It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What the heck is going on with the comments "they should've worn their flak jackets & helmets"? These are normal people who are journalist, they're not embedded into a force and they were not on an assignment to follow a combat force. They were reporting a story in the area when they heard something was going on and wen't out to investigate. You guys sound as if flak jackets are some kind of standard issue thing for press.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Seems the real indepth disection started around 60+ or more I'd start there.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
What the heck is going on with the comments "they should've worn their flak jackets & helmets"? These are normal people who are journalist, they're not embedded into a force and they were not on an assignment to follow a combat force. They were reporting a story in the area when they heard something was going on and wen't out to investigate. You guys sound as if flak jackets are some kind of standard issue thing for press.

Then how come all the press dudes I saw over there were wearing blue body armor and helmets? On the back was the word "PRESS"?

And why were they hanging around insurgents???

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

A word to sum this up.....RECKLESS and that goes for all parties.......Journalists.....Apache Crew......Mini-van Adults there in.
The only bad part in this is the Children that didn't have a choice thanks to the Adults/Parents that drove them into the Skirmish.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
You said you saw at least one guy with an AK.

Now I'll ask again. At what time mark did you see this?

Easy biscuit.

You see the guy with the AK right after they identify the two reporters. They are crossing the street, and the guy with the AK is in a group of about three or four behind the reporters. This is in the beginning of the video.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

deleted

[edit on 7/4/10 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Okay I'll look at the video again.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Any journalist in Iraq is to carry and wear his assigned helmet and jacket at all times or he will be considered an insurgent if seen with insurgents. Even if he's a United States citizen he will be considered an insurgent if he's seen talking to them without proper authorization or his press vest and helmet on.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Maybe you have the same problem as the gunner in the apache? I mean they're all over the place without word Press in vests/tattooed to their forheads.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulhus Messenger

*Doh* There is no 'assigned helmet or jacket' to begin with. I guess that makes them all insurgents then?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Then how do they get the jackets? They have their wives make them? No, they're given to them when they're registered as a journalist/reporter. Just like here in the US when you're register as a Journalist you get special access to almost anything you want.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

*Doh* There is no 'assigned helmet or jacket' to begin with. I guess that makes them all insurgents then?

Really? And you know this how???

Blame Reuters for not giving these guys the proper PPE.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Video weapons views time 3.40-3.50 and I did Blow the images up in previous posts. Although by the weapon profile it could be another type of assult riffle XM8, Famas for instance.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by DreamerOracle]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I've looked at the video again.

Sorry but I can't see anyone with what looks like an AK or any weapon for that matter.

The people in the chopper say they have 5-6 individuals with AKs, but I swear some of them people look like they don't even have anything on them.

[edit on 7/4/10 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

You mean the camera tripods? That's all I can see. There's just no way that's an rpg.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And why were they hanging around insurgents???

Who said they were insurgents? They were taken for insurgents by the guys in the chopper, but were they? I haven't seen anywhere that they were. Not every Iraqui in Iraq is an insurgent.

Mind you, if the US is there long enough every Iraqi will probably one day become one.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

The first picture I can understand why you say it's an RPG, but why does it look like he has it between his legs?

I have no idea why you think the second picture looks like an AK. It's just a weird indefinable blob.

The third picture.....well it's just a random shape just like the second picture, you can't see what it is.

It's as if you've pointed to some weird random shape and just said it's an weapon.

Personally I can't see them. But the first picture maybe.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I agree. If the soldiers in the Helicopter had said they were bible pushers they would have found a way to convince themselves into believing they were bible pushers, only in this case they didn't want them to be bible pushers they wanted them to be insurgents so that they could shoot and kill them for no reason.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulhus Messenger

Now you're just making stuff up. They might be given vest if they're embedded to a force. There's no vest giving if you're a freelancer or not not on assignment.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Who said they were insurgents? They were taken for insurgents by the guys in the chopper, but were they? I haven't seen anywhere that they were. Not every Iraqui in Iraq is an insurgent.

Mind you, if the US is there long enough every Iraqi will probably one day become one.

Because that area of Baghdad was full of them. Because the Route Predators that ran right next to is was getting hit by IEDs all summer??

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join