It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal downloaders face life net ban

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I use AES 512 Encryption on all my Operating Systems , if I wan't to DL some Copyrighted Material off the Net , I would have no problem doing so . Good Luck trying to Find Out what it was too Big Brother..........
You need to learn something

It doesn't matter what you're downloading. Your isp can see it all

it's called Man-in-the-middle attack

Someone isn't doing their homework. They can see what's in that data while you're downloading it.

Because when you download info it is also downloaded to your isp - NEVER KNEW THAT NOW DID WE?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingdom of darkness

Interesting . but how Viligant are they in sorting through all that information when they have Millions of Customers to Track ? Doesn't seem quite an easy task unless they have an Army of Tech Trackers working 24/7 sifting through all that Data .

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
unless the have an Army of Tech Trackers working 24/7 sifting through all that Data .
What do you think?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingdom of darkness

I think in this Economy they are few in number , Over Worked , Over Tasked , and Over Blown ...........

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i just don't see how they could ever enforce this... there are a lot of anonymous ways to connect to the internet... prepaid mobile phones, unsecure wireless networks, free wifi hotspots on airports, fast-foods, etc... just what are they going to do, place a policeman in front of every KFC checking people's IDs?

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Naphariel]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdom of darkness
You need to learn something
It doesn't matter what you're downloading. Your isp can see it all
it's called Man-in-the-middle attack
Someone isn't doing their homework. They can see what's in that data while you're downloading it.
Because when you download info it is also downloaded to your isp - NEVER KNEW THAT NOW DID WE?

Ok, this is really starting to get retarded.
First, you have to understand the sheer volume of what you think your talking about. Then you have to understand that there are already laws in place that forbid an ISP from copying all of the data to your system without a warrant.

Even IF they had the infrastructure to actually do what you think they can do, the ISP could not do it without violating several federal wiretapping laws.
It is possible to put a filter on a specific line, after the ISP has been provided a warrant, but that isn't the same as what you claim they can do to all of their clients at once.

If you use a proxy server or a download accelerator provided by your ISP they they would have a copy of the downloaded material. The Old "At Home" network functioned in this capacity. The man in the middle attack is ENTIRELY different, to refer to it here is just silly.

The material you download, be it ATS, or a shared MP3 or video passes through your ISP, not to them and then to you, BIG difference.

..Ex

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

so is streaming a video deemed to be illegal on the user side? Surely you are not technically downloading any material?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

" The material you download, be it ATS, or a shared MP3 or video passes through your ISP, not to them and then to you, BIG difference. "

Thanks for Clearing that up . Seems there is alot of misinformation about this proposal .

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
F Them. Do what I do, download whatever you want, and don't share anything. Avoid sites like LimeWire or any other sharing network that can be given access into your system.

I am signed up with Roadrunner Records email list and they have sent me like 18 or so free mp3s. That is another way to get around this. See if your favourite record companies have email sign up lists. You'll get info, free mp3's, upcoming concert tik info before the general public. Roadrunner Records in late 2008 sent me as an xmas gift the entire mp3 album Roadrunner Records Annual Assault 2008. 17 tracks by 17 acts.

I have a long standing agreements with Roadrunner Records, Nuclear Blast Records, Century Media Entertainment that I can have any mp3 I want as long as I do not sell, distribute, share any mp3 and absolutely cannot giveaway any mp3 from my list. Unfortunately I cannot speak about how and why these agreements exist as well as how it came to be and what the initial items were over, and cannot elaborate further.

Also, as long as you own roughly 80%+ (say you own 10 of the artists 12 albums and all releases on pre recorded) of that artists major release catalouge you can download the single album you don't own on pre recorded format as long as you don't sell, distribute, share or giveaway the mp3s.

"They" in that regards cannot and will not touch me.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

[edit on 18-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They cannot ban everybody.

Just ignore this bull.

If they turn you off, you can get payg dialup anyway, or get another person to get an account.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
So they'll what? Blacklist a name and force ISPs to not take a customers money and provide them with a service? Threaten to sue if the user is allowed service?

How exactly do you ban someone from the internet and why am I not surprised they'll write up laws to favor the recording and entertainment industries before even thinking of banning the "rampant sexual predators" from the internet.

have manufacturers build in mandatory biometric permission access.
fingerprint/eye-retinal reader etc..

then again .. if you ban people who knows what would happen..
might get some nasty people taking people's thumbs and eyeballs .. or forcing people at kinfe/gun point to log on and do their bidding online.

creates more problems if you ask me.

-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join