It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why So Secretive?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by passingthought

Um, what?

That made no sense.

The word "Freemason" means we are speculative (and free) and are not literally operative stonemasons.

The "Free" part goes back to the admittedly idiotic time in history when only "free men" were allowed to join.

In modern times it alludes to the first question a candidate is asked, "Is this of your own free will and accord?" meaning no man can be coerced into joining.

I'm just speaking of my own experience with them.

I've had dealings with the minors on up the the 32nd degree, and they tend to rewrite too much for my taste.

I don't believe what I see on the History Channel and Discovery Channel about how they are a society of 'builders'. I do believe the shows where they are doctrined in the 'other side' of nature.

In my post I just indicated this cultures perspective towards my person specifically. They seem to meddle, and have a grudge against me for some reason. Fortunately, there existance in my location is somewhat minimal, and they are not much more than a nuisance.

FYI, I crossed the radar some years back (about 4-5 years ago), and this seems to be the stickler for them; the proverbial 'stone in the craw'.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join