It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Of Science Is A Lie

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
what a great thread.

yes yes lets bash that which we dont understand and crush it! that may work at the local bar or when your with friends but science is your friend. Weather you like science or not science will be fixing your world, making things better.
Well with most science experiments there are no immediate results, lets look at our good buddy einstein. It took him probably what 10 years I think of having solar eclipses observed to confirm or deny his theory. Things dont happen right away like when you put sugar and cream in your coffee. See your a junior alchemist and didnt know it.

Put the shoe on the other foot. You guys have no problem attacking what you don't understand.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I swear dude starts out this thread saying ALL science is a lie... and to prove it, he throws out some science to make his point. If ALL science is a lie, then you are just lying to youself, with the scientific lies to prove it. The quality of some of these threads is just pathetic. Really, I am just shocked at the number of people who chose to engage in such a debate. A serious waste of disk and bandwidth.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The LHC is more directed to study better ways to make things and to better understand how the universe was created by using the most basic particles, protium.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

Originally posted by tektek2012
most science is based on math, math proves so much...is math a lie to you?

because if it is; well...sorry but while the things based on theories could be wrong, not all of it is. its not all completely understood.

now to the real stuff...you like jesus don't you?

I bet you will not tell an evolutionist that science is based on math. They will call you a liar.

Only if you asked them before the publishing of "Fractal Geometry of Nature" in 1982.

John Conways "Game of Life" also shows complexity evolving from simple rules and mathematics.

www.math.com...

However it should also be noted for the sake of argument that there have been several papers published on the mathematical impossibility/absurdity of evolution. Most fervently by noted astronomer Fred Hoyle.

The chance that higher life forms might have emerged in this way is comparable with the chance that 'a tornado sweeping through a junk yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein'. "Hoyle on Evolution" Nature November 12, 1981 p.105

home.wxs.nl...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
lol, quantum physics doesnt exist then right?

MAN, disinformation ...

you must not have anthing to do, thats just plain crazy ...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Tesla was the foremost biggest genius modern times has ever seen. Damn near everything is thanks to that one man. Tesla says there is an aether, and if he says so, then god dammit, the aether exist!

Makes sense as all examples of things that 'wave' only wave through a medium. Yet Einstein in all his infinite stupidity decided to take away the aether and screwed up physics for the last hundred years.

Perhaps Einstein was paid to take out Tesla's ether.
I don't see anyone going beyond sending electricity through wires.
One also encounters actual physical pressure as well and that puts
a big question about letting people 'go there'.

Tesla worked with the ether at Niagara Fall to transmit momentum from
rotating magnetism to wires the eventuality rotated motors miles away.
Tesla worked with ether inventing the radio.
Knowing full well the frequencies and methods predicted the multi
broadcasts of Digital TV channel -1 -2 -3 etc:

www.rastko.rs...

In such a system resonant amplification is the only one necessary
and the selectivity is so great that any desired number of separate
channels can be provided without going to waves shorter than a few
meters

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Isn’t one of Telsa's main theories that matter and energy is not the same thing gets debunked?? He has great theories, but theories like that makes it complicated to take all of Telsas theories to heart. I personally think Walter Russell is pure genuis.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I am kinda wondering what you mean by
"that doesn't change the distance electricity can go before dispersing"

I fail to see how your 'argument' proves Sirnex wrong.

Looking forward to translating your next reply

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yeah what is this ether?
Thats the question.
Some say JJ Thompson came close to Tesla in ether attributes saying
the ether holds momentum. This mention of JJ Thomposn is never
contradicted by Tesla as noted by Lyne.

There is more to the gaseous air/ether than the control Tesla put
on it in making his airship that is the supposed UFO airships that
do 90 degree turns.

What about the many reactions of atoms that react in this mixture.
The Hydrogen diatomic and mono atomic forms and transformation
that create a purported heat excess.
Does alpha particles become Helium atoms in a matter of seconds
and then become usable in engines such as the Papp.
Do gases like air take less energy to refreeze after an initial freezing
and thus allow a path to an over unity configuration.

Sailing around in a UFO airship using unknown air/ether qualities
has to be driven by an equally amazing and unknown energy source
of perhaps over unity design although not required as perhaps a
regular engine might work as well to power the ship.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is probably the best thread on ATS by far... poor deluded topic creator.

If only he knew that everything around him, look to your left look to your right, was created with science and mathematics. Stop driving your automobile, and certainly stop using the internet. Those are all lies. The cloths you wear, those are lies too. All electronics are a lie. Guess what it took science and mathematics to create that. Biology is a lie, and I did not have a mother and father. The moon landing was a hoax and I was born of the lizard peoples!!!

So, either he is so deluded or he is a troll. I personally think he is trolling. Though I must say it would not be ATS if there were not a few loony people that visited here.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by fordrew]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
OK everything is a lie??? You mentioned what you thought was a lie now were is your proof. Even some sources would be good. Something!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Everything you are being told is one gigantic fat lie.

The history of the Earth as it has been told to you is a lie. Theoretical particle physics is a lie. The big bang is a lie. Comets made of water is a lie. The formation of planets is a lie. Climate science is a lie.

An unending stream of lies.

Usually the people that run the line, "everything you're being told is a lie", are usually cult leaders or sme other kind of agenda-driven liar. The old "don't believe those guys but believe me" isn't going to work on any rational, thinking individual.

You don't have to take my word for it.

Google everything I just said.

Google it!?!? Seriously???? I can google elvis and find out that he is alive and is Disgised as Obama working to kill the planet through gulf ol spill.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Dark matter does exist. It is clear. This electronic universe movement has stonewalled when asked about the light that smears due to gravity that is not there. An entire galaxy of dark matter has been discovered. Sorry, you lose.

The fact remains that an ether does not exist because sound waves do not permeate through space. To say anything about it not being observed places you in the same boat of that which you criticize. What different is your invisible ether to invisible dark matter?

Ether does not exist. If it does no affect matter, than it is indifferent to dark matter, thus making you no different, just calling it a different name.

Here are the facts. Zero point energy is a lie. Pretty much the only means to get it would be a device which uses gravity and is in a vacuum. When a perfect vacuum occurs, odd affects DO occur, such as phantom molecules. But they cannot be used for energy. It is very possible that Tesla discovered a means of making waves so small that they affect the frequency of items smaller than mass. There is nothing against the possibility that he may have created antimatter by means of affecting the frequency of regular matter and simply changing its spin.

You can be the smartest man in the universe. That does not change a damn thing that in the early 1900s, you would not be able to observe anything smaller than an atom nor affect anything to an observable amount.

Tesla was epic wins for sure. But don't turn him into some God of the universe that could observe some make believe ether that he cold tap into.

BTW, if he could observe it, it means that it can affect matter and photons, and therefore carry sound waves. You can't hear the sun, therefore don't make crap up.

reply to post by FileZero

Electricity travels. As it moves, it loses power ever so slightly. This is why long range wires must be thicker. In space, this is even more of a bash to the face of the electrical universe nonsense. The facts are simple. You are not going to have electricity travel that far and effect that many things.

If you are going to rewrite the laws of physics, than you have to make an electrical current travel without dispersing. And yes, that even happens with "wireless electricity"

Now if you all don't mine, there's real scientific discussions. Either make your silly theories work or stop posting nonsense half based off the dying works of a last century genius.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmotley

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Everything you are being told is one gigantic fat lie.

The history of the Earth as it has been told to you is a lie. Theoretical particle physics is a lie. The big bang is a lie. Comets made of water is a lie. The formation of planets is a lie. Climate science is a lie.

An unending stream of lies.

Usually the people that run the line, "everything you're being told is a lie", are usually cult leaders or sme other kind of agenda-driven liar. The old "don't believe those guys but believe me" isn't going to work on any rational, thinking individual.

You don't have to take my word for it.

Google everything I just said.

Google it!?!? Seriously???? I can google elvis and find out that he is alive and is Disgised as Obama working to kill the planet through gulf ol spill.

It is is agreed upon that this person is a troll? No sources, cites google as his source. Heck google is a lie. This guy not only contradicts himself but he is a hypocrite if he is not a troll. But he is stumbling/slipping up for a troll. I wish I would know how to report this guy.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

IMO...

If you say "All of science is a lie" then you are postulating your scientific theory. Therefore your claims are scientific hypothesis and could be a lie according to your own claim.

The only way you can prove a scientific theory to be a lie is by proving it incorrect with the use science.

Science needs science to keep science in check.

Science has proven many theories to be fact. Some theories remain unproven.

The theories that scientists claim to be facts... those are the lies.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
isnt it obvious the massive amount of effort that the OP has put into discrediting all the science he can, he does a bad job of it,
but whats obvious is the clear agenda, look how many threads hes put up how accusatory he is, and how his every point is to discredit this or that, seems hed be happy if everyone just sat around and said its all a lie and everyones an idiot,
dont you see he wants company he cant be inteligent so he makes it his personal agenda to dumb down anyone he can for the company,

damn troll needs to get a freakin life and start focusing on positive pursuits, instead of this clearly desperate attempt to falsifie the things he just cant understand (cause he lacks the will)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Even though I do not believe everything he said, if you cannot get that he has brought up some good points against GR, then you cannot be that educated.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Even though I do not believe everything he said, if you cannot get that he has brought up some good points against GR, then you cannot be that educated.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by misteRee

Agree completely, the title itself oversimplifies science as a whole

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I can't say that is so. There are few wrongs with general relativity, and indeed, those parts proven wrong are replaced with new theories. It works.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join