It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My teeth are becoming transparant, fluoride deficiency?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Having read a lot into fluoride, I decided to stop using fluoride toothpaste approximately six months ago. Most of you are likely familiar with the fluoride conspiracy and there is plenty of reasons to not use products containing fluoride.

And that's when the trouble started. Never before I had problems with my teeth, not once I had a hole, that was until I discontinued using fluoride toothpaste and it is not beneficial. Yes, sensitivity to cold sensations has disappeared, but my teeth are starting to become transparent, which is caused by a loss of enamel and I suspect this to be related to a lack of fluoride.

It is worse than that. In 23 years, last week my dentist needed to drill a hole for the first time ever. Additionally, it should be noted that our drinking water is not fluoridated.

It is a popular believe on sites like this that fluoride is harmful and I support that, but I am starting to strongly doubt that people don't need fluoride to keep their teeth healthy. Furthermore, I wonder if anyone could confirm that the see through phenomena is directly related to a lack of fluoride? It would be best if fluoride could be replaced by some other supplement, but I am afraid that's impossible.

Until I find an alternative, I will start using fluoride products again and see if the transparency disappears, which my dentist said will and I would like to stress that you should all be careful in making a decision regarding the use of fluoride products.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I believe that fluoride is a dangerous substance.
I can't believe your teeth are so bad - go to a dentist who does not use fluoride.

Just a thought - fluoride and other drugs are around and ok, courtesy of the government.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
the amount of fluoride needed for healthy teeth is so minute that you get it from other things such as apples and what not fruits you can think of ,
there is no real need to use fluoride toothpaste if you eat properly and get all your nutritions.

a good alternative is xylitol

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I don't think you need fluoride, I googled your problem and it seems as if the acids are stripping away your enamel. Nighttime teeth grinding can be a problem too.

Can you purchase fluoride-free toothpastes or brush your teeth with baking soda or salt.

Don't brush too hard, only lightly with a soft bristle.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
thats cool i want transparent teeth

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What ever happened to Calcium?

When I was a kid we were all told that calcium is good for your teeth and bones. I'm not sure when the world changed its mind but the advice changed sometime from calcium to fluoride.

Perhaps try a calcium supplement with vitamin D to help absorb the calcium.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater

When I was a kid we were all told that calcium is good for your teeth and bones. I'm not sure when the world changed its mind but the advice changed sometime from calcium to fluoride.

Good point, I remember my mom and dad keep saying I needed to drink my milk because of the calcium..

I eat eggshells, full of calcium...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

i have this. its called flouritis; unless theres an opposite that does the same i'm sure its this.

i got it because i used too much flouride when i was a kid, tasted delicious, but the side effect can be a little odd, pretty much just makes staining look worse, sensitivity issues. not too big of a problem.

how transparent are they? if its too bad i'd get it checked out

(mum is a hygenist, spent my childhood in dentist offices, lol)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
My understanding is that fluoride kills bacteria so it is safe in Toothpaste because you spit it out.It is it's addition to water that may or may not be harmful ,as it is ingested.I use flouride toothpaste , i rarely drink the water and my teeth are fine.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The method that fluoride works through is ionic exchange, and a form of calcium combination.

The fluoride in water mixes with saliva and polarizes.

The Fluoride Ions combine with calcium in your enamel, and attract other calcium atoms to the site of the fluoride.

This changes the surface layer of your teeth from Calcium, to Fluorite.

(As well as other parts of your body)

en.wikipedia.org...

Transparency of your teeth would not be a result of fluoride deficiency, as the ordinary material of your teeth (Calcium) is opaque, and cannot be rendered transparent, except by its thickness, such as in the case of Edge (Incisal) transparency.

Incisal Translucency is actually quite normal in most mammals, especially the young ones.

It is not caused by dietary or hygiene deficiency in any way, and is completely healthy.

-Edrick

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here's how to reverse tooth decay using correct nutrition:

wholehealthsource.blogspot.com...

The best book on this is Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price, MS., D.D.S. who found that primitive cultures who switched to modern diets suddenly went from having perfect teeth to decayed teeth. You can restore your tooth health using the diets they used.

journeytoforever.org...

You need to have vitamin k2 mk4 from grass feed milk, beef or organs (not grain fed as most cows are), calcium, phosphorus, vitamin d and vitamin a.

High vitamin butter is one of the best sources of vitamin k2 mk4

Cod liver oil is one of the best sources of vitamin a and d.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Do you drink energy drinks or other beverages high in acid (Snapple, Powerade, sodas?) There have been a few studies showing what energy drinks can do to the enamel of your teeth, I'll have to see if I can find them.

I would go see a dentist, a visit by itself won't necessarily involve them using any fluoride just for a consult.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater

Good point, I remember my mom and dad keep saying I needed to drink my milk because of the calcium..

I eat eggshells, full of calcium...

I agree with the original suggestion to use calcium and vitamin D... but eat eggshells? Doesn't that hurt..? I didn't know you could digest them, I use eggshells in my garden for fertilizer.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Really that bad huh? Care to show proof of how bad your teeth are? I think its something else then the lack of fluoride. Why would this one time the Government would tell us the truth about health related issues???

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You live in amsterdam, we just went through winter. Probably have a vitamin D deficiency or possibly k2 as the other poster mentioned, supplement and/or get more sun

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have been flouride free for almost 2 years, and my enamel has actually regrown. No flouride in my water or tooth paste. My teeth are stronger now then they have ever been.

Do you consume a lot of acidic products? Like orange juice or soda?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
We've tried baking soda and salt for toothpaste and settled on garlic. Garlic burns your mouth but really gets rid of cavity forming bacteria. It is also more effective against infection than anti-biotics (Since I am not a doctor please refer to your AMA brainwashed doctor if you want "legal" AMA approved "acceptable medical practice" advice but use your own judgement and research the internet on what is harmful or helpful. Garlic is effective against super-bacteria that anti biotics can't kill. If you look at the internet you will find that garlic is amazing. Garlic in the air kills bacteria. Chopped onions are also helpful. Your doctors and dentists have been carefully brainwashed to accept the profitable remedies. And those that know better are run out of business. I made the disclamer above because I seem to be offering advice and the AMA has the political clout to prevent anyone from offering advise on medicine. So I am simply advising you to research this stuff yourself. Your health is worth it. We live in a dangerous world. You can't trust the "experts" or "professionals" any more. So do your research.
We've been putting chopped garlic on our food, cooked garlic doesn't do anything, and it's great.
Fluoride is a really really bad poison. You'll find it in tea and coffee and "extruded" foods like noodles. It majorly crumbles your teeth. It is a bi-product of aluminum manufacture and atomic waste. What they add to our water has lead and radioactive polonium. It is bad news. The ptb save a lot of money by selling it to your municipalities because it would be expensive to clean up enough to throw it into the water supply but they make exceptions, lower the standards, when it is added to your drinking water
Fluoride lowers your IQ by 20%. Destroys your thyroid and liver and causes cancer. It also makes you gain weight and lose drive. That's why it can be considered a "birth control" measure when added it to the popultations drinking water

[edit on 11-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Surprisingly, the AMA - American Medical Association, was against fluorine up until the mid 1940s.

From the 50's forward, they have gradually been tainted by political corporate monetary influence and now turn a blind eye to fluorine toxicity.

They editorialised about the toxicity matter in 1943.

What should be of a curious detail, it that they affirmed that at ONLY 1 PPM fluorine is considered a dose of intoxication.

Guess what is the current dose applied to water? Exact, or dangerously close, depending on your tap water intake.

The sources of fluorine intoxication are drinking water containing 1 part per million or more of fluorine

Read for yourselves, the 150-words extract/abstract.

CHRONIC FLUORINE INTOXICATION

And the fulltext I have uploaded to Scribd, with possibility of downloading the pdf.

Editorial - Chronic Fluorine Intoxication, Journal of the American Medical Association, September 18 1943, 123(3) 150-1

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sourdough4life

i agree get more sun eat fresher and drink fresher unsweetened goods and remember to spit out the toothpaste

don't bother with vits as they are crap, an orange white skin holds the key with vit c

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by Mdv2

Do you drink energy drinks or other beverages high in acid (Snapple, Powerade, sodas?) There have been a few studies showing what energy drinks can do to the enamel of your teeth, I'll have to see if I can find them.

I would go see a dentist, a visit by itself won't necessarily involve them using any fluoride just for a consult.

Not really. I consume about three cups of coffee a day, a glass of orange juice and a liter of herb tea and water. At night I primarily drink beer, whine occasionally bitter lemon or tonic, which I know are terrorizers of teeth.

Originally posted by Sourdough4life
You live in amsterdam, we just went through winter. Probably have a vitamin D deficiency or possibly k2 as the other poster mentioned, supplement and/or get more sun

I use vitamin and mineral supplements of which one contains 400 IU vitamin D. Being from Holland, a couple of times a week I eat diary products which should contain enough k2. Talking about the sun, that might be true. The sun is starting to shine regularly now the winter has passed by, so let's see how that will affect this. I will consider taking extra Cod Liver and/or Vitamin D supplements.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join