It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Don't Land, So Mayor Sues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Mayor set to sue over alien hoax
A town mayor in Jordan is considering suing a local newspaper over an April Fools' Day report saying aliens had landed.
Al-Ghad's front-page story said flying saucers flown by 10ft tall creatures had landed in the desert town of Jafr.
It said communication networks went down and frightened townspeople fled into the streets, reports the BBC.
Mayor Mohammed Mleihan said parents were so frightened they did not send their children to school.
"Students didn't go to school, their parents were frightened and I almost evacuated the town's 13,000 residents," Mr Mleihan said.
"People were scared that aliens would attack them."
He immediately notified the security authorities, who he said combed the area looking for the aliens. They did not find any.
Al-Ghad's front page piece said the giant aliens had arrived on flying saucers lighting up the town.
Moussa Barhoumeh, Al Ghad's managing editor, said the newspaper was simply having some good natured fun on April Fools' Day, and had apologised for any inconvenience caused.
"We meant to entertain, not scare people," he said.
www.ananova.com...

I found this so funny, that I just had to share. Reminds me how dumb the Americans were when, Orson Welles did his famous "War Of The Worlds" radio play (October 30, 1938), & there was pandamonium.
en.wikipedia.org...(radio)

[edit on 6-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think the news paper should get some people from ATS for it's defence, get them all to shout the same cliches in court.
"Evidence of absence is not absence of evidence"
"think outside the box"
"But you guys can't proove that aliens did not land"
and then we could have the ATS wanna be revolutionaries come in and yell "this is unconstitutional" (without ever really explaining why).

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wow... the gullibility of some people.

If aliens meant any hostile intent I'm sure everything electrical would go down, not just communications.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
Wow... the gullibility of some people.

If aliens meant any hostile intent I'm sure everything electrical would go down, not just communications.

Actually their intentions are far from peaceful. If you would take the time to read or investigate the icbm that were knocked out of service not to mention the countless disabled fighters and last but not least. Why would a craft purposely make itself not visible on another civilizations means of tracking when its intentions are peaceful.

....and last but not least....

Why does the NSA handle all non terrestrial matters on a need to know basis, bare in mind, not even the president knows or has the authority to be informed. After all, a president can only serve a term on a predefined time line, were as, us/we/them have been in a position way before he/she, was even considering into diving into politics. So on what authority does he/she have to request information that holds the key to the human evolution.

Get the picture ?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Actually their intentions are far from peaceful. If you would take the time to read or investigate the icbm that were knocked out of service not to mention the countless disabled fighters and last but not least. Why would a craft purposely make itself not visible on another civilizations means of tracking when its intentions are peaceful.

While we're talking hypothetically, I would say it's silly to think that disabling someone's armed weapons while you're in their presence means that you're hostile. It just means you're looking out for your own safety. If humans could travel to a less advanced alien planet, would we observe them with invisible craft if we had the technology? You bet we would. And we certainly wouldn't investigate their technologies without first disabling any threats to our own craft.

Studying an alien race would be a highly sensitive matter. You can bet that aliens would take any and all precautions while studying us. That doesn't mean they're plotting against us.

Most likely the main reason for the UFO cover-up is because a few groups of powerful, secretive people are keeping their trembling fingers close to their triggers and ripping their hair out with paranoia, because they have learned that, god forbid, they are not the most powerful beings in the universe. I only hope that when disclosure happens (and one day it will happen), these people are held accountable for generations of lies and the usurping of the people's money without being answerable to the people.

Originally posted by tristar
Why does the NSA handle all non terrestrial matters on a need to know basis, bare in mind, not even the president knows or has the authority to be informed. After all, a president can only serve a term on a predefined time line, were as, us/we/them have been in a position way before he/she, was even considering into diving into politics. So on what authority does he/she have to request information that holds the key to the human evolution.

No secretive organization, NSA or otherwise, has any right to determine the fate of a people without their consent. That is tyranny. The president is elected by the people. The fate of the people SHOULD belong to the people, therefore the authority of extraterrestrial relations SHOULD belong to the president. End of story.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Magnus47]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
While we're talking hypothetically, I would say it's silly to think that disabling someone's armed weapons while you're in their presence means that you're hostile.

Hypothetically always, Given that their visitations have been well established way before the transistor was invented then i as a lower civilized person from this planet assumes that you also are aware of our habits and measures when "it(us, humans)" feel threatened. Yes we retaliate.

It just means you're looking out for your own safety.

Its exactly my point. See how simple things are often misunderstood.

If humans could travel to a less advanced alien planet, would we observe them with invisible craft if we had the technology? You bet we would. And we certainly wouldn't investigate their technologies without first disabling any threats to our own craft.

Frankly, When we do visit other planets, we sure as hell are very conscious and well informed of their ability to inflict deadly force. This is why you would disable its weapons. You know from past experience that they do have the ability to use with a successful rate fatal results. Get the picture !

Studying an alien race would be a highly sensitive matter. You can bet that aliens would take any and all precautions while studying us. That doesn't mean they're plotting against us.

Sir/Madam, why on earth would you study a subject if it wasn't for a particular purpose. Hypothetically, would it because you need something from "it" , ie, resources !

Most likely the main reason for the UFO cover-up is because a few groups of powerful, secretive people are keeping their trembling fingers close to their triggers and ripping their hair out with paranoia, because they have learned that, god forbid, they are not the most powerful beings in the universe. I only hope that when disclosure happens (and one day it will happen), these people are held accountable for generations of lies and the usurping of the people's money without being answerable to the people.

As of sound mind, i assure you that we are not the only entity in the billions of planets in the vast darkness you might call space. As for the remark regarding power and paranoia, well to put it simply, when you see a bug in your kitchen, what is your primal instinct. That is who we are.

As for disclosure, it simply wont happen as many choose of wish it to be. It wont be a tranquil transition from a normal every day existence to a fun news media coverage that we officially learn of aliens or should i say non terrestrial entities.

In a nut shell, we are in a world than can barely handle conspiracies let alone a human evolutionary shift. You perhaps may fall into the 0.02% of the earth's population given what you have posted. Don't get me wrong, that's fine by me, but as for disclosure, well, it simply wont happen the way it has so ingeniously been put towards the public.

You are a product of your environment.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by tristar]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Acrux.....

There are 2 current threads about this incident:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Please cotribute to the following ongoing discussions:

Here and Here

Thread closed.

Mod Note: ATS Search – Please Use This Link.

[edit on April 6th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join