It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When aliens arrive... a good example

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is from a BBC news article...here

Basically a newspaper did an April fool in Jordan about aliens landing... and with the "usual" results.

To "us" (ATS types) the thought of incoming aliens holds a sense of awe and wonder, whereas the rest of the planet just seems to go into 1950's B movie scream mode.

Bit of a shame really, but for all those "disclosure" jockeys out there, I wouldn't hold your breath on important info being released anytime soon.

Oh..and no suggestions of a conspiracy that this was down to governments various testing the water please!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Nomadros.....

There is already a discussion of this event here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Oops...mods please lock off. I did a search first honest!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You know that wasn't fake, it was real, then TPTB took their anti-alien stuff and rounded those aliens up, and forced the paper top say it was an April fool.

Sorry couldn't resist, at least it isn't the "testing the waters conspiracy".

Ok on a more serious note.

Yeah this gives us some reality of the anarchy that would happen, so its probably safe to say that any disclosure isn't happening anytime soon.

But that aside I wish I could personally meet with them aliens, the good ones that is.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by kaleshchand]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by nomadros

Nomadros.....

There is already a discussion of this event here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

That is in breaking news, this is in Aliens and Ufos, I think thats allowed, but I dunno.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

kaleshchand.....

That's correct.....they do sometimes leave seperate threads running in different forums, when addressing the same subject.

Also....the op's in each thread have posted different articles.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Two things. First, the article in the jordanian newspaper specifically mentioned people being scared and not sending children to school because of it. I think we can all agree that a journalistic slant can be used to sway the masses. I doubt that there would have been the same problems if it said that the aliens are here to give every person their own personal flying saucer they can use to fly around earth or the universe and they get 18 light years per gallon... of water. Ok maybe they would still go crazy, but it would be a happy crazy! A lets-have-an-orgy-in-the-streets-crazy! Ok and second, I really think people are waking up more and more. We may not be quite ready (as a species) but we are closing the gap all the time. In 1 month, there will be more of us. In 1 year, even more. And this is the kind of thing which I believe follows the famous "law of accelerated returns" made famous by Ray Kurzweil... So it may not be as long as we might think. Plus, this may be racist, but I don`t know a lot about Jordan. So I`m gonna go ahead and be an ignorant American and say that maybe Jordan isn`t advanced as the rest of us and so, may not be the best place to show as an example for what would happen world-wide. God I hope I`m wrong, I hate when ignorance actually works because its just a misleading fluke.. So I hope someone proves me wrong. But when I think of Jordan I just think its another 3rd world country. Kinda hard to imagine them accepting the idea of aliens, or ufos or stargates or anything . Aren`t they still ruled by a monarchy? Or is it just for "show" like england? Again Im not trying to be racist. I`m just admitting my ignoprance

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Well first, the paper says that the mayor says, the people panicked. From what I can tell, the only one who panicked was Mayor Iamatool over there. Everything else is just his word alone, and we know politicians universally are just so in touch with their populace.

Yeah, no one on April 1st, considered that the article might be a prank? Sure, yeah, I'll buy that. Where would the media be without the Brookings report to tell us how unevolved and reactionary an animal we are.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

As far as I can see it doesn't matter where the country is...people panic, especially when word of mouth is involved.

Simple example: back in the day (around 2000) there was going to be a fuel strike in the UK. Almost instantly the supermarkets were emptied along with all the petrol stations and as a result, little food and no fuel.
And this kept happening again and again and those that were relaxed about the whole thing at the beginning ended up like everyone else because they knew what was going to happen everytime a strike was on the cards.

Most people, wherever they come from, cover their a$$es first and ask questions later and given that most people don't even trust their governments, how do you expect them to trust a new species?

It would need to go like this...
Build a space station for initial contact between races (check)
Inform the public that extra solar planets have been found (check)
Find more "habitable" planets to make the idea of other Earths "normal"(check)
Tricky bit next...
Introduce an upcoming Earth sized disaster, so everyone concentrates on that for a few weeks, then introduce a nice species to get us out of the hole.

Species fixes problem, species leaves, everyone wants species back.

Sorted!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I thought April fools day was typically a western Christian idea and not a Arab Muslim holiday/celebration.

I can't see an arab news paper pulling a stunt like this. Especially when there reader's are the shoot first ask question's later kind of readership.

So it must be a coverup for a real event in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
[edit on April 6th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I found this so funny, that I just had to share. Reminds me how dumb the Americans were when, Orson Welles did his famous "War Of The Worlds" radio play (October 30, 1938), & there was pandamonium.
en.wikipedia.org...(radio)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Funny how people laugh off aliens most of the time then stick it in their face and they get all defensive/manic about it.

Something similar happened in a UK school last year I believe. The teachers set up a UFO crash and when the kids came to school they told them there had been a UFO crash, but naturally the next day they had complaints from parents about the "shocking implications" of such actions and how kids were frightened.

That and this story make me laugh though, absolutely great stuff! One day it'll be for real and there will be no-one to get p*ssed at.

top topics

join