It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero who helped rescue tot is found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Hero who helped rescue tot is found

today.msnbc.msn.com

A French tourist who rescued a toddler who fell into New York's East River says he didn't think twice about diving in to save the girl.

Two-year-old Bridget Sheridan fell off a gangplank at the South Street Seaport museum Saturday. Her father, David Anderson, says she slipped through guardrails when he averted his eyes to adjust his camera.

Julien Duret, of Lyon, France, jumped into the water. Anderson followed closely behind. Duret scooped up the girl and gave her to her father.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I thought this was a nice thing to share; that people still do great things for each other despite differences.

The other day, this guy saved this girls life, then jumped in a cab, never seeking any type of recognition.

Absolutety awesome!

Now that is definitely one great thing to do!

today.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Hi!

A great post in a forum that can sometimes be negative, depressing and bleak!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm not that great of a swimmer, but would have done the same thing.
Children's, as adults, lives are precious.

God Bless this Hero.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That's nice - good reminder to stay fit and healthy, never know when you may have to take an unplanned dip, or go for a run, or climb a tree to escape maundering zebra's... Ok not the last one maybe.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

This was exaclty the reason I posted this article, to show, we can help eachother!

Its a simple choice!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I was wondering if they would find this guy. What he did was amazing and I hope anyone else wouldn't hesitate to do what he did. I know I would jump in and at least try.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Awesome!

I love reading about stuff like this. It cheers me up so much.

Thanks for sharing this good news.

Star and flag.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Striker122]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
He's not just a hero. But a champion.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
WHO CARES!

The man is a hero in my book and my post is not intended as a slight to him or his deed. I'd cheerfully shake his hand and buy him a few beverages of his choice. I'd consider it an honor.

What I am referring to is his being tracked down like an escaped prisoner. The man did what he did and it was his choice in leaving like he did. To me that was his right. What gives the media the right to hunt him down? I don't feel that the media has the right to violate his privacy like it has.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

who cares!

That Little girl and that family!!

That is who cares!!!!

This was the reason again to focus on the good, to many ATS members have little compasion and take for granted what can be gone in a blink of an eye!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What I am referring to is his being tracked down like an escaped prisoner.

Exactly!

If he'd wanted notoriety he'd a stuck around.

Some people don't want limelight - would do anything to stay out of it. They just don't want their lives to change after they've done something 'good'... Or they have VERY GOOD reasons for not wanting to be fingered.

I hope the hounding of the press/police doesn't discourage the Good Samaritans of the future.

peace

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The truth is spoken, I agree, but justy because the press found out doesn't mean the tracked him down like a prisoner!

Seriously.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

who cares!

That Little girl and that family!!

That is who cares!!!!

This was the reason again to focus on the good, to many ATS members have little compasion and take for granted what can be gone in a blink of an eye!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by theability]

How about reading my entire post?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A few years ago a local man pulled a handicapped woman out of her burning house. He then called 911 from his cell phone and reported the fire. He stayed with her until the paramedics got there and then left. The local media got his cell number from 911 and tracked the guy down. The next day's newspaper couldn't praise the guy enough. A few days later there's another story about the guy. It turns out that he had a drug problem and a criminal record from several years ago. There was no record of him doing anything since then, but, that didn't matter. Once people's imaginations started, the speculation began. It was inferred that he was doing everything from starting the fire to planning on robbing the house. It cost this guy his job, his home and any reputation that he had rebuilt.

I just hope that this guy doesn't have any skeletons in his past. I'd hate to see the same thing happen to him.

join