It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plans to Levy Internet Tax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

Indeed you have a good point there too! I see that this is a subject of some importance any way you slice it. I also think it does indeed set a dangerous precedent passing legislation that leaves something vague or maybe even purposefully so. Or worse a backdoor for later changes to it. Anything that results in making the internet harder for people to use, or that censors it's users or content I can say though I am firmly against.
Thanks for your input!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That's a good question.

Maybe somebody who knows a little more about economics and the tax code can answer that for us.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Light of Night

Subject to reasonable network management

That was the most important part of the whole thing you listed. Who is to determine what "reasonable network management" is?

6. Transparency.
Subject to reasonable network management,
a provider of broadband Internet access service
must disclose such information concerning network
management and other practices as is reasonably required
for users and content, application and service providers to
enjoy the protections specified in this part.

Yes. I know. This hasn't necessarily turned out to be the administration of transparency initially campaigned upon BUT... at least there are provisions built-in to the plan in an attempt to ensure the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Thanks for your take on it

I do have to agree with 12m8k tho...There's a fair element of bias in the article which places a smoke screen over what is being proposed, namely potentially standardising the tax rates applied on a state by state basis...

I don't see how this is a bad thing, but I admit I have fallen behind in this thread and may well change my mind once I've read every post

Edit to add - Now that I have read all posts in the thread, I stand by what I've said..I honestly can't see any bogey men in all of this...

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

If there are no bogey men in this, then why is fox news portraying it as if it were?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by Retrovertigo

If there are no bogey men in this, then why is fox news portraying it as if it were?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

The fourth and fifth words after the comma in your post....

'Nuff said really....Or do you want me to spell it out ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join