It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four in 10 Tea Party members are Dems or independents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I came across this and found it interesting.It contradicts the medias portrayal of the tea party as right wing nut jobs.So apparently its just not republicans involved and if i were congress they should start to worry because i dont think marginalizing will work.

The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic, according to three national polls by the Winston Group, a Republican-leaning firm that conducted the surveys on behalf of an education advocacy group. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26 are moderate and 8 percent say they are liberal.

thehill.com... survey-four-in-10-tea-party-members-dem-or-indie

[edit on 4/4/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

So im getting the feeling people are starting to wake up and realize no ones listening to us. I think this year may decide the fate of the country for generations to come. Weve literally hit a fork in the road and have to make a decision. I voted for Obama little did i know he would cause such a split in the country for a president that was supposed to unite us he has been the most divisive president since Lincoln.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Really? Because that further establishes a point here doesnt it? The Democrats, in particular the Clintons, had alwaus advocated for healthcare reform, in particular government involvement such as universal healthcare. So what are these 'Democrats' doing protesting against government involvement in healthcare? Because in the end this has little to do with government involvement in anything.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I believe at this point many Americans are starting to realize that the government hasnt been looking out for them. The media wants to portray the tea party as a republican arm.It appears thats wrong when that doesnt work they move on to the race card.All the tea partiers are card carrying kkk members. Both these arguments are false. In truth people are scared the economy is destroying families. People are loosing there homes there jobs and are scared. In the mean time congress has spent the past year arguing over health care. Well great will all be living on the street but at least we can go to the doctor to get warm in the winter.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that the 'Taxed Enough' movement is not affiliated with any specific party.

The Republican party is not what it was and was tainted by the leftist Bush W and dimwits like Quayle. The Democrat party is showing it's hateful history. The Independent party doesn't have the strength to take on either party.

I hate it when the Government does it's power and control grab by positioning itself as the one place to get all services. It makes us dependent, takes away our choices and liberties, and we end up with an oppressive government that only penalizes us when we try to improve our lives and get ahead.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I believe at this point many Americans are starting to realize that the government hasnt been looking out for them.

Oh yes, we needed 30 years to realize this right? Im sorry, but in the case of the tea party protestors I think thats utter BS. The recession of 82' was as evident as ever and yet I never saw this much of a rise in particular from conservatives and reagan democrats. The 91' recession, same thing. The patriot act and even following the bail outs in October, what happen to the tea part protestors? It took them 5 months after the bail outs to come out and protest, so where were they? Oh they decided to wait after the elections. Its complete BS.

These 'Democrats' have decades to figure out where they stood political with the Democratic party, and only now decided to change their tune. Its got nothing to do with their realization of government anything.

The media wants to portray the tea party as a republican arm.

Oh its not just the media, its also most americans and even conservative americans themselves admitting so. With member like Sarah Palin, Former Republican member Dick Army and Fox rallying these protests, what do you think? They were no where to be seen during Bush and they will be no where to be seen when the next Republican comes into office.

All the tea partiers are card carrying kkk members.

I dont think all of them are KKK members although I will agree some of them are closeted racists. Most are ideological and culturally biased people who have personal dislikes of Obama not necessarily about race but to do with things ranging from his middle name, his family heritage and the fact he had been an opponent of the previous wars.

In truth people are scared the economy

These people were not scared when we started blowing money off wars and the military industrial complex.

The tea party is an astroturf for the Republican party. You can join but in the end you will just be contributing to the Republican cause. Good luck on that.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Doesn't prevent them from being completely ignorant puppets who claim to be taxed to the limit. Move to a third world nation and live in a hut if you cant stand paying for roads, healthcare, schools, hospitals, and a military. Or continue to pretend to play patriot while being controlled by Dick Armey and the corporate overlords.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Wow Dick Armey was in a lobbying position at DLA Piper, which was doing lobbying work for the pharmaceutical industry to pass health care reform legislation. So whos working for him man at least if your going to try to throw garbage at least get your facts straight!

As far as taxes we all ready pay taxes for health care did you bother to notice the deduction. Now we get to pay for another government healthcare program as well. Dont you think thats a bit much.

The current total U.S. national debt is $11,666,485,985,008.
Your share is $37,982. Congress so far has avoided making tough decisions over how to foot the bill.And guess what any body with half a brain can tell you what there going to have to do with such a large debt.Raise taxes because its obvious there not going to cut spending when they pas a trillion dollar health care bill at a time when they should reduce spending to stop inflation. If inflation starts coming into play this will be the final nail in the coffin.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

If the TPM wants any credibility at all, this is what they should be protesting.....
costofwar.com...

Where were they when this tax boondoggle started? Calling protesters traitors and bush haters?

The TPM is GOP astro turf not a grassroots organization. Follow the money...who funds the TPM? You will be surprised.

firedoglake.com...
www.sourcewatch.org...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Hush hush
read and learn
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy. Enjoy the face of the puppeteers

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
the tea party movement is in essence, a collection of individuals. some people have made attempts to organize them into a coherent force, possibly to direct it one way or the other but the only commonality is "had enough". i have been registered as in Independent for decades. I have voted Democrat, Republican, Green, Libertarian, and probably a few others during that time. I attended the a tea party in my town last year on tax day, april 15. no matter what big name people are associated with it, nobody leads the tea party. they are simply part of it. various individuals step forward and organize events and invite big name speakers to draw a crown, but neither that organizer nor those speakers lead the group. you might conclude that this group is therefore powerless, cannot bring a candidate forward, and that is very possibly true. i'm not interested personally in coming together behind anybody because we have seen repeatedly, and most recently with obama, that saying the right things during a campaign bears no resemblance to what will be done once in office.

I know a fair number of people who are planning to not vote for any incumbent in upcoming elections. That's my plan. The arrogance of congress being proud of passing this health care bill that they don't even understand, that this nation cannot possibly pay for, by means of buying votes goes too far. We know that they are out of touch with the rest of the country as they expand government and reward each other with higher salaries and expense accounts while the private sector is being strangled. We know they hold us in contempt when they tell us they are doing it all for us. hogwash. they do what they do for themselves and those who donate to them. never has it been truer than today. they are passing new spending bills faster than we learn the names of them. how can anybody of any party believe this is sustainable, let alone helpful?

Both parties need to stop pretending they have the Independent vote sewn up and start paying attention to what they are doing. Republicans do not "own" the tea party movement and should not assume they are going to pick up all those seats in Nov.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I agree, the Taxed Enough movement is of ordinary citizens who have been pushed too far. Too many Taxes. Too much centralized power in Government. Too much of a burden to bear.

Anyone against the people's Taxed Enough movement is a Government shill. We need liberation from the excessive Taxes and excessive Government power and forced services. The people shall overcome.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic, according to three national polls by the Winston Group, a Republican-leaning firm that conducted the surveys on behalf of an education advocacy group. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26 are moderate and 8 percent say they are liberal.

Four in 10 Tea Party members are Dems or independents

Okay...a More accurate headline...

The Winston Group...an admittedly conservative/right leaning organization finds that 17% of those surveyed consider themselves Tea Party members.

1 in 10 Consider themsleves Democrats
3 in 10 Consider themselves "independants"...dare I say GOP X-pats who were looking for something both more conservative and less shunned by the public.
6 in 10 Consider themselves GOP.

As far as 1 in 10 being "democrat"...ahem...what was thier margin of error in the survey...LOL

The whole "4 in 10 tea party members are Dems or Independents" is a terrific way to spin it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here is more great data including comparitive info from Gallup and Rasmussen on the Tea Party Movement. Curiously the movement is almost a mirror image of the demographics of the US. Oh boy this is gonna drive the liberals nuts!
Their boogeyman has been unmasked and it is not the "Rightwing extremists" it is ORDINARY AMERICANS!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by kozmo]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Truth eventually comes out anyway. The way the TPM has been portrayed on the MSM and by the government is evidence of a government on it's last leg. The lies can no longer stand. The elite will say and do what they must to shut the movement up.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

You need to reread it they were talking about people that align themselves with the tea party. Everyone likes to make it out that only republicans join. Hell im not a republican and im considering it thus the reason for my interest.I just didnt realize what the media tells us and reality appear to be to different things.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Here is more great data including comparitive info from Gallup and Rasmussen on the Tea Party Movement. Curiously the movement is almost a mirror image of the demographics of the US. Oh boy this is gonna drive the liberals nuts!
Their boogeyman has been unmasked and it is not the "Rightwing extremists" it is ORDINARY AMERICANS!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by kozmo]

As i looked into it thats what i keep discovering. Heck earlier in the thread people tried to say its run by Dick Armey and the republicans money . Problem is there is no particular person in the tea party movement to donate to. It appears what they do is take donations for what ever event there planning at that moment. And the organizers vary from state to state and county to county.Thats why i find it funny when someone talks about the tea party like they have it all figured out. This is truly just citizens upset with taxes and government take overs.

top topics

join