It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OP, That could be anyone trying to get into a backdoor.

What makes you think it's the govt?

They have other means of access to your data. It's worse than you think.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow more straw grasping.....

See that all the time on here

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim2AttainMindfulness
so if this is true, does that mean that they can turn on my built-in webcamera on my laptop?

i know that there was a news story / controversy over a school which remotely activated the student's laptops not long ago?
can somebody shed some answers?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Do you have LimeWire installed? Port 8080 is sometimes used for proxy servers or firewalls, do you use one or have one installed?

JT

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

Okay, you can't just leave a cliffhanger like that. I forbid it! Maybe it deserves its own thread, but can you elaborate a little more on precisely what are these "means of access" , that are "worse than [we] think"?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

Originally posted by susp3kt

Okay, you can't just leave a cliffhanger like that. I forbid it! Maybe it deserves its own thread, but can you elaborate a little more on precisely what are these "means of access" , that are "worse than [we] think"?

means of access = knock at your door with a swat team
worse than [we] think = its criminals planing to sell your bank details

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
anyway there is no Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE
so can we drop this now its irritateing to see something i know is not true and people geting mislead

if you want to use this same theory to see if all computers are under gov surveillance simply go to a pc store and check that machine you will find its quite clean of viruses or backdoors

there is simply no way to move all that surveillance data sure china hacks us gov computers every day and likes to spy but no ones got access to your home pc unless its bored kids or fruadsters

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenblaz
Do you have LimeWire installed? Port 8080 is sometimes used for proxy servers or firewalls, do you use one or have one installed?

JT

what if i dont? i dont use peer to peer or download torrent software

so im hoping this will make me less viable to get spied on?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
not sure if it was posted already, but sorry... i'm not going to dig through this hacker-wannabe thread.

anyway, to the point:
74.125. == google

OrgName: Google Inc.
OrgID: GOGL
Address: 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
City: Mountain View
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 94043

NetRange: 74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255
CIDR: 74.125.0.0/16
NetName: GOOGLE
NetHandle: NET-74-125-0-0-1
Parent: NET-74-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS2.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS3.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS4.GOOGLE.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2007-03-13
Updated: 2007-05-22

OrgTechHandle: ZG39-ARIN
OrgTechName: Google Inc.
OrgTechPhone: +1-650-318-0200
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2010-04-07 20:00
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.
#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at www.arin.net...

go ahead, sue 'em
but first make sure you don't have anything from them installed - everything like google chrome/talk/earth or picassa installs google updater which often stays installed and runs in the background even when you'll remove those apps. there's clearly visible adobe updater icon in the systray on some of your screenshots, so hell knows what else do you have there up and running.

seriously... get a life. sure, they are spying on you. they are spying on all of us. the problem is, they have means to do so you never ever dreamed off. if you really think you'll spot their suspicious activity on your PC... you're naive.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
true words, jedi.

and for good measure ill say it once more..

get off windows!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

So many processes going on and the goverment ones we will never see. I am sure someone can see them but not any of us.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
OK tnangela firstly, go here:

www.grc.com...

Click the "freeware" drop down menu and run all the programs in the "security" section. This guy, Steve Gibson(He's an award winning programmer) has made fixes for a bunch of holes in windows and they are excellent.

Secondly, with outgoing traffic, your firewall should tell you which application is responsible. Do a google search for the application and you'll find out what it is and what you can do about it if anything does need to be done.

Windows has an applicatin called "ndisuio.sys" that is always contacting someone. I see from your list of IP addresses that this is one of the applications you are concerned about. Dont worry, it is pretty harmless.Here's some info on it:

"Ndisuio.sys, a very mysterious system file is present in Windows XP and is a driver for wireless things such as wi-fi and bluetooth. However, there have been many issues with this file downloading immense amounts of data and perhaps causing activity that is "big brother"ish.

The fact that hardly any information on this file downloading data is available by Microsoft makes things quite suspicious about it. It has even been noted that it looked as if it was transferring data to major companies like Comcast, Road Runner, Time Warner, BTC and Verizon.

The good news is, it turns out this file duplicates data that is sent/received, so wherever you go, it will also transfer the data to that file but it does not leave the computer/network so it's not spyware. So it's not as much of a big brother situation then it looks like. It simply performs internal communication tasks and stands for NDIS user I/O, hence, NDISUIO. NDISUIO is also used as a driver by many developers as it makes certain wireless network tasks easier such as implementing it for 802.11x connections. Some firewalls also use it as it can get the data in order to filter it. "

The main concern about this is that is uses bandwidth so if you don't need it just block it. You can't delete it as windows just generates it again.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm non-technical, and know next to nothing about IP security. I guess that given my search and browsing history, fave sites etc, that there is some sort of flag (or set of flags) with my details next to them.

Plus - when I started reading this thread, my hard drive went haywire as though processing a new download, which wouldn't normally happen when browsing like this.

What's the betting that accessing certain threads on ATS raises 'flags'..? The way I see it, I have nothing to hide so I don't care - so long as my computer keeps working and no-one steals my personal finance info I'll have to accept that being spied upon/ monitored is a real possibility. But then, I am conditioned to accept that sort of thing, as you'll know if you've read my first thread in the Gray Area.

Many thanks for starting the debate OP. Star and Flag...(ATS variety..!)

Noah

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There's actually been somebody hacking and copying all my files for over two years. Their IP bounces all over the world and is faked, I wouldn't be surprised by anything. They DO watch our computers using bots, they track our information, they don't need to actually have a guy in front of a screen because bots do all the work. Welcome to your future.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I knew it !
Using the netstat -n command on command prompt I noticed some mysterious IP incoming servers and i decided to reverse trace them. Low and behold they were from various internet ISP companies and one unusual one was from Virginia.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim2AttainMindfulness

Here is some on it:

School used student laptop webcams to spy on them at school and home

boingboing.net...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 4/14/2010 by staple]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A little part of me dies everytime I see a thread like this. Which seems to be multiple times a day.

Most if not all of those IPs are from regular companies & spam bots. No, the US government isn't going to be 'spying' on you by pinging one of your ports, rofl.

If you're so concerned about IPs, get PeerBlock, then you can see where every single IP that gets blocked comes from. It'll tell you the company or agency. Most likely you won't get pinged from any kind of government agency, unless you're running P2P software.

And no, the government isn't going to hack through your firewall to take control of the camera in your laptop/sitting on top of your computer. But if you're afraid of them doing so, just turn the damn thing around to face a wall when you aren't using it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
There's actually been somebody hacking and copying all my files for over two years.

Well, if is been happening for 2 years, maybe you should... i dont know.... do something about that.

Hey guys, some mongrel has been comming into my house and eating my food while im out for 2 years!

Id love to know what percentage of 'government attacks' are
A - random hackers/viruses/other net nasties
B - every day net traffic (updaters etc etc)
C - government attacks

Unless you do/have done something that would actually catch a governments eye, i suspect the percentage of 'C' is much less than the percentage of people with delusions of grandeur who think their every day lives are so important that the government want to know all about it

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Jedi, it is so interesting that you mentioned google. Google is being blocked for me now. It's not entirely blocked which lets me know it's not my firewall. If I hit refresh enough it will eventually go through. Censored would be a better word. Usually a 404, sometimes directs to turkish google, sometimes gives me a clean scrubbed out google, sometimes goes to normal google, sometimes asks for a five digit number to verify I'm human.
Any of these are usually after it times out after 20 seconds or so and hitting refresh enough times.
I wouldn't be horribly upset except that it is messing with youtube(and other sites as well since many places have google-analytics embedded into them) as youtube authenticates through google.
i102.photobucket.com...
i102.photobucket.com...

And you're right. In this picture you do have what appear to be google's IP's.
i102.photobucket.com...
Except google proper is this.
i102.photobucket.com...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that after this post AT&T shut down my internet for two weeks while they installed equipment- this according to them.
First week I had intermittent internet. The phone rep was concerned and surprised I had internet at all. Within 20 minutes of getting off the phone with him, it was blocked entirely.

Now everything is fine except google is being highly censored for me by AT&T with that new equipment they installed.

So ya I'm gonna say it... I think google is part of the spying apparatus and I stepped on some toes for which I'm being punished.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Two other things. Google is embedded here as well so When I hit preview or reply it sits and hangs for about a half minute, but does eventually go through obviously.

And in that second picture above, of nslookup, I have error messages that it can't find the servers names. Does anyone know what I need to open up to fix this? (Yes, I have 53 open already.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join