It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulhus Messenger

Perhaps they were just callous, uncaring psychopaths?

[edit on 7/4/10 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Maybe here in the US carrying around weapons would make you physcopath but not there, that's a completely different place where your life could be threatened at any moment, weapons are almost always needed.

The soldiers were just triggerhappy and wanted to shoot something, that's it.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Cthulhus Messenger]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yes and they were callous and uncaring.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

How so? They were sitting there talking with weapons, do you honestly think that's a good enough reason to be shot and killed?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

In future when they want so badly to shoot something, they will shoot a tree or a wall, or even better themselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'm not sure, but I think we have our wires crossed.

I was referring to the people in the chopper.

Not the group of men on the ground.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Do you really think shooting a wall or a tree give them the excitement or thrill they get from shooting another human being and seeing them run around in fear? No, not even close. They're animals that just wanted to see another being suffer for their own pleasure. They should be punished but sadly 99% of americans will never know about this and even if they do, they won't care.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
To me Journalists and SOME soldiers... not all... show me the difference?
I remember the death of Princess Diana......Journo's ARE SCUM!! hovering over her like vultures not letting the ambulance men through to deal with her injuries.
THEY MAKE ME SICK. Atleast the Soldiers are held to account UNLIKE the press.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Thank you for acting like the typical "I've been or was in the armed forces therefore I know everything" type of user of ATS.

Probably know a bit more than you, Gus.

The shooting of the van was "a bit iffy?"

It wasn't iffy, it was outrageous.

Thanks for actually taking the time and reading my entire post, or are you just waiting for your turn to write. I guess you missed the part about a battle is more than just one dimensional. This was taken in 2007 and insurgents were known to have used civilian vehicles for combat.

So, you might want to step back with your "outrage".

How could that apache possibly pick out the word press if he was wearing a vest, it can't even pick out whether the men were holding weapons.

How far out was that chopper?

Really? Funny, I saw at least one guy with an AK. Guess you missed that.

And the Press PPE is bright blue with the word "PRESS" in white. Can't miss it, if they had been wearing it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Totally off topic, but I thought a journalist on the scene tried to give first aid or something. I don't know, whatever, that might be wrong.

Also in reply to the other post, I knew they wouldn't get a thrill from shooting a wall or a tree. Maybe they could do themselves a favour and just shoot themselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

There's a huge difference between the journalists that were involved in the death of Princess Diana and this situation. When princess Diana was killed the journalists were chasing her in their cars, if you were in Iraq and there was a gunfight you wouldn't chase the people invovled, you would go for cover. Journalists are scum in countries with freedom without restrictions but here the journalists have to show caution or they could end up dying.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

In future when they want so badly to shoot something, they will shoot a tree or a wall, or even better themselves.

"Or even better themselves". Wow, I just love ATS. Hoping someone commits suicide.

lame.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I agree with you, if the Journalists had been wearing their vests this never would have happened, but the soldiers were also out of line and triggerhappy and never should have shot at them unless they were being hostile towards the Helicopter.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Okay, I apologise, I take back the comment about the soldiers killing themselves.

However what makes you think you know more than me?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Please tell me at what time mark you saw the AK?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulhus Messenger
I agree with you, if the Journalists had been wearing their vests this never would have happened, but the soldiers were also out of line and triggerhappy and never should have shot at them unless they were being hostile towards the Helicopter.

Please go back and read a post I made here this morning. This area where they were at wasn't some 'burb, but a slum that was full of insurgents, and US troops had been in contact just before this happened.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulhus Messenger

There's a huge difference between the journalists that were involved in the death of Princess Diana and this situation. When princess Diana was killed the journalists were chasing her in their cars, if you were in Iraq and there was a gunfight you wouldn't chase the people invovled, you would go for cover. Journalists are scum in countries with freedom without restrictions but here the journalists have to show caution or they could end up dying.

If this was the case why did the guy in the minivan drive into a warzone with his children on board? And the press were chasing a story in Princess Diana's case...show me what the Rueters Press were doing differently ...were they not after a story?
Yes I know where they were and it seemed that a fight further down the street was ongoing presumably where the Journo was pointing his Camera. A dangerous past time reporting in a skirmish.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I apologize, I haven't read the entire thread, 75 pages of arguments like ours seems less than appealing right now. I'm misinformed and making assumptions. Also, me being 16 I don't fully understand the stress and mindset these soldiers had when this took place. Could you tell me the page number of your post so I can go and read it? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Maybe, the people in the van had witnessed the shooting and decided that the best course of action was to go help them. There's little time, if any, to think of weather or not you should bring your children with you and the thought probably never crossed their mind. The people picking them up also assumed that the fighting was over and it would be safe to get in, pick up the wounded, and get out.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Cthulhus Messenger]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

You said you saw at least one guy with an AK.

Now I'll ask again. At what time mark did you see this?

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join