It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My teeth are becoming transparant, fluoride deficiency?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Acids can be damaging to teeth. Teas can be damaging as can vomit for those that often do so. Acidic foods can cause damage. The number of acid sources is quite long.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Glad to hear that in all likely hood it's not the lack of fluoride causing the tooth transparency. I've spent the last couple of days trying to find some non fluoride toothpaste, as I want to test out a theory that it will help with lucid dreaming. But no luck so far. Anyone know what kind of store I might find fluoride toothpaste in? (I live in Canada)

Acid can be detrimental to your enamel, especially if you drink or eat some right before brushing. It softens the enamel, and it's actually the brushing that removes it. For instance, orange juice with breakfast right before brushing is not good.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There are lots of claims that brushing damages enamel. It is more likely that eating foods damages enamel. Brushing damages the softer parts of the mouth, i.e. the gums.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I went through a bad stage where I was nearly starving myself then would binge and finally make myself sick...and repeat the pattern, did it for quite a while and I noticed my front teeth becoming slightly see through, so I put two and two together and when I got out of the cycle I pretty much noticed it hasn't got any worse since! though I do drink fizzy drinks through straws now also, just to be safe!

Not saying this is what you do! just saying what I thought the cause of it for me was!

Can be upsetting, know how you feel!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Glad to hear that in all likely hood it's not the lack of fluoride causing the tooth transparency. I've spent the last couple of days trying to find some non fluoride toothpaste, as I want to test out a theory that it will help with lucid dreaming. But no luck so far. Anyone know what kind of store I might find fluoride toothpaste in?

Typically CVS or Walgreens will carry Jason's Flouride Free Toothpaste. As will Harry Farmer's Market.

Jasons Flouride Free Toothpastes

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Don't come to ATS for medical advice.

It is well and good to discuss your medical condition here, but you should rely on medical professionals for advice and seek second and third opinions, if necessary.

Fluoride has been found to prevent dental caries. You stopped using fluoride and now you have a cavity.

You could search the medical literature for deaths related to fluoride use to see if the risk is worth it, or you could just have a chat with your dentist.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

With regards to the specific fluoride issue, many medical professionals are still unaware of the health effects and toxicology of it.

In the past, the AMA was well aware of where fluoride can be found, and held it with proper toxicological consideration.

More recently, TIME Magazine was among the first mainstream press to report it has negative consequences.

Note that it reported as unbiased as possible, fluoride is neurotoxic.

However, it had a slight bias by stating "Government studies support current fluoride levels in tap water".

Top 10 Common Household Toxins - Fluoride

What It Is: A form of the basic element fluorine

Found In: Toothpaste, tap water

Health Hazards: Neurotoxic and potentially tumorigenic if swallowed; the American Dental Association advises that children under 2 not use fluoride toothpaste

What You Should Know: Government studies support current fluoride levels in tap water, but studies on long-term exposure and cancers are ongoing

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
JJJtir, in the articles from 1943 that you linked to it was pointed out that children getting fluoride reduced cavities from 1/2 to 1/3. This inverse effect as they stated was experienced over many places where the tests were run.

According to Medscape

The problem is due to swallowing toothpaste instead of spitting and rinsing.

In 2006, the American Association of Poison Control Centers reported 22,168 exposures involving toothpaste with fluoride. Only 313 cases were actually treated in the emergency department. Moderate effects were seen in 45 cases. No cases of major adverse effects or death were reported.

The problem with very young children is the swallowing of the toothpaste.

It seems fluoride is like a lot of things. It is helpful when used properly, but improper use is dangerous.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

You can find fluoride free toothpaste at Save-on-foods. I dont think there are any Walgreens in Canada, I could be wrong though.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've had the same problem with my teeth. It was caused by too much phosphorus from a energy drink. It's not a lack of Fluoride. There are a few nutrients involved. Lack of Vit. D, Iodine, Calcium, Vit. K-2. Don't go crazy on Calcium, especially if you are thin and hyperactive or prone to muscle spazms.

Check this Cod liver oil, it's a good one.
www.vitacost.com...

Here's a good site for research.
www.vrp.com...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Sargoth]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thought fluoride was in rat poison its just bad if you ingest it .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join