It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what really is a Deja Vu? & and why am I having them more often?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
One scientific explanation for deja vu is that different parts of the brain are out of sync with each other. One theory is that it has to do with long term and short term memory, and in some instances it happens that your brain records the information faster than usual into your memory, before you even experience it, and that produces this feeling of recollection. Another is that perhaps information from one eye or one ear is being processed faster than the other, so that when the second is finally processed it seems that "this happened before!"

It can also happen more often when you have been sleep deprived; have you been missing much sleep lately, OP?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The reason I don't buy into the scientific theory of deja vu being a delay in processing is mainly because a lot of the time I get these quick millisecond flashes or "remembrances" of a forgotten dream that are almost exactly the same as deja vu. Most of the time they are so fast that I cannot recall the dream, however, there are times that I actually was able to recall the dream, and what I was doing or the thoughts I had prior to the flash was not anything related to the dream content at all. So I think the reason why I have these quick dream "remembrances" and the deja vu is best explained by a consciousness / vibrational state model.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
@ hautmess

I would think that focusing more on a spiritual reality would definitely raise your vibration!

Anything that increases your joy, love, peace, health, consciousness, etc. increases your vibration...

If you are interested in meditation but have a hard time doing it on a steady basis, I definitely recommend www.aypsite.org...

I tried meditating when I was younger but could never slow my thoughts down long enough to concentrate, and I'd get very bored very quickly. After trying the technique out at the site above, I loved it! It even worked for me the first time I tried it! After several weeks of doing it I actually was addicted - it was the best high I've ever had! Now after several months, I'm all together a different person than before I started it and could not be happier in my life...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

well i can say to you a personal experience , which might help you in making some conclusions

many years ago when i was still a kid , i had a strong deja vu which lasted for quite a relatively long time

i was playing footbal with my father in a beach , and as he was preparing to kick the ball , i automatically knew what will exactly happen in the next 10 -15 seconds , like being played in my head , it felt like a deja vu in a deja vu

the ball would hit a little boy -which was really far away - in the head , he would fall down , his mother would come where he was and say this exact phrase 'Dont play football in here , dont you see that little kids are in here ' ,

at the same time i had an awkward feeling that i have lived the exact thing again ...

well guess what it did really happen as it was played in my head , because that moment i knew that i had done this before ...

its so awkward that i cant explain it with words as my native language is not english

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ahh Deja Vu, I had it alot as a kid, and less as Ive gotten older, but still get it from time to time. Isnt it weird? Its like your doing something and you get the distinct feeling you did it before already.

On Wikipedia it states it might just be an anomaly of the memory, not precognition or a prophecy.

Theres also a link between deja vu and disorders like schizophrenia, anixety, and dissociative identity disorder.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
There are energies coming into Earth that have never come in before in order to help Earth and humanity ascend to the 5th dimension.

Hold on, isn't humanity is going to either ascend to a 4th density positive polarity (for those who are "awakened") or another 3rd density (for those who are "not ready")?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have deja vu experiences where I'm doing something and I realize omg I've thought of this over a year ago! Or an x amount of time.. It will be odd too. Like I'll remember the exact Ben & Jerry's ice cream, I'll be standing in the same part of my house, in the same position, wearing the same hat, shirt, pants, shoes, same time of day, with the same music/tv on, and going through the same process of getting the spoon for the ice cream, exact photographic deja vu. Happens from time to time, and actually it just happened recently where I felt like I was almost hallucinating. I would have forgotten without this thread.

Over the weekend at a neighbor's house and I look out the kitchen window above the sink, and thats when I realized the exact get together I'm at I had a thought of it in high school, anywhere 10-14 years ago.

I've had enough odd/paranormal deja vu experiences that whenever my conscious is telling me something, I try my best to listen. And to explore new things, in essence that is like entering a new dimension. And to try your best to never repeat mistakes.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
I've read that we'll be experiencing some interesting bleed throughs of parallel dimensions. There are energies coming into Earth that have never come in before in order to help Earth and humanity ascend to the 5th dimension. These energies are contributing to a lot of unusual occurences for people and society as a whole.

This is excellent. What I've been thinking is that the stars are aligning a certain way right now and it is causing problems for women and men who are not strong willed. People are getting stressed out and are acting differently. I know the economy is terrible now, but I think there is more to it.

I've talked to women and they feel something is odd too. Sort of like how animals can sense an earthquake before it happens. I think women can sense certain things that men can't, and this current alignment is changing the behavior of men who are not strong willed and all women.

Of course I can't prove this, but this is my theory. Not sure how it's linked to Deja Vu perhaps, maybe off topic, my apologies.
But people have been behaving differently lately...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostyPhilosopher
It can also happen more often when you have been sleep deprived; have you been missing much sleep lately, OP?

over this last year, which i've been having an increase in deja vus, i've become way more healthier then i ever was, i'm now completely vegan when last year this time i was lovin the mc donalds.. i'm now almost eating all raw foods.. i've become way more positive and get very emotional at how beautiful the moments are... i almost have some type of deja vu daily.. if not every 2nd day.. been dreaming (or at least remembering them) way more as well as sleeping fuller sleeps. i've only been improving myself and been becoming better as a whole over the length of time that the deja vus have increased and become stronger so to me that is no a possible issue.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by hautmess]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I believe they may be past life experiences and I actually think they can also be a warning of bad things that might be coming.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

This was also my belief, except for the second part of your statement, i was under the impression that the Earth will ascend into either 4th density positive or negative and any 3rd density souls will be re-incarnated on another planet that can sustain 3rd density as the Earth will no longer be on a 3rd density frequency after the coming events...

Anyways, back to Deja Vu, well i think its a perfectly normal occurence in evry single person at some stage in their life. Sometimes people get them more often (unlikely event of epilepsy etc). I think those who get them, myself included should lok at them as a product of a growing awareness of ones self and embrace them, as frightening as they can be when you feel you know what is about to happen.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I had an idea about déjà vu regarding alternate realities. I don't know if I'm using the correct terms here, so don't shoot me down if I'm not.

If you were in a certain place at a certain time and in another reality you were also in that same place at the same time, somehow your brain picks up the alternate you and you get that funny sensation.

Same thing with ghosts, they are people in alternate realities occupying the same space and time but at a different frquency of reality, hence why they travel through walls, aren't in focus and don't speak. For whatever reason they become visible for a moment in our reality, and probably us in theirs.

Is it called phase? I don't know, it's a theory about unexplained phenomena, it could be called anything you want I suppose.

Sendran.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess

Originally posted by Shark VA84
some people say we have nightly OBE's, we were able to witness the future, or witness everything that is, which would include the future. What if those dreams go unremembered as many do, until something in our daily life rings the proverbial bell and that "dream" comes running back to us for a fleeting moment.

That could be it. Sometimes when i realize i'm having a deja vu i think to myself "I had a dream of this" like this one time i walked down the stairs from the 2nd floor of the clothing shop i just started at and that image i was seeing defiantly felt like i did dream it before.

and often when i'm in a lucid deja vu and i'm fully aware i can predict what happens in the split seconds ahead of me.. for example id notice the deja vu and then thing to myself "and then this happend" referring to the next upcoming moment..

I know exactly what you mean, except every time that seems to happen I seem to doubt myself. Like I'll tell myself, OK I really didn't know what was just going to happen, it just happened as I thought of it... hard to explain but maybe some of you know what I'm trying to say here.

Deja vu definitelyis something we cannot explain in words - as of yet anyhow. There definitely is an explanation for it, one that is beyond what science can figure out at this present time most definitely. Once science merges with spirituality, which it has started too much more in recent years, more will come from it. Really, science will be key in showing the masses how spirituality really works eventually, but remember no one can be force to believe in anything... not even with 100% proof in front of their faces. You must experience it for yourself to fully understand anything, my OoBE's did it for me, and will always continue to help me understand more and more.

OoBE's and meditation should help you find the answers you seek. No book, nor article, or person can tell you the true answers you seek in all honesty. No one can tell you why you are here, who you really are, or anything of the liking, those are all things you must learn on your own through your own inner relationship with your higher self.

So if you really wish to find out what deja vu is, you must either seek your inner [higher] self (consciousness), or wait until you die and find out that way... I'd prefer, personally, to not go with the latter, but whatever comes first I guess I'll have to take it, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have heard a number of explanations for deja vu, and some of them I can buy, as they make sense to me, as in you had a dream of something and subconsciously you bring about that situation in your daily life without realizing it and then you get the deja vu feeling, amongst other theories presented earlier, and stated much better than I could.

Some of those, like I said, I can buy. What I cannot buy, is something like, when I lived in Florida I had a dream about my 2 roomates in Chicago, I had not been to Chicago before I moved there and had no interaction with anyone from that area, but yet, when I met them, I remembered them in detail down to their last names and some other stuff. So yea, most of the time I think its people having a dream, then bringing that about, but there are other times when it's clearly not that situation.

On a side note, I wish my deja vu times would be about lottery numbers or something useful instead of something amazingly mundane

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I to have had deja vu experiences, I cant really remember how many but they were all weird sort of like seing some object or person or scenario, that you think you would know but cant really remember, you try to grasp it and the only thing you can figure out from doing that is that you dreamed it before, or you were in this situation before kind of like a memory only not of the past. I even had one for surfing this site, I was looking at some thread i cant remember, just reading thill I saw the avatar of one of the members NuclearPaul he has an old santa as his avatar, and as soon as I saw that I had a flash in my mind of me sitting in the chair sufing the web and looking at the same pic of the old santa. so it was kind of a wow moment because i dreamed this senerio before. Kind of like watching myself watch myself. 'weird huh' The others I cant remember but they were probably all trivial and weird. If I try to remember it's like trying to remember how many pairs of socks you bought in your life.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itachimaru
On a side note, I wish my deja vu times would be about lottery numbers or something useful instead of something amazingly mundane

who says what happens in a deja vu isnt useful? we just dont understand it so we cannot use the moment correctly.. i think its a chance to click into something... like waiting for the right moment to jump... i could think of a infinity amount of other things id rather want then to win the lottery, i think lotteries are a hoax but thats a whole other post.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

I was being attempting to be funny there, there are times where I would say it's useful, but that the same time if you know what is going to happen, I believe you can change the outcome so in essence it's useful and not as useful as it could be. I am really bad at articulating certain things, so I hope that makes sense. I do not see the future as set in stone, but as a fluid and dynamic thing that is always changing, but changing to a certain "template" I guess, basically an " all things are as they will be" kind of mentality.

A lot of how I few things has to do with growing up in a very shinto based martial art, with elements of Buddhism tossed in. I am not terribly attached to material things other than a select few, and tend to be looked at strangely when someone passes as I do not see death the same way as others, it's not the end, but just another path everyone must take at some point.

I probably said way more than I needed to, but I tend to ramble sometimes

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have recently had an unusually strong déja vu both in duration and clarity and I decided in a matter of milliseconds to just start talking and finished a rather unpredictable end to a sentence from one of my closest friends. I immediately added "déja vu" and needles to say, the people present looked at me in a very weird way considering I should not have been able to go along with the sentence due to its very random quality.

I am not saying I predicted the future for a split second, it may have just been a combination of the déja vu putting me in the right frame of mind and the like-mindedness I share with my friend, however, that situation was beyond weird for all present and talked about days after.

I also noticed that I had them far more frequently when I was very young. Too bad they happen so scarcely and brief that we may never be able to apply actual neurological science to them to find out if it's really just our minds playing tricks on us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join