell, also the "perception" that it has any worth anyhow, which really is an illusion.

George Soros showed what the strength of Countries are based on, as now times are much differant indeed much more precarious.

The worlds CORPORATIONS now own all the wealth not the countries like before. They are going down slowly.

The infaltionary aspects of the printing presses has not even reared its ugly head yet, and they have to keep printing as people cant borrow, and capitilism requires that debt or more money is put into cirucltion in the absense of private debt bouyed by confidence, for it to survive, it is the only way it can exist. It is very similair in its behaviour to cancer.

I remember on ATS having similair conversations when I was warning about the mortgage and personal debt bubble that had to come home to roost, as we saw, same sort of responces.

I do not want this to be so, the real effects of the world depression being seen, touching everyone, I gain no profit or pleasure in being right about this now as I dint then. In fact it saddens me. It is just where we are at and what is very very likely to happen soon.

Kind Regards,

Elf

Edit to add I like the way Icke rants about this recently in America a great few minutes watch:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Well then we fall into the category of:

"What is really safe"

If you are looking at it like that nothing is safe and everything is falling. Real people with real money in real life situations do not have that luxury. They need to either move their money into dollar denominated sums or hedge into the next best thing.

The most reliable thing IN EXISTENCE right now is the US DOLLAR. Can't deny that. No matter what web you would like to spin that is just the way it is. Everything else is crying wolf too many times until it actually happens.

If the dollar totally falls apart you will not have the electricity in your domicile to say " I told you so" anyway so none of this will matter at that point.

Have a nice night

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Well then we fall into the category of:

"What is really safe"

Exactly, which is the way fear is used to keep obediance going to corrupt and fraudulant activities.

What is safe is a belief system.

I find my personal safety anyhow in something much bigger than the material world. Though for those who live and die by materialism that fear tactic works every time, to keep the people as slaves.

If you are looking at it like that nothing is safe and everything is falling.

No I said that Gold was probably safer at the moment. There are many investements in both life skills, resources, service business and others also other currencies to that imho dont reflect the danger of the $.

Real people with real money in real life situations do not have that luxury. They need to either move their money into dollar denominated sums or hedge into the next best thing.

Protectionism and Isolationism.

See my above response, and look outisde of the USA and magor corps, its a big world you know, most of the people in the world do not live in the USA.

The most reliable thing IN EXISTENCE right now is the US DOLLAR. Can't deny that. No matter what web you would like to spin that is just the way it is.

According to you ? and CNBC? I wont get into personal attacks but that is one of the most ahem well unusal and small minded sentences, ive seen for a while.

Everything else is crying wolf too many times until it actually happens.

What Gold skyrocketting, the selling of reserves?

They already have.

What the fact for the firts time ever the Feds are buying your own bonds, so the american people are borrowing on their credit cards to pay their other credit card interest bills? (with no capital paid of either)

It may not be in front of you yet but the default letters and bailiffs will be on the way soon. Cant keep paying credit cards with credit cards, its the very thing that created much of this mess on a macro scale.

If the dollar totally falls apart you will not have the electricity in your domicile to say " I told you so" anyway so none of this will matter at that point.

I dont live in America, why wouldnt I have electricity?

How do you know that my electricity is not solar and wind anyhow?

I will have electricity, maybe many wont.

Have a nice night

I will thank you, and you to.

Elf

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Everything I have stated can be backed up historically.

Nothing is based on opinion, only fact.

In times of instability (see q4 2008 -> q1 2009) dollar was very strong, just an example, I could name many more.

Gold is priced in US DOLLARS.

IF US DOLLAR = 0

Gold = unknown scenario / barter situations only at your own risk

**assumed you were in America, well this goes for us at least

[edit on 12-4-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Everything I have stated can be backed up historically.

Tell that to the Romans lol, or the fur trappers in your country before the $ even was first printed.

I thought you were aware of the Big picture?

Nothing is based on opinion, only fact.

There is a differance between facts, and belief systems. Many people rehash the facts they have been exposed to or had brainwashed into them by media, school society etc, and dictate it as a fact, when in fact the only FACT present in their argument is that infact it is a belief system and not indeed a fact, that they are repeating from some one else.

Now THAT IS A FACT.

In times of instability (see q4 2008 -> q1 2009) dollar was very strong, just an example, I could name many more.

So could I, recent trends have nothing to do with, it, the dollar will not slide in a q's basis. if it does go and I nevre stated it definately would just discussed it amongst a range of scenarios affecting the GOLD (on topic) price, it will be pretty swift as its relative lack of strength against other currencies, it is hardly a Strong currency in worth per unit, and with the amounts of those units now and just created from thin air, it would devalue pretty sharpish. I can CERTAINLY show you historical precedences of that worldwide in economic history. Its what created Hitler.

Gold is priced in US DOLLARS.

So did a lot of the worlds Oil until the recent Bourses.

Do you think Gold bought in London is bought in $?

$ or not has no bearing on if gold can be bought and sold with other means, if the dollar is under serious thraet the price will go up, but in other currencies.

That is why I said in my proposed view of what will happen that, as long as the $ is still the reserve currency. It would then be say for example £2200
an Oz not $3000.

IF US DOLLAR = 0

Gold = unknown scenario / barter situations only at your own risk

**assumed you were in America, well this goes for us at least

Exactly, and how that tells in the way the US culture is projected around the world, politically, in the media and on boards such as this.

Elf

top topics

join