It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A break-up demand in Latin from the Knights Templar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Recently, a friend of mine at work told me about her breakup with her boyfriend, who is also a coworker of mine. They dated in secret, she says, because he was afraid the Knights Templar would find out about their relationship. He told her that our workplace is filled with Knights Templar, so even at work they had to be very careful (although their flirting was obvious to me!). According to her, he is a member of the Knights Templar and apparently worried that they would disapprove of their relationship because she is not Catholic, but a Buddhist (which is rather unusual here - I live in Mexico).

Eventually the Knights found out. After several stressful days in which he recounted the amount of pressure he was under to leave her, she received a note from the Knights Templar... in Latin! I wouldn't have believed her, but she showed me the note, and it looked very official. She asked someone to translate it for her, and it essentially said that she was unworthy of his affection and that she was forbidden to see him. He stopped all communication with her, and two months later married another woman.

She lost her job shortly after they broke up (before he got married). I can attest to the fact that she was not the best employee ever, but she thinks she was fired because the Knights Templar want to keep her far away from her ex-boyfriend.

The whole ordeal has understandably scared her. Something about it is very weird. Sometimes I wonder if he isn't just a very bad man who somehow meesed with her head. She now believes that someone from the organization is "haunting" her, and she is seeking help from a witch to stop the haunting.

This is the strangest thing I've ever heard. After hearing the story, I immediately began researching the organization, but have only been able to find information about Freemasons, a group that it seems the Knights Templar are a part of. It seems to me that Masons wouldn't behave this way, because they believe in freedom of religion.

Are Knights Templar different from Freemasons with regard to freedom of religion? Are any of you Knights Templar? Have any of you had relationships with Knights Templar? Is this common Knights Templar behavior? And finally - have any of you ever heard of something like this?

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Estrella]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I believe that the Knights Templar are a degree of the York Rite bodies of Freemasonry but I am sure somebody that is in York Rite will give you a better answer shortly. Are you sure she is not talking about the Catholic organization Knights of Columbus? The whole story sounds screwy even for them, it sounds more like the boy was just playing her until he got married and made up the story to make it easy to break up.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by KingSolomon]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingSolomon
it sounds more like the boy was just playing her until he got married and made up the story to make it easy to break up

I wonder the same thing. The strange thing is that he isn't a boy. They are both in their 30s. If he just made all this up, it is almost scarier, because grown men don't do things like that. She is an incredibly bright woman, so it is hard for me to understand how, if it isn't true, he managed to make her believe such a crazy story - and to scare her to death and break her heart all at the same time.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Can you get a copy of the letter transcribed and posted here ?
I'm sure someone would be able to translate it. I'd even give it a go myself, although my Latin is very rusty.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks for offering. I'll try to think of a way to politely get the letter from her, but I'm not sure there is a way, because I probably would be too nosy. Since she told me about the haunting, my husband advised me to stay away from her and everyone else involved, because nothing about this situation sounds safe or sounds like something I should get involved in. I have followed his advice and have distanced myself from her, so I don't know how I can call her up and casually ask for the letter. However, I would love to get it and have you translate it for me! I'll try to figure out a way...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Knights Templar are a fraternal order of Royal Arch Masons dedicated to the principles of chivalry and knightly honor. We are not Roman Catholics...it was the Catholic Church that persecuted the Order in the first place, burning at the stake the Order�s leaders.
Nor do we care about who marries whom, or what religion people outside the Order subscribe to.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
But... there are other orders who refer to themselves as Knights Templar. I don't know the number, but I believe there are actually quite a few. If you look on Google (and wade through the historical material), you'll see quite a few listed.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Tell her not to worry about them knights of Templar poon tangs, there a bunch of weenies who need to get a -never mind. I'm sure it'll make her feel better though. There probably just creeps, tell her to take a self defense class, and try and get that letter, I can help with the translation.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm impressed, that's quite a tale to spin to get someone in the sack. Ranks right up there with Scott Peterson telling his mistress that his wife had died, weeks before she actually did.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estrella
...They are both in their 30s. If he just made all this up, it is almost scarier, because grown men don't do things like that...

Oh but they do...

Originally posted by Bleys
Ranks right up there with Scott Peterson telling his mistress that his wife had died, weeks before she actually did.

See

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Knights Templar are a fraternal order of Royal Arch Masons dedicated to the principles of chivalry and knightly honor. We are not Roman Catholics...it was the Catholic Church that persecuted the Order in the first place, burning at the stake the Order�s leaders.
Nor do we care about who marries whom, or what religion people outside the Order subscribe to.

Fiat Lvx.

Masonic Light, thanks. That's exactly what I understood about the Knights Templar. It's one of the many reasons the story seemed so strange to me. Just out of curiosity, do Knights Templars care about the religion of the people in the Order? Would it bother them if a brother was with a woman who openly questions the Christian faith? Would an American Knight Templar discourage a brother from marrying a Buddhist who converted from Christianity, for example?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I'm impressed, that's quite a tale to spin to get someone in the sack. Ranks right up there with Scott Peterson telling his mistress that his wife had died, weeks before she actually did.

Yes... I'm not sure which is scarier... if what he told her was true, or if what he told her was false. Either way, I'm definitely staying away from him!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
From what I know of them, the Knights don't particularly care what religious affiliation their members hold. The same goes for the Masons. Whoever these people are, they don't seem to be 'true' Templar Knights.

They may call themselves Knights but are they really ? They certainly don't appear to hold with the standards of chivalry.

Maybe they are some corrupt offshoot or a completely different order.
I would be inclined to believe the latter.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I believe the Masonic degree of the Knights Templar, that ML belongs to, only allows those of the christian faith. Thats to be a Templar, however, they are often in the company of masons and family members that aren't christian. They speak for their order, not outside it.

Its kinda strange that they would write to this lady in latin though, since about 1% of our nation knows how to read latin. My guess is the guy dupped her. Married 2 months later? That guy had her and another on the side the whole time.

Trust me, some guys WILL do stuff like that.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Very true Darktalon. Thats why we need to see the letter.
Personally I think its either some self-obsessed 'Templar-wannabe' group or someone who is just playing around.
The thing is, I guarantee that if this person met a real Templar Knight, he'd shyte himself. A real Knight wouldn't put up with some gob#e giving his order a bad name.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
As a Knight Templar in Scotland I know about this order. The KT or preceptory as it is known does not do such things, no order in masonary does. It is up to the members of any masonic order to get married or not to get married. It is their choice and thier choice alone.

Gerard

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

do Knights Templars care about the religion of the people in the Order?

To become a Knight Templar, a Brother must state on his application that he is a Christian, although this term is not expressly defined. The logic behind this requirement is that the ceremonies of the Order are of a Christian nature, and would not be meaningful to non-Christians.

Would it bother them if a brother was with a woman who openly questions the Christian faith? Would an American Knight Templar discourage a brother from marrying a Buddhist who converted from Christianity, for example?

No. I myself am a Knight Templar, as I consider myself to be a Christian mystic. But in like manner, I�ve been interested in Buddhism for many years, having practiced Zen in my late teens and early 20�s. There is a congregation of Pali Buddhists in my city I sometimes visit, and I go to weekend meditation retreats there several times per year.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, especially Masonic Light, for your helpful responses. It certainly does sound like he is just an immature man who played a strange and unkind game with her.

One last question, however. I was re-reading part of a book I got about Masonry to learn about it once I realized that the Knights Templar are part of Masonry. It looks like the Knights Templar are an American organization, not an international organization. Is that correct? Gerard, you say you have Knights Templar in Scotland, so it sounds like my book may be wrong. Do you know if there is a group that is part of your organization in northern Mexico? If not, could you tell me how to find out?

The reason I ask is because I live in Mexico, not the US. If we have Knights Templar here, and if the well-known group is American and/or European, it could be very possible that our Knights Templar are a very different sort than your Knights Templar.

I still haven't called my friend. I feel a bit guilty calling her to post her note on the internet... But I really do want to know what it says, and would love to hear what you all make of it. My husband would not approve of my getting too involved with this situation. Hmmm... to be nosy or to be a good friend and honest wife... what a typically feminine problem!

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Estrella]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There are indeed other Templar groups around. I am in contact with the
Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem or SMOTJ for short. They are approxaimtley 5,000 strong. They would not use such techniques - especially letters in Latin.

As a psychologist I think that someone was playing with her head initially claiming to be a Templar and then used it as an out ...especially since he married some a few months later. Doesn't sound too chivalress to me.

www.smotj.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Recently, a friend of mine at work told me about her breakup with her boyfriend, who is also a coworker of mine. They dated in secret, she says, because he was afraid the Knights Templar would find out about their relationship. He told her that our workplace is filled with Knights Templar, so even at work they had to be very careful (although their flirting was obvious to me!). According to her, he is a member of the Knights Templar and apparently worried that they would disapprove of their relationship because she is not Catholic, but a Buddhist (which is rather unusual here - I live in Mexico).

Okay, Knights Templar is an order of Masons, right? The Catholic Church frowns on Masonry, right?
So, why is this group against the woman for NOT being Catholic? Sounds to me like that man is either mentally or morally mixed up.
Another possibility: could it be Knights of Columbus?

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join