It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda: We'll blitz World Cup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Typical.... the Americans know they are going to get towled up in the Group stages by England so they send in Al Qaeda to sort us out

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Which is why I'm thinking that it might not be Al-Qaeda releasing this threat. Wouldn't it be more effective if you didn't warn the world what you were about to do?

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself .

The effectiveness of `terrorism` is in the fear it sows in the minds of your enemy. A simple pronouncement such as this costs al Qaeda nothing , but already you can bet its adding millions to the price of securing venues even further.

I think this message is going to achieve its goal , maximum discomfort and disruption for Western Nations with the inevitable spiralling economic headache.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

You only have to look at the empty threats made on the German elections, and yet nothing materialised... you;d think there would be similar threats made on the British elections and yet, not a peep... tho we do now have a threat against the English football fans!

Personally I think this is just to keep the anger levels up with the constant pointing of fingers at Muslims.. But if an attack did take place it would be innocent muslims that would have to deal with the backlash.. I feel quite sure creating deeper divisions is something some corners seem to be promoting.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'll just say...There is the "All the Americans are worried about is American Idol...take away that and they will riot more than any major political scandal" phrase. Well for the UK, that's true for football. Disrupt the world cup to get peoples' attention. Or the majority of males 15-50 anyway...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Anticipation of death is worse than death itself .

The effectiveness of `terrorism` is in the fear it sows in the minds of your enemy. A simple pronouncement such as this costs al Qaeda nothing , but already you can bet its adding millions to the price of securing venues even further.

I think this message is going to achieve its goal , maximum discomfort and disruption for Western Nations with the inevitable spiralling economic headache.

Precisely. This is a win win for al Qaeda. If they do succeed, its maximum damage in all capacities. If they don't succeed its still damage in terms of huge security costs (someone has to pay this) yet alone the psychological advantage.

Securing this event would be no different than the olympics, it can be done but again with a massive bill and inconveniences.

On a side note, this source is garbage, worthy of hanging off the roll in an outhouse.
brill

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, there are a few possibilities --
(this is a conspiracy web site folks...)

1. By announcing a possible terror attack, the terrorists have already succeeded a little. People are worried, governments have to spend mega-bucks on additional security, etc. Any wrench put into people's daily way of life is a small win for terrorism. Plus, all eyes will be on the World Cup which may leave other targets completely open and available. A possible shell game if you will.

2. Civil unrest in South Africa. The Taliban and al-Qaida have been said to be setting up shop in Africa already. With the current tensions rising in the regions already, it wouldn't take much for an actual civil "war" to breakout and as such would be divided into black and white. The Taliban would have much to gain by also securing the southern tip of Africa. A possible deal may be able to be made between the "unhappy and poorer" black population & the Taliban versus the "richer white" population.

3. Since the US is going to be there, and a threat was made, I am fairly certain that the US will use this to beef up our own security -- we tend to think we can protect our citizens (and everybody else for that matter) better than anyone else. (not saying it's true....speaking about the mentality only). This would allow the United States to have a much larger presence in South Africa -- justified by protecting the games from terrorists -- and at the same time allow a direct monitoring and / or intervention in the case of civil unrest.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
oh come on, there is no way terrorists are going to penetrate the World Cup.

Al-Qaeda doesn't even exist anyway, aside from the CIA plants.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have always thought that this particular world gathering would be the easiest target for a terrorist attack. I don't mean the World Cup, I mean the World Cup2010 in South Africa.

Hosts nations for the previous major events since the 90's would have been a lot harder to infiltrate the security with the exception of the '03 Cricket World Cup.

There are too many staging and training areas on the continent as there several hotbeds of Muslim extremism there. Access to the country itself I would assume would be a bit easier and with the influx of spectators for the games, their chance of slipping through would be even greater.

I hope nothing happens but this has been the one international event that I thought if they were going to, would be the easiest to hit.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousproxy
If they target English supporters and USA supporters but i am speaking for the English i can guarantee you every middle eastern Arab who is a Muslim in the UK will be a target by every conceivable religion and race except Muslims.

Their picking a wrong fight.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by anonymousproxy]
if England is attacked Britain will erupt and nothing will stop the English man when he wants vengeance....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
NOOOOOOO!!!!

What is it with these people?
Don't they realize what a bunch of party poopers they are?
Together with the neocon privatized wars against them they're ruining everything that's good in this world!

It's hard for me to believe they aren't part of a larger agenda than 'jihad'...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If anything like that was to happen then, what would they expect to follow?
Exactly what the government planned.
Enciting racial tensions leading to something on a whole new level, therefore making another step towards their goal. Using us as the puppets, all fighting with eachother so they can gain more control.
"AL-QAEDA"? How do we actually really know they even exist really? Because we were told?
Sorry im out the box again

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Judging by the behavior of the average British soccer fan this may not be such a bad thing, that herd definitely needs some thinning.

Why is it you can take your kids to a football game here in the US, and all the fans from both teams sit together, while over there they actually kill each other

As for the Al Quaeda threat, it's just so much smoke, terrorism is primarily the threat of action, not the action itself.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Surely you'd be more surprised if there HADN'T been a threat of terrorism at a large global media heavy event? Same was said last World Cup, and during the Euro's two years a go and nothing happened.

Be all means, it'd be stupid to dismiss this, but there's several things more likely happen than Taliban FC turning up.
One of which being the increasing racial tensions brewing in Africa. Or even the fact that theres 1 million tickets still available for the World Cup, which must be VERY worrying for FIFA.

EDIT:

Also this ancient prejudice against 'English Soccer Hooligans' is pretty sicken. I'd like to see some links to back up this claims, from recent times not the 80s, otherwise you should all be ashamed of yourself for being so discriminating.

Of course US don't have Soccer violence, oh no...

soccer.suite101.com...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Chriswok]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Why is it you can take your kids to a football game here in the US, and all the fans from both teams sit together, while over there they actually kill each other

Because its a game for sissies who can only take out their aggressions off the field. On the field most seem to fall down like they've been shot.

brill

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
with hundreds of matches played since 9/11, most of which having over a 70,000 crowd capacity i'm just surprised its not happened here in the UK. I mean there's no checkpoints, bags are rarely checked (if at all), and there's the added effect of crowd-crush if anything did occur.

I'm surprised its not been exploited (either by "terrorists" or a false flag ops) already. But then again Football is the national business and keeps the money lining the pockets of the elites at the top.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Originally posted by Retseh

Because its a game for sissies who can only take out their aggressions off the field. On the field most seem to fall down like they've been shot.

brill

ahh so you must be a fan of the suspect sport where the players are so soft they have to wear pads and have a team of 20+ people on it due to players bieng over weight and not able to last an entire game...

bottom line is everyone is passionate about something and we English love our Football and the right to live in our country without bieng told by a sect of religious zealots that what we belive and do is wrong....

Let the CIA and their muslim B team do their worst but they will only make it harder for themselves in the UK.....

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Its because of things like this that i couldnt give less of a # about "profiling"

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't even know what FIFA were thinking when they decided to go ahead with South Africa. There have been threats and security concerns from Day 1. I've seen all of those Beijing and Vancouver conspiracies but there really aren't that many for South Africa.

I think its going to be way too easy to target.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join