It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is WikiLeaks a TPTB front?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You know as I saw the "leaked video" popping up on front page newspapers all around the world, I was becoming quite astonished.

It seemed all too bizarre, that a video could be released and then spread virally even INTO THE MSM front page within half a day.

Another bizarre twist, is that members are reporting that their news agencies in their respective areas were reporting so much information, that it was becoming apparent they had been preparing these reports several days in advance.

Of course, many ATSers have know about this for around two weeks.

Another strange aspect, is that the Pentagon let the video out in the first place. They could have just destroyed it or buried it in a warehouse. The Pentagon CHOSE to release this...but why???

Also add in the fanciful stories of the WikiLeaks vs Pentagon/CIA stuff. It is all so far fetched, yet everything indicates it is true.

So I am led to believe that Wikileaks is a FRONT for the Pentagon to "leak" material for the purpose of PSYOPS.

Why do they want us to see this video?
Why do they want to rile us up?

Is this a Psychological Operation designed to elicit some sort of reaction from us?

Is WikiLeaks buying credibility so they can get away in the future with massive disinfo?

Maybe I'm totally paranoid and wrong. But it sure seems to me, that WikiLeaks is a front for TPTB.

Make of it what you will. These are just my speculations and curiosities.

Any comments or further speculations are greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening to my hypothesis!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Also such a operation could be designed to gauge our reactions and find out where people's mentalities are at in respect to their feelings about war.

It could just be an experiment with all of the data being fed into a super computer to crunch.

They want to find out how we spread information, how we react to it, and by passing around a item like this, with all this hype, would be a good way to figure that out.

It sure is easy to look at the situation these ways.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You know you just may be right in the buying up credibility before disinformation thing. Everyone was sure the mainstream media wasn't going to pick this up. Then they run with it full force it is interesting to say the least.

Then again maybe the MSM is coming around after the ratings plummet at CNN there starting to realize if they don't cover alternative media.topics they will have no viewers. Its becoming fox and everything else.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I may not be facing the same direction, but we're on the same ship!

Not certain wikileaks is a front for tptb - more likely just a tool (unwitting perhaps) - but all those questions about why wait to publish seem obvious now that it's splashed the MSM. Could third parties be using the event to forward their own ends - definitely. The timely convergence of a number of events resembles a well coordinated military exercise, just not sure what TPTB branch or group might be conducting the operation, if any. There's just this sensation that somewhere big hands are moving pieces on a campaign board.

gj

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I thought that wikileaks somehow got hold of the footage/intercepted it. They even made a comment on having finally cracked it--like it was encrypted or something. I haven't heard anything about the pentagon releasing this.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I thought that wikileaks somehow got hold of the footage/intercepted it. They even made a comment on having finally cracked it--like it was encrypted or something. I haven't heard anything about the pentagon releasing this.

1)If I said I 'intercepted" something would you believe me?

2) So the Pentagon uses encryption that can be broken this easily?

Things do not add up!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Your ideas make sense, but if it is true that the tbtp WANTS people to see it for whatever reason, then why is there a limit on the views so it wont go viral?

I think the tbtp knows it was going to come out and knew that people were expecting it,(maybe even checked this site and knew that people were saying the msm was not going to cover it lol) and the only other option for them was to make the msm cover it like crazy to make it seem like it is a scam... They WANT YOU to think it is a cia front so you wont believe it!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey, maybe you are even an agent working on the internet to make people believe this!

Who are you? Where are you from? What are your motives? lol

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
WikiLeaks announced the release of the video in advance.

MSN in USA took the longest to report on the video.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
WikiLeaks announced the release of the video in advance.

MSN in USA took the longest to report on the video.

Took the longest?

6 hours is long?

And I mentioned that it was known about the video in advance. By those of us on the underground, not the mainstream by any measure.

So how did the MSM know to cover this particular "underground" story? While they have avoided the majority of the other stuff we discuss regularly?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
Hey, maybe you are even an agent working on the internet to make people believe this!

Who are you? Where are you from? What are your motives? lol

Like me answering that will make a difference.

I don't work for anyone though, except me.

And I get paid nothing for it, thats why my rent is behind now.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
Your ideas make sense, but if it is true that the tbtp WANTS people to see it for whatever reason, then why is there a limit on the views so it wont go viral?

Haven't people explained the Youtube "views" issues already?

I thought it was a common technicality that occurs often.

They claim within a few days the count will catch up and show the full numbers.

I am just telling you what has been said on ATS like 200 times today lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
good theory. i wondered the same when i saw that wikileaks got a classified memo about wikileaks being dangerous to the government.

that just seems a little too ironic to me.

also wikileaks seems to be a very money hungry organization. this makes me suspicious. i know it takes server space but $600,000 a year? it could be a front so now if someone wants to leak something really big they send it to wikileaks and next thing they know swat teams bust in their house and haul them out. wikileaks might just be the government trying to put itself as the wistleblower so it can screen information. let little trivial things out but not the big stuff.

i would say the need for money is the part that makes me most suspicious however.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Or maybe the TPTB uses this event to make people suspect and doubt abt Wikileaks' credit or background, like what you put in your post...
When somebody discloses sth, we always ask for a solid evidence and its always hard to get; when somebody finally provides the evidence, we always are suspicious of its authenticity. conspiracy is everywhere tough huh

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Posters here were emailing the media, demanding they cover the story. It is possible media outlets realized they could not hide from this and maintain any credibility.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

i would say the need for money is the part that makes me most suspicious however.

Interesting info, I wasn't aware of the financial situation.

That is a lot of money, certainly. I could live my whole life on 600,000$.

I suppose the rabbit hole only goes deeper?

And to buzz, your comment that Conspiracies are everywhere is very true in our day in age. I told my friends already, "Conspiracy theories are mainstream now, haha". It is so true though, check out History/Discovery/A&E/name your favorite media channel. It's really everywhere now. It sells and gets ratings.

And to Invis I agree that there was most certainly a large volume of Internet users emailing MSM outlets to cover the story in their area.

So this is also possibly a bizarre coincidental case of user generated news derived from internet sources.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Watch the video and then watch CNN, MSNBC and FOX new's coverage.

They completely distort the truth.

Basically the media wanted to cover it QUICKLY so that no finger could be pointed at them for conspiring or covering up.

But if you look at the contents of their coverage, you see that they are clearly lying.

CNN claims that they did not show the deaths of the journalists for "respect to the family", doesn't that work the other way around normally? The media should be itching to show it, and then the victim's family would request it not be shown.

The reason CNN did not show it is because it would prove their coverage is nothing more than propaganda, Cameras are RPGS.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I watched the video, there's nothing in it that's all that damning. Yes it points out the detachment the gunners in the chopper have toward human life and perhaps it points out a flaw in the policy on engagement (though the one guy did appear to have an RPG, which kinda justifies opening fire).

There are going to be civilian casualties in war, unfortunately, its an awful terrible thing but it happens. The only reason this video seems so ground-breaking is because the only news of the war we get on TV in America is sterile and one-sided while this video shows some of the gray areas and horrors of war.

So there's no real reason for TPTB to release it on purpose or cover it up.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I thought the same thing yesterday. I was actually gonna start a thread just like this but I wanted to sleep on it and see how I felt about it in the morning.

Reasons I think it could be a psy-op:

1) Gauge reaction, as you suggested.

2) To desensitize people to seeing civilians getting murdered.

For what purpose I do not know. I couldn't bring myself to watch it until I had read so much about it, I pretty much knew everything that happened anyway. Eventually I watched the whole 40 minute video so I could form a true opinion about the circumstances. At first I felt sick but as the video progressed I did find myself desensitized to the whole thing.

I feel like I lost a piece of my humanity yesterday.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
However, I am pretty sure one of the guys had an RPG so it was a tricky call.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join