It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what really is a Deja Vu? & and why am I having them more often?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've been noticing that i'm having more Deja Vus recently. Strong ones and subtle ones , but either way that feeling is happening more often.. My personal view is that a Deja Vu is when you are in the right spot at the right time. or when in a parallel universe you are in the same spot as your other self.. I want some more information from scientific to theoretical and spiritual points of view.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Forgive me if this is rather garbled .... as it is late here ...

An explanation i heard for deja vu , related to an area of the brain which we use in `rehearsal` of an action etc .The rehearsal of the action gets processed virtually simultaneously along with the action itself . This gives us the sense of familiarity , and repetition .

I think i could of expressed that a little better .....
however

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've read that we'll be experiencing some interesting bleed throughs of parallel dimensions. There are energies coming into Earth that have never come in before in order to help Earth and humanity ascend to the 5th dimension. These energies are contributing to a lot of unusual occurences for people and society as a whole.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You know there is most likely a perfectly reasonable psycho/physiological explanation. In my late teens, however, I began experiencing deja vu at an abnormal rate for about a month. Nothing spectacular, no visions that saved lives or had real consequences, but there were definitely some weird occurances.

I then began to think about possible paranormal reasons. You know those dreams that you don't really remember having until something reminds you of it, or you happen to remember some specific parts randomly later in the day (happens to me at least). Well I wondered that if in the dream state, where some people say we have nightly OBE's, we were able to witness the future, or witness everything that is, which would include the future. What if those dreams go unremembered as many do, until something in our daily life rings the proverbial bell and that "dream" comes running back to us for a fleeting moment.

I am not pushing this as truth or my belief, just a notion that crossed my mind as a youth. I am all for the psycho/physiological explanations, but the wierd, semi predictive nature of some of those deja vu's still makes me wonder otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Have you started meditating recently?

The reason I ask is because when I started to meditate, I started to have deja vu. Now, after several months of meditating I have it all the time- the majority of which seems to be dream related.

I searched online for hours trying to find a scientific explanation or at least a plausible reason why, but I did not find much.

The best thing I could find:

Everybody has several dreams a night. Most people don't remember them because their body is dulled down my lower and denser vibrations and the dream state is a higher vibrational state. Since I started meditating, my body was being purified and my vibrational state was being raised. The higher vibrations of the dream memories are triggered by resonance with the higher vibrations from meditating, exercising, or whatever raises your vibration and hence, the deja vu.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I thought deja vu was something you did twice, but it's actually a scene you dreamed of.

We will have more control over this in 2012.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
some people say we have nightly OBE's, we were able to witness the future, or witness everything that is, which would include the future. What if those dreams go unremembered as many do, until something in our daily life rings the proverbial bell and that "dream" comes running back to us for a fleeting moment.

That could be it. Sometimes when i realize i'm having a deja vu i think to myself "I had a dream of this" like this one time i walked down the stairs from the 2nd floor of the clothing shop i just started at and that image i was seeing defiantly felt like i did dream it before.

and often when i'm in a lucid deja vu and i'm fully aware i can predict what happens in the split seconds ahead of me.. for example id notice the deja vu and then thing to myself "and then this happend" referring to the next upcoming moment..

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I thought deja vu was something you did twice, but it's actually a scene you dreamed of.

We will have more control over this in 2012.

How do you know we will have more control over deja vu during 2012?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
Have you started meditating recently?

The reason I ask is because when I started to meditate, I started to have deja vu. Now, after several months of meditating I have it all the time- the majority of which seems to be dream related.

I searched online for hours trying to find a scientific explanation or at least a plausible reason why, but I did not find much.

The best thing I could find:

Everybody has several dreams a night. Most people don't remember them because their body is dulled down my lower and denser vibrations and the dream state is a higher vibrational state. Since I started meditating, my body was being purified and my vibrational state was being raised. The higher vibrations of the dream memories are triggered by resonance with the higher vibrations from meditating, exercising, or whatever raises your vibration and hence, the deja vu.

I have not been practicing meditation on a regular basis but i have begun to try over the last couple years. but in relationship to meditation over the last few years that i've been noticing the increase in deja vus i have been developing spirituality and have been focusing more on reality in a spirtual way. I have been researchign everything from a-z and trying many different things all in the quest to understand my destiny and become a better person who is able to help other more.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The only way I can explain it is like I heard it:

Your body is like a car, a car riding down the highway. You see only those things so far ahead of you and behind you and what is immediately around you.

When we sleep, if trained or by accident, our consciousness/soul/spirit can leave the body during a dream/lucid/light sleep state and enter the spirit/time realm.

Back to the car metaphor.... you exit the car and float above the car and traffic..you now see not only that directly around you...but things further in the distance down the highway ..either past or future.

You awake from the dream...go on with life until BAM... you experience something you saw in the dream/spiritual/lucid realm....Deja Vue.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
In theory, deja vu's can be triggered by any of the senses. It's common for smells to trigger them. A perfume, flowers, food.

I find them annoying, but meaningless. Once I had one that was so strong, it stopped me in my tracks. I was anticipating something to happen.....but it didn't.

Technically, they are considered a "disturbance of memory".

A false recognition. These include:

Deja vu: illusion of visual recognition in which a new situation is incorrectly regarded as a repetition of a previous memory.

Deja entendu: illusion of auditory recognition.

Deja pense: illusion that a new thought is recognized as a thought previously felt or expressed.

On the other side of the coin there is:

Jamais vu: false feeling of unfamiliarity with a real situation one has experienced.

...Now these little memory disturbances are harmless and fleeting. Now, if one should get "stuck" in one, there might be an underlying problem. But for the most part, I just find them amusing and move on.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Scientists don't really know for sure yet what causes most deja vu's. There are a couple theories that are still being explored. One of the main ones now is a very very short delay in processing certain signals as they cross from one side of the brain to the other. Sometimes it just happens and it doesn't indicate a problem at all.

There are certain medicines as well as medicine combination's that can also cause deja vu experiences.

Another possible cause of deja vu's could be simple partial seizures that arise from the temporal lobe in the brain. Often times they are accompanied by feelings of depersonalization and or derealization. These are where you feel detachment or feelings that things around you aren't real.

Most people think of seizures in the classic sense where there is violent jerkings of the entire body (generalized seizures). Most people who have seizures though have partial seizures. Those that only involve a specific area of the brain. Sometimes before generalized seizures, some people experience an aura. Aura's are actually partial seizures themselves.

I am in no way saying you are having seizures. It would be ludicrous to try to diagnose something like that through a posting on the internet. There are other reasons people experience deja vu's other than seizures. But the experiences can come from the same area of the brain.

Repeated and continued re-occurrences of them though or having them along with other "weird" or unexplained experiences should be checked out by a doctor. But just having a few occasionally is probably no big deal.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaMente

i like what you describe.

in certain eastern teachings, all that you will ever experience and all that you have already experienced is built into your very subtle "causal body".

therefore, as you refine your vibrations, you are able to perceive more of what is your "destiny". albeit only a small fraction. also i believe it is the only explanation for successful clairvoyance, in that a gifted person can fortell your future, by reading / feeling your causal body aura.

i expect that those of us who are sensitive to the new vibrational era/zone (2012+) we are entering into will have deja vue, telepathy and other at present unusual skills/gifts. interestingly, neptune, the planet of spirituality, enters its own sign of pisces in 2012.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm not sure what it is but I've had some pretty powerful Deja Vu before.. like so powerful I thought I was going to lose my balance and I had to sit down...

I haven't had it recently though so I don't think anything otherworldly is going on... Deja Vu is weird but then again a lot of human thoughts and experiences are pretty weird, probably because consciousness as advanced as ours is new to the planet and we haven't evolved far enough for it to change all that drastically or refine itself all that much...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

That is exactly what I am referring to. It's never some prediction that has any consequence, it's just those 1-5 seconds of "knowing" exactly what happens next. For example, you have one sitting at the desk and you sit in that deja vu daze for a few seconds. You think, I've been here, my friend is about to call my name or walk in the room, sure enough it happens. My question to you is do you ever have that gut feeling that you are supposed to do something, then you debate doing it? Nothing major, could be something as simple as "I am supposed to put my foot here or do this". It is an unexplainable feeling for me.

I'm extremely open to the fact that this can be caused by all sorts of things; and that any "predictions" or feelings of needing to act could be caused by a delay in impulses or signals to and from parts of the brain. Wish the answer was clear my friend.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Woah....So deja vu is something you've already percieved in some toher plane of reality? Can you explain it a little more if possible?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I heard a long time ago that Deja vu is a sign that your exactly where your supposed to be in your life. If you believe in that sort of thing, its like you set your life plan up for yourself before coming here to live it. So, when you have deja vu its little glimpses of you remembering and it just shows you your exactly on 'your path'. Zero science in my post btw.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

the explanation i like the best is it can be due to recall error. For example sometimes something happens, we "recall" seeing that happen and think we have deja vu. However some scientists pointed out that it might be because we had been in a similar situation, or heard of an identical situation, but when we recall it, we unconsciously shape the memory to fit what we are experiencing right now, giving the false sense of deja vu.

But in truth no one really knows truly what causes it do to the fact you never know when its going to occur makes it difficult to study.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
None of you are right. It is clearly a glitch in the Matrix

Of course I'm kidding. As far as I am led to believe, dejavu occurs when the two sides of the brain process the same event with a slight delay, thus resulting in us experiencing the event twice, so to speak. It seems to make sense. If this is fact then I suppose it unveils the question "Why is there an increase in the two sides of my brain not working in synch with each other?".

Perhaps there are other reasons. Paranormal, parallel universes, dreams - I don't know for sure. The things that sways me from these explanations is the fact that dejavu events are never life-saving or of any real significance. Know what I mean? We only ever know about the dejavu until we complete the event or action. If it was otherwise, then you'd see me hanging around the roulette tables or going all in at Hold 'Em

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Sometimes when I get deja vu , i actually get a scene played out in mind of what is to come, a couple seconds only. I have been with people when this happens. I speak out loud when this happens now.. Kinda wierd.. it has happened 5 times.

I can see the future! haha, not really, but kinda.. Not a very useful power.

Anyways just my story with deja vu. I dont know what is happening, maybe some kind of connection with a future, or different dimension, ?
I dont give it much thought, as I live for today, but it is interesting topic to discuss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join