It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ghost of General Eisenhower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The Ghost of General Eisenhower

en.wikipedia.org

In 1945, the Kennedy family gave the castle and its grounds to the National Trust for Scotland (thus avoiding inheritance tax). In doing so, they stipulated that the apartment at the top of the castle be given to General Dwight Eisenhower in recognition of his role as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during the Second World War.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I took this photo of Culzean Castle on 7th October 2009 while on a family holiday. Just recently I was using the photo as an example when showing a friend some photoshop techniques.

When giving the picture some closer inspection we noticed a figure in on of the castles windows. It bares a striking resemblance to the famous General Dwight David Eisenhower who had residence at this castle after the second world war.

Situated on the South Ayrshire coast, just off the A719, Culzean Castle is located 12 miles south of Ayr and 4 miles west of Maybole.

My first pic here has been magnified and sharpened in photoshop to enhance the figure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d93b3c4c8fa5.jpg[/atsimg]

The second one is the original pic for closer analysis.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f367510d71d5.jpg[/atsimg]

The following pics are of General Eisenhower at Culzean Castle and in nearby Maybole.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27fa5bbff986.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fb5442aa8f6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cded13533f0d.jpg[/atsimg]

Its quite a spooky picture. Does anyone else agree?

I would love to have some proper analysis done on the photo. If anyone needs the full quality original I can email it no problem. Msg me or contact me on facebook/captainsib

Thanks ATS

en.wikipedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well IMHO i looked at your photo and I can't see any resemblance of Dwight D.

All I see are curtains moved to one side, with no one there
at least I think no one is there.

The picture is to pixilated to make out an image of a person/ghost.

Awesome looking Castle though and thanks for the info, i didn't know Dwight was in that castle.

I'm sure he's seen other ones since he is Illuminati.

good post

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the response Quickfix.

Here is the link to the original pic. You can zoom far better with this.

www.megaupload.com...

I had problems uploading this to ATS media.

Let me know what you think.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I cannot speak for anyone else,

But when I hear the words "castle" "ghost" "photoshop" inferred in the same sentence a red flag is raised.

BS sensor is beeping!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, I downloaded the original and sorry to say... I don't really see a figure in the window. It is a bit of an odd shape but no figure.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I tried to Download the file as well and came up with some weird popup website came up with a toolbar add.

Oh well, still a cool castle.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Strange. Megaupload is usually quite good for hosting files. I realise it would seem dodgy mentioning photoshop but I was just trying to be honest.

How else would I have stumbled upon a tiny detail in the photo?

The original pic has all the exif data intact to prove there was no tampering.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by conjunktionman

No offence but it seems fake to me.

btw here is the picture zoomed in a little bit more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9814df321ab0.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm no expert in photos hoping or anything but why is there different colors around him, specifically in that one little area.

To me he clearly looks like he has been added in to me.

Also this is something I’m unsure about so people do please enlighten me here but Invert the colors and he practically dissapears for some reason?? ...Not sure if this is something to do with pictures being edited as such but i found that interesting so anyone who does deal with photo shopping please do enlighten me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02b6afd89065.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I see precisely what you're referring to. And as for the others who claim to see nothing... their existence is nothing more than the role of a cold wet towel. Show them a picture of a Rolls Royce and they'll try and convince everyone that they're looking at an Edsel. It's a sickness with some people.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

No offence but it seems fake to me.

btw here is the picture zoomed in a little bit more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9814df321ab0.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm no expert in photos hoping or anything but why is there different colors around him, specifically in that one little area.

To me he clearly looks like he has been added in to me.

Also this is something I’m unsure about so people do please enlighten me here but Invert the colors and he practically dissapears for some reason?? ...Not sure if this is something to do with pictures being edited as such but i found that interesting so anyone who does deal with photo shopping please do enlighten me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02b6afd89065.jpg[/atsimg]

Hi Rising Against

I appreciate your enthusiasm in debunking my ghost pic. However all your efforst have been concentrated on the wrong area of the photo. If you look at the window to the right of the zoomed in area, there seems to be a figure standing.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

No my friend the reason I have concentrated on that “specific part” is because in my opinion there is absolutely nothing in the window that you’re referring to at all.

So I’ve posted my previous post on the only thing in that picture which I can see which is remotely out of place.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix

I see precisely what you're referring to. And as for the others who claim to see nothing... their existence is nothing more than the role of a cold wet towel. Show them a picture of a Rolls Royce and they'll try and convince everyone that they're looking at an Edsel. It's a sickness with some people.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Given I spend 8 hours a day in Photoshop I'm pretty good at picking up on anomalies.

Ad-hominem attacks aren't needed.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAmongstMen

You're looking at the wrong window, for crying out loud.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm seeing curtains

No resemblance

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by KingAmongstMen

You're looking at the wrong window, for crying out loud.

I realised that yesterday after seeing a few screenshots. But that's the point. Just because people make mistakes doesn't mean they're stubborn skeptic type morons. People see what they want to see.

As it happens, in the close ups I still see nothing. Well, i do see a figure, but nothing more. Just lighting anomylies(sp).

I see no Generals, just a blurred figure.

To say its anything more than an odd shadow is a MASSIVE leap of faith. So there's no need to personally attack those who don't see anything.

Granted your comment was no doubt came from a good perspective, nobody else is making ad-hominem attacks. Even those who see nothing have done nothing more than state their opinion. Where as you've mocked and tried to character-attack those of us who don't see an imaginary ghost.

We're all adults, lets try and be mature is what I'm saying. It doesn't matter what people see or don't see, there's no need to slander those with an opposing view point. It's kids stuff mate.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Either that or they really don't see a ghost in the picture.... Lighten up... For there to be a true discussion on an issue you have to allow for all sides to speak up.... if you don't then you come up with biased results, and we don't want that now do we?

Now before I go into what I think about this picture I want to point out before I am accused of not believing in ghosts, that I am a firm believer in ghosts having witnessed several myself... I even have numerous threads about my experiences posted right her on ATS. I have studied the phenomena for years and do know a bit of what I am talking about, so please do not just poo poo my thoughts simply because they are not in line with yours.

That said, back to the OP. I am looking at the picture and I see the anomaly you are referring to. In my honest opinion I do not see a ghost standing in that window... It appears almost as if the curtains are caught on something so they are pulled back which allows us to see a bit into that room.

I am not seeing any resemblance to any human figure, though I can understand why you are thinking Eisenhower. Apparently you are looking at this thing as the face and bald head of the man...

It truly looks to me as though the curtain is pulled back/caught on something and the way it is resting is creating the illusion of something being there when, there really is nothing to see.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

new topics

top topics

join