It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Active @ 7.406Mhz Shortwave

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Not all waves are the same.

Not all mammals or minerals are the same either, but they still are, generally speaking. Like I said, them all being waves, show they are related and building on the same concept so to speak. I don't mean they are the same thing and show how they are indeed related to eachother. I don't see your problem. And I have retracted what I said about sound being a form of radiowaves, but you can transmit sound as EM radiation. I can't see how I managed to say that. I must have forgotten something very basic.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.tpub.com...

From the above site:

COMPARISON OF LIGHT WAVES WITH SOUND WAVES

There are two main differences between sound waves and light waves. The first difference is in velocity. Sound waves travel through air at the speed of approximately 1,100 feet per second; light waves travel through air and empty space at a speed of approximately 186,000 miles per second. The second difference is that sound is composed of longitudinal waves (alternate compressions and expansions of matter) and light is composed of transverse waves in an electromagnetic field.

Although both are forms of wave motion, sound requires a solid, liquid, or gaseous medium; whereas light travels through empty space. The denser the medium, the greater the speed of sound. The opposite is true of light. Light travels approximately one-third slower in water than in air. Sound travels through all substances, but light cannot pass through opaque materials.

Frequency affects both sound and light. A certain range of sound frequencies produces sensations that you can hear. A slow vibration (low frequency) in sound gives the sensation of a low note. A more rapid sound vibration (higher frequency) produces a higher note. Likewise, a certain range of light frequencies produces sensations that you can see. Violet light is produced at the high-frequency end of the light spectrum, while red light is produced at the low-frequency end of the light spectrum. A change in frequency of sound waves causes an audible sensation—a difference in pitch. A change in the frequency of a light wave causes a visual sensation—a difference in color.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Like I said, them all being waves, shows they are related. I don't mean they are the same thing and show how they are indeed related to eachother. I don't see your problem.

They are related only in that many things exhibit a class of behavior that we call "wave phenomena". But a wave of water is not a wave of EM is not a wave of sound is not people doing the wave at a stadium.

My impression is that you feel the term "wave" (also most likely "frequency") binds these things together in a more concrete way, which is where we disagree.

Here's a metaphor for what I think. Material objects often have an attribute we call 'visible color'. One of those colors is orange. I have on an orange shirt at the moment (yeah, it's tasteless). I have, in the break room, an orange fruit I plan to go eat when I get my next cup of coffee. Both are orange. Both have colors. Both things are exhibiting "color" and "orangeness". They are not related by that, other than by their colors. There is no "oneness", syncretism, unity, underlying plane of Pure Forms, or synchronicity that binds them together by their joint attribute, other than of course, they're both orange.

That may seem obvious to you. Now, go back and substitute "wave" for color and frequency. It's still the same statement. Only, now I suspect you'll disagree.

My take on that is that given your handle, you may feel that "wave", "frequency" and "vibration" have another non-physics meaning you've picked up from your studies of metaphysics. The issue comes when you try to map the physics and metaphysics terms one-to-one on top of each other. They're the same words, but the metaphysical use of them (new age) is absolutely different from the physics use of them. Which is why, given that 'what would you do with a time machine' I'd go back and whack Blavatsky, she was the originator of that.

Sound waves, ocean waves, EM waves, hand waves, they all share the "orangeness" of the term "wave". But they describe different things entirely. There's no cosmic unity there.

edit: If I've misunderstood, let me know. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what people are on about on the net, you don't get enough clues and have to extrapolate. Generally when I'm in a meeting and someone's going on what seems to be a tangent, I'll stop the thing and say "When you say xxx, what does xxx mean to you?" because it's obvious we have a communications breakdown.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Like I said, them all being waves, shows they are related. I don't mean they are the same thing and show how they are indeed related to eachother. I don't see your problem.

They are related only in that many things exhibit a class of behavior that we call "wave phenomena". But a wave of water is not a wave of EM is not a wave of sound is not people doing the wave at a stadium.

Fine. And where did I say that in the last post? I am not a snail, and we are completely different, both in appearance and function, but we share many common things, like genes, allthough very different composition, but still our genes are listed up along a double helix, and us both being carbon based, have much the same cell structure, we need water to survive etc. shows that we are indeed not as different as one might think. To me you show an incredible lack of imagination. Gold is completely different from Uranium, but they are both chemical elements, though one of them is radioactive and the other doesn't rust. They are still both metallic in nature and also share many other common things. That you are unwilling to agree with this baffles me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian MysticThat you are unwilling to agree with this baffles me.

Hoists an Internet ATS beer to NCM

Here's to mutual baffledness, then. It's the little things like this that make some people like chocolate, and others vanilla, I guess, although how anyone can voluntarily eat a peach is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

And here's another: How on Earth can anyone call themself Bedlam? I suppose you are aware that Bedlam was London slang for Bethlehem, the world's first mental "asylum" and London's main tourist attraction for centuries, where people could pay to watch naked people, chained to the walls, doped on opium and arsenic, slowly being killed by constant beatings, with big, infected soares in their heads since "doctors" meant it would rid their brains of evil liquids, and if the spectators payed a little extra they got to rape patients when or if they were not occupied being raped by other visitors or doctors etc, while eating and drinking what had been donated to the patients from parents and families of the same patients. Wow, you sure sound like a positive, and really nice guy. Beyond being an a55 in this forum ofcourse. I honestly pity you.

Waveforms are so common in this universe, it is as universal in physics as golden measures and spirals are in life and the universe. Still you refuse to acknowledge this. The same math is involved, but you refuse to see this as essencial or even curious. It seems to be a universal shape and way of movement in the universe, but noooo, it's totally unrelated and irrellevant, cause light is light and sound is sound, water is water, gravity is gravity, brain emissions the same, bio rythms are bio rythms.... I could go on and on. These are all wave forms. Of different kinds perhaps, but still waveforms, with bandwidth, frequency, amplitude, energy in common....

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

And here's another: How on Earth can anyone call themself Bedlam? ...I honestly pity you.

It's an old nickname. My actual name is Tom O'[something], and I ended up stuck with the O'Bedlam nickname (quickly shortened to Bedlam) during my youth following an event better not explained here. It was a definite improvement over the previous one, also better left unexplained.

In my case, the tag was for both the aftermath of the event plus a comment I made at the time, more in line with the definition "uproar, panic, confusion", more than some direct reference to the entire history of Bethlehem Royal Hospital. I know that for someone steeped in symbolism such as yourself, it perhaps seems relevant to attempt to link everything that went on at Bethlem to someone with the nickname as if by some sort of thaumaturgic contagion, but the truth is a lot more direct.

Truthfully, I would find describing myself as 'mystic' to be just as disturbing from my point of view, if not more so, but each cat his own rat.

Waveforms are so common in this universe, it is as universal in physics as golden measures and spirals are in life and the universe. Still you refuse to acknowledge this. The same math is involved, but you refuse to see this as essencial or even curious. It seems to be a universal shape and way of movement in the universe, but noooo, it's totally unrelated and irrellevant, cause light is light and sound is sound, water is water, gravity is gravity, brain emissions the same, bio rythms are bio rythms.... I could go on and on. These are all wave forms. Of different kinds perhaps, but still waveforms, with bandwidth, frequency, amplitude, energy in common....

A waveform is no more than a visual depiction of a cyclical event. The terms bandwidth, frequency, amplitude and so on have clear definitions in physics, but are all just attributes of some cyclic phenomenon. It's not amazing that cyclic phenomena possess these attributes, because they're the attributes we assign to cyclic phenomena. That doesn't give them all some sort of cosmic oneness.

To me, it's like saying that all moving objects share this amazing set of common attributes, like snap, crackle, pop, jounce, jerk, acceleration, velocity, position. And at non-relativistic velocities, one elegant mathematical equation set describes them all! Motion is common throughout the Universe. And because all moving objects have these attributes, well, somehow that makes them all alike, perhaps even somehow identical, all springing from a single Platonic Pure Form.

But the only thing that's really linking them is the terminology, and that's because it's the terminology used for moving objects. A moving parakeet is qualitatively different from, say, a moving hunk of cheese, even though they're both moving, and you use the same math and terminology to describe motion in both cases.

edit: TMI

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Nearly all of those objects you mentioned would have to be tossed to move, so yes, they are related in that respect. The fact that waves, circles and spirals and helixes are universal forms we see all over the universe. Each being related somehow respectively.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Any working links to the noise. I'd like to hear it.

Waterfall looks like multi-channel military modem.

Depending on spectrum spread and channels will tell you country of origin.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Fine. And where did I say that in the last post? I am not a snail, and we are completely different, both in appearance and function, but we share many common things, like genes, allthough very different composition, but still our genes are listed up along a double helix, and us both being carbon based, have much the same cell structure, we need water to survive etc. shows that we are indeed not as different as one might think. To me you show an incredible lack of imagination. Gold is completely different from Uranium, but they are both chemical elements, though one of them is radioactive and the other doesn't rust. They are still both metallic in nature and also share many other common things. That you are unwilling to agree with this baffles me.

Here's the problem Neo Christian Mystic. Even if Bedlam completely figured out that he was wrong, his ego would prevent him from admitting it. He's stuck in a world that is so hopelessly dependent on specifics, he has lost the bottom-line basics.

You are correct, his lack of imagination is one of his many blockades preventing him from attaining knowledge that exists in a greater reality, and as Einstein said, "imagination is more important than knowledge." Everything at its core is compressed energy, and everything contains its own frequency, therefore, the only differences that exist between one object to the next is resonance and vibration.

Don't let him program his earth-bound nonsense into your mind because you may get hopelessly trapped in the same rabbit hole that has his mind on lock down. It is merely ignorance masking itself as intelligence.

Much love to all...

[edit on 8-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
You are correct, his lack of imagination is one of his many blockades preventing him from attaining knowledge that exists in a greater reality, and as Einstein said, "imagination is more important than knowledge."

There's a difference between imagination and self-delusion.

Everything at its core is compressed energy, and everything contains its own frequency, therefore, the only differences that exist between one object to the next is resonance and vibration.

Frequency of what? See, this is the difference between us. You want to use the terms in a mystic sense. I use them as physics terms. You'll deny using them in a new age way, but I'll ask you again, frequency of what?

“Scientific research can reduce superstition by encouraging people to think and view things in terms of cause and effect.” - Albert Einstein

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sorry guys, this may result in a traffic sign and a boring message telling me I was stepping off the road smelling the roses, but I couldn't resist it....

And I bet O'Bedlam is a really nice and intelligent knowledgeable person.

Aaaaah, the roses smell like my ex who left me for a rich guy....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Everything at its core is compressed energy, and everything contains its own frequency, therefore, the only differences that exist between one object to the next is resonance and vibration.

More "New Age" quasi-spiritual mantra....

What happened to this thread, after the 20+ pages?

"HAARP Active @ 7.406 Mhz Shortwave" is what the title says.

WHERE is the proof that some unusual tones/signals heard on that frequency are produced by HAARP?

WHY did the OP, some pages back, come in and post that he/she found the tones/signals on a different frequency, subsequent to authoring this thread?

WHO is actually believing most of this woo-woo stuff that has begun to swirl around, which leads me to....

...HOW does this topic devolve into discussions of "energy cores" in "everything" around us, and in one's body, and resonances and vibrations, and whatever else mumbo-jumbo has been spewed....has anyone mentioned "chakras" yet???

(Where's Shirley MacClain when you need her....?)

And, WHAT is something like this doing on ATS? (Oh, in Skunk Works. Well, that's better....except, the real genius of the real 'Skunk Works', in aviation history, ...."Kelly" Johnson, of Lockheed....might be having a chuckle from beyond the grave....)

[edit on 8 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A waveform is no more than a visual depiction of a cyclical event. The terms bandwidth, frequency, amplitude and so on have clear definitions in physics, but are all just attributes of some cyclic phenomenon. It's not amazing that cyclic phenomena possess these attributes, because they're the attributes we assign to cyclic phenomena. That doesn't give them all some sort of cosmic oneness.

Very well stated...I will copy these statements for my records...thank you

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
HOW does this topic devolve into discussions of "energy cores" in "everything" aroundus, and in one's body, and resonances and vibrations, and whatever else mumbo-jumbo has been spewed....has anyone mentioned "chakras" yet???

Well, now that you bring it up, did you know that by using the Paean to Horus chant, vectored through your third eye into the Manipura chakra, you can vibrate frequencies through the Aetheric Plane that repel the negative vibes from HAARP? It helps if you play "Age of Aquarius".

Back to the topic, it sounded interesting, maybe even possible but if OP saw that same signal at 12 something MHz the next night from the same direction, then it's not HAARP; they don't go over 10MHz.

Probably not channel jamming, either, if it comes and goes. Could have been a FSK modem of some sort.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I've begun to wonder, since we use the HF spectrum in aviation.

For many decades, HF has been the way for flights to communicate with ATC when over water, and out of line-of-sight range for VHF.

Position reports, flight following, altitude change requests, PIREPS (weather reports), ATC clearances, etc.

Today, SAT COMM is more and more common, and we also yave data-link with satellites (think of it as text-messaging) to accomplish what used to be done by voice, on HF...much, much better.

We utilize the HF, from the 5,000 Hz up to about 20,000 Hz...generally, because of longer wavelengths, and the way the signals propagate over distance ('bouncing' off of the upper atmosphere levels, such as ionosphere) the lower frequencies are best at night time, higher frequencies when the Sun is above the horizon.

Here's a company with a lot of information about Aviation-band HF:

www.asri.aero...

Here's some info on a feature/procedure we use, called "SELCAL":

SELCAL is a technique that allows a ground radio operator to alert an aircrew that the operator wishes to communicate with that aircraft.

Because of the background noise level experienced on HF radio frequencies, aircrews usually prefer to turn down the audio level of their HF receiver until alerted via SELCAL of a message specifically intended for their aircraft.

Full text here.

Here is the Wiki info on SELCAL:

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and for years I'd set my watch to the most accurate time, by using the WWV broadcast (put out by NIST), from the facility near Ft. Collins, Colorado, on frequencies 5,000, 10,000, 15,000 or 20,000.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The military loves that range for the same reasons, which is why I thought at first it might be a reservation jammer holding the frequency at first, since the sound was very repetitious. Generally, an FSK modem has some easily discernable changes in the sound salad due to the modulation.

Still, it's tough to decide without a decent analysis of the signal, and probably not worth the time. It would be fun to have directional loop receivers all over the US that you could control from the Internet, it would make localizing this sort of thing far easier.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
You are correct, his lack of imagination is one of his many blockades preventing him from attaining knowledge that exists in a greater reality, and as Einstein said, "imagination is more important than knowledge."

There's a difference between imagination and self-delusion.

Frequency of what? See, this is the difference between us. You want to use the terms in a mystic sense. I use them as physics terms. You'll deny using them in a new age way, but I'll ask you again, frequency of what?

“Scientific research can reduce superstition by encouraging people to think and view things in terms of cause and effect.” - Albert Einstein

Your inability to make simple connections concerns me. You are clearly an intelligent human being who has experience in Communications and has knowledge of earth science, however, you need to be updated on the basics which makes it all possible. Just remember, science evolves regularly, and no one person has the definitive answers which explains the world in which we live. The answers are staring directly at you, but, making the proper connections seems to be your only problem and it continuously eludes you. Whether you want to agree with me or not is not my concern. You are so dead set in proving someone wrong and arguing what you BELIEVE are facts, that your ego is blinding you from the larger picture.

Also, you continue to make analogies to mysticism etc, as if you believe that this is some sort of discrediting tool. If that is what you feel makes you correct and me incorrect, then that is an illusion and a construct that has you trapped...not me. Science is only a mechanism to empirically understand what surrounds you by using the 5 senses to which you were endowed. However, the ultraviolet range exists outside of our 5 senses and so do certain sounds and pitches. If it weren't for technology specifically designed to detect these anomalies, we would still be denying that those dimensions exist because of the limitations of the human body and mind. If we were sitting in the 16th century and you postulated the idea that light exists outside of our senses, guess what would have happened to you. You would have been burned to the stake for entertaining science that exists outside of the empirical theory of that day.

There's much more going on out there than your limited earth knowledge can explain. This does not make you inferior, nor does it make you stupid. However, it simply means the science has not yet evolved enough to provide the meaningful explanations that many are missing. To date, scientists are still trying to create mathematics to give credence to many observations that cannot be explained by our current system of conventions. If you are as advanced as you believe yourself to be, then you should volunteer your service to science so that science itself can evolve beyond its current state. Otherwise, you continue to regurgitate that which is already known. And believe me, nothing that you have stated on this thread is revolutionary knowledge.

Go back to the basics. Then you'll have a greater understanding of the very specifics that you are trying to convey.

Many of these people that you feel that you are educating and correcting are much more advanced than you would like to admit, and believe it or not, if you wouldn't constantly reject their theories, you may find that you have something that you can learn from them.

Much love to all...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Great post...this is a perfect example of the problem within the scientific establishment. The information in this post is about the person, why their knowledge is limited, and on and on and on. Great for seminars and lectures where they constantly lose focus and get sidetracked into such nonsense.

As a scientist, I would like to hear what you have to say regarding the science...as I see it now the thread has been discussing limitations of Einsteinian thought/mantra, initial concepts of cosmology that may have poisoned the science to follow, and more good stuff. Let's talk about it...science...NOT social science.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

More "New Age" quasi-spiritual mantra....

What happened to this thread, after the 20+ pages?

"HAARP Active @ 7.406 Mhz Shortwave" is what the title says.

WHERE is the proof that some unusual tones/signals heard on that frequency are produced by HAARP?

WHY did the OP, some pages back, come in and post that he/she found the tones/signals on a different frequency, subsequent to authoring this thread?

WHO is actually believing most of this woo-woo stuff that has begun to swirl around, which leads me to....

...HOW does this topic devolve into discussions of "energy cores" in "everything" around us, and in one's body, and resonances and vibrations, and whatever else mumbo-jumbo has been spewed....has anyone mentioned "chakras" yet???

(Where's Shirley MacClain when you need her....?)

And, WHAT is something like this doing on ATS? (Oh, in Skunk Works. Well, that's better....except, the real genius of the real 'Skunk Works', in aviation history, ...."Kelly" Johnson, of Lockheed....might be having a chuckle from beyond the grave....)

[edit on 8 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

Yawn...Love ya Weedwhacker. I hope you get something more from this thread because obviously you're searching for something.

Much love to all...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join