It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird theory I have on information getting transferred from our universe to another.

page: 1,

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have a weird theory just throwing it out there. What if all our information we have gets transferred over to another plane of existence while we are still alive. Supposedly electrons appear and vanish in thin air. We do not know where they go because we can never see an electron just see its effects. So what if all the electrons in the world (including ours) are just continuously transferring information from this area of vibration to another plane of existence. Like someone on here said, we do not know the true inner nature of electrons or particles. So what if they are just some kind of information transference? Remember this is in skunk works for a reason. What do you guys think of this?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
LOL, I think you have a reasonable theory and one that would perfectly illustrate the mechanisms of the spiritual world.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Interesting theory, although I don't have any idea how you'd go about testing it.

Starred and flagged, maybe someone with a physics background could chime in?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is a theory that makes a very similar claim.

I am sure you have heard of quantum mechanics, yes? Well, there are several interpretations of quantum mechanics, or several ontological approaches to quantum mechanics. There is the Copenhagen interpretation, Bohm's interpretation, the Many Worlds interpretation, etc. etc. there are many.

My favorite is David Bohm's interpretation.

David Bohm's Interpretation makes the same predictions as the other interpretations, however the mathematical formalism of Bohm's theory is harder to work with, so by the principle of Occam's razor, more physicists naturally gravitate towards the Copenhagen interpretation. In addition, Bohm's theory would suggest that Quantum Mechanics is incomplete, and there is still work to be done on the theory itself. Ontologically, however, David Bohm's theory is very clear and also very interesting.

Basically, the universe is a giant hologram (a hologram is really a bunch of non-local interference patterns recorded on a piece of holographic film - when a laser is shone through the film, a 3D image forms) with an implicate order and an explicate order. The implicate order is the realm of the sub-quantum, and it is called the quantum potential (analogous to the vector potential of classical mechanics). This implicate order can be thought of as a different plane of existence, a higher dimension (or even a spiritual realm), and there also can be several further sub-levels or implicate orders. The explicate order is our 3D reality. Now, these two orders are constantly enfolding and unfolding into and out of each other, which explains such phenomena as an electron popping in and out of existence, entanglement, and the close-to-infinite amount of energy in a small region of space.

So in analogy to a hologram, the implicate order would be the non-local interference patterns on the holographic plate, and our reality would be the 3D holographic image.
The laser would be analogous to consciousness.

In this theory, the electrons in our reality that seem to be popping out of existence, are really enfolding into the implicate order, so in this way you can say they are transferring information to a different plane of existence.

Also, I wanted to mention that holograms have many unique properties. One of these properties is that no matter how many times you cut the holographic film up into pieces, each piece will contain the entire image of the whole : each part contains the whole. Now, because of these holographic properties, Bohm's theory (especially when taken with Karl Pribram's holonomic brain model which shows how the brain functions as a hologram) can explain a lot of controversial phenomena that others cannot (i.e. mental illness, psychic abilities, medical miracles, ghost sightings, OBE's, NDE's, etc.) so it is definitely interesting to look into.

Also worthy of mentioning, this each part contains the whole principle is found in many religions. Almost all eastern religions, and even western. For example, even in Christianity we find in the New Testament "The Kingdom of God is within you" and we find in both the Old and New Testaments "Ye are all little gods within the great God". Both of these examples imply the holographic recursiveness / fractal nature, or the "each part contains the whole" principle. We also happen to find this holographic principle in nature, specifically in mathematics - called phi, or the golden ratio. This number = 1.618033989... which is also the ratio of the whole to the larger as the larger is to the smaller, demonstrating the holographic property of recursion, has many unique mathematical properties in itself. It can also be represented as 1+1/1+1/1+1/1+1/1+1/1+1.... and so on to infinity, again demonstrating the holographic property of recursion. Phi is found all over nature and all over the universe, even still to this day making appearances in modern physics research, and has been known since the days of Ancient Greece through its contributions to aesthetics, and probably before that since it plays an important role in the construction of the Great Pyramids.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaMente

Thanks BellaMente. It is always good to have someone who majored in theoretical physics on this board. We need more of them

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think everyone agrees that electrons pop in and out of existence.

I would assume that they would carry some type of information with them, albeit in a more binary sense as a singular entity, and more detailed information in a larger sense.

I view the universe more as,, every particle is actually part of a super-particle, or a particle that exhibits super symmetry. These same particles don't just build our existence, they build multiple "existences". When they are not in our region for that brief moment of time, they are in another(multiple?) propagating their force.

Try imagining this the next time you meditate!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
There is a theory that makes a very similar claim.

I am sure you have heard of quantum mechanics, yes? Well, there are several interpretations of quantum mechanics, or several ontological approaches to quantum mechanics. There is the Copenhagen interpretation, Bohm's interpretation, the Many Worlds interpretation, etc. etc. there are many.

My favorite is David Bohm's interpretation.

David Bohm's Interpretation makes the same predictions as the other interpretations, however the mathematical formalism of Bohm's theory is harder to work with, so by the principle of Occam's razor, more physicists naturally gravitate towards the Copenhagen interpretation. In addition, Bohm's theory would suggest that Quantum Mechanics is incomplete, and there is still work to be done on the theory itself. Ontologically, however, David Bohm's theory is very clear and also very interesting.

Basically, the universe is a giant hologram (a hologram is really a bunch of non-local interference patterns recorded on a piece of holographic film - when a laser is shone through the film, a 3D image forms) with an implicate order and an explicate order. The implicate order is the realm of the sub-quantum, and it is called the quantum potential (analogous to the vector potential of classical mechanics). This implicate order can be thought of as a different plane of existence, a higher dimension (or even a spiritual realm), and there also can be several further sub-levels or implicate orders. The explicate order is our 3D reality. Now, these two orders are constantly enfolding and unfolding into and out of each other, which explains such phenomena as an electron popping in and out of existence, entanglement, and the close-to-infinite amount of energy in a small region of space.

So in analogy to a hologram, the implicate order would be the non-local interference patterns on the holographic plate, and our reality would be the 3D holographic image.
The laser would be analogous to consciousness.

In this theory, the electrons in our reality that seem to be popping out of existence, are really enfolding into the implicate order, so in this way you can say they are transferring information to a different plane of existence.

Also, I wanted to mention that holograms have many unique properties. One of these properties is that no matter how many times you cut the holographic film up into pieces, each piece will contain the entire image of the whole : each part contains the whole. Now, because of these holographic properties, Bohm's theory (especially when taken with Karl Pribram's holonomic brain model which shows how the brain functions as a hologram) can explain a lot of controversial phenomena that others cannot (i.e. mental illness, psychic abilities, medical miracles, ghost sightings, OBE's, NDE's, etc.) so it is definitely interesting to look into.

Also worthy of mentioning, this each part contains the whole principle is found in many religions. Almost all eastern religions, and even western. For example, even in Christianity we find in the New Testament "The Kingdom of God is within you" and we find in both the Old and New Testaments "Ye are all little gods within the great God". Both of these examples imply the holographic recursiveness / fractal nature, or the "each part contains the whole" principle. We also happen to find this holographic principle in nature, specifically in mathematics - called phi, or the golden ratio. This number = 1.618033989... which is also the ratio of the whole to the larger as the larger is to the smaller, demonstrating the holographic property of recursion, has many unique mathematical properties in itself. It can also be represented as 1+1/1+1/1+1/1+1/1+1/1+1.... and so on to infinity, again demonstrating the holographic property of recursion. Phi is found all over nature and all over the universe, even still to this day making appearances in modern physics research, and has been known since the days of Ancient Greece through its contributions to aesthetics, and probably before that since it plays an important role in the construction of the Great Pyramids.

Nicely put. When I was a kid, I imagined that the body was some type of receiver, with the brain as the antenna, and the soul is a detached entity, merely interpreting the signals that the brain sends it. Pretty simplistic but interesting that I would think that at a young age.

On another note, I don't know if that girl in the show "Numbers" is based on you, but if she is, they need to get a hotter actress.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
There is a theory that makes a very similar claim...

EXCELLENT post, thanks BellaMente! I know I'm not supposed to do a single line reply, but really, posts like this are the reason I come to ATS. Are you a proper physicist?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thank you all for your warm comments.

I am still going through my training.

Actually, when it comes to theoretical physics, I don't think there ever is an end to your training.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Oh and by the way guys, I wanted to add that there is an interesting book out there that deals with David Bohm's quantum mechanics and Karl Pribram's holonomic brain model together and the new paradigm that it implies.

The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot.

It is more of a philosophical book, it first describes the basics of Bohm's and Pribram's ideas and the implications in layman terms, and then it goes on to describe the controversial phenomena I mentioned according to the theory, things like miracles, mental illnesses, lucid dreams, hallucinogenic drugs, OBE's, NDE's, ufo's, psychic abilities, ghosts, etc. It is not very technical, and it does not contain any math whatsoever lol.

For the record, I have lent it to each philosophy teacher I ever had and they loved it!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaMente

One of my real life mates recommended it to me months ago, and on Wednesday this week I got hold of a copy and started reading it. There's a lovely bit of synchronicity there?
Brilliant.

Thanks Bella.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh wow look at that!

I guess you were destined to read about this stuff, huh?

lol

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

It sounds like you have been reading too many fictional books or watching too many fictional movies. I have an open mind though and can see that there might be some type of credit due to your thinking.

Quantum Theory or Quantum Mechanics is just a couple of words that people throw out there to impress other people when a lot of stuff that can't be explained or scientifically backed up in an easy manner is discussed.

Information and electrons popping in and out of existence and reappearing somewhere else? Possible.

Edgar Cayce seemed to get a lot of strange information from somewhere else, the kind of somewhere else that was not of our regular known dimension.

top topics

join