It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think aliens want to help us but the powers that be are preventing them from helping.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bnoe50
I completely agree. aliens can and want to help us just as they did for ancient civilizations like the mayans and egyptians. The only thing is if aliens landed here on earth and came out of there spacecraft people would be freaked out.

And what makes you think the ones visiting us today are the same that helped ancient civilizations?

They could be anyone really, just check out the vastness of space :p

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Considering the vastness of space, I would guess that many different varieties of non-Earthly beings exists. The possibility of encountering a hostile alien people on Earth seems logical with the passage of 6000 years...unless someone is protecting us. I have always wondered if the Anunaki's are basically on patrol and others have been warned to not interfere...just a thought.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
when i said help humanity i'm sure they are already doing their part but what i meant to say was how the make their presence known on a global scale (which i guess would be different then helping) would result in mass hysteria...

Why would it result in mass hysteria?

Let's see some hard facts to support that, not supposition, speculation and well-worn mythology. Claims of "mass-hysteria" is nothing but more special pleading.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I also think Aliens or whatever advanced life would want to help us however we (earthlings)would first need to make peace with ourselves.

If there was a bigger federation or league of planets/lifeform structures or whatever I do not think they would want to invite a planet/species that cant even be at peace with themselves. How can they expect us to function properly with an advanced race if we cant even get it together with ours.

All the wars, conflicts would need to stop before anything.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

I dont think people would freak out if you bring in 2 aliens one dressed as jesus and one dressed as allah and they are holding hands then maybe humans will embrace them.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think if there are multiple alien races, then politics would have to be involved.

They agree not to interfere with humans as a developing species, except for worst case scenarios such as pre-emptive strike on missiles that could lead to nuclear wars etc.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

You beat me to it.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

Advanced and technological ET's, who have some interest in our species or planet in general, are not going to be prevented from directly contacting us, should they desire to, just because politicians and army intelligence says no.

If they wanted to leave no doubts as to where they are, who they are and what they wanted, they most certainly would do it, permission of not.

I think the involvement of intelligence services and politicians, has more to do with those organisations maintaining their positions of power over many of us, than it does with any kind of fairy tale involving 'mass panic', as is so often given as a reason for not informing the public.

It's a load of rot.

ET's are probably ambivalent to us knowing or not, they just do what they do, and would do whether we all accepted them or not.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
hey guys, just tossing in something, now im not sure if this was a dream or what, but i saw something land while i was out hunting, it was in a clearing. a..'hatch' opened and some..reptillian-looking creatures crawled out. and for further detail, the jaws had huge,sharp needle-like teeth. and they had scales over their body,like HUGE scales. i estimated around, ehh.. 7-8 ft. tall or so? but yeah it freaked the living s*** out of me. nobody else has ever believed me. i have always looked for that spot again, then i found it, march 27th. '09. and it had an odd shaped 'indent' in the dead grass in the center. also some charred stuff around the edge of the clearing. the night after i had the encounter, i had a dream and the same creature approached me and said, ''this is not the last time you shall see us..we know you were there.....we will...see you again in approxamately.....3 years....'' like i said again, im not sure if the first encounter was a dream or not, but it was cool, yet freaky as f***.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by hautmess
when i said help humanity i'm sure they are already doing their part but what i meant to say was how the make their presence known on a global scale (which i guess would be different then helping) would result in mass hysteria...

Let's see some hard facts to support that, not supposition, speculation and well-worn mythology. Claims of "mass-hysteria" is nothing but more special pleading.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

I think that it would scare a lot of people, thats why..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don´t know have you seen this, but if not, then it might interest you:
planetx-nibiru-jb.blogspot.com...

It´s long, but worth waching.

Edit: It´s not about PlanetX theme, it´s just blog´s name. The video is about many stories from people, many children, who claim having experiences with aliens. Very interesting stuff. After watching this it seams, that aliens are much more interested in children than in government people

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Amandla]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amandla
I don´t know have you seen this, but if not, then it might interest you:
planetx-nibiru-jb.blogspot.com...

It´s long, but worth waching.

Edit: It´s not about PlanetX theme, it´s just blog´s name. The video is about many stories from people, many children, who claim having experiences with aliens. Very interesting stuff. After watching this it seams, that aliens are much more interested in children than in government people

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Amandla]

More interested in children, you say?
Boy, just what we need! We already have priests on earth like that, we sure dont need someone from another planet!

Seriously, though, Ive read lots of tales about children seeing ufos, and aliens..and most are not afraid.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Well, in these stories, children really are not afraid of aliens.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The Brookings Report (government think tank studying the problem) official recommendation could imply that such a thing should be kept from the public, as it could disrupt society...
en.wikipedia.org...

It's kind of an old report, but nothing official since then has come out, that I'm aware of, on one side or the other....

Personally, if you want to do GOOD things for folks, you usually don't skulk and hide, or kidnap them...so I'm more inclined to go with "BAD" aliens vs. GOOD.... (or at least, SELFISH or INDIFFERENT).....

There are no real "facts" we can point to, but it would all depend on how they arrived. A large ship over each of the major capitals = mass panic. A lone ship landing on the White House lawn = curiosity. There are a LOT of factors to consider, when gauging public reaction to such a thing. I believe we'd see a range of reactions not unlike what we saw in the movie ID4....

Advanced and technological ET's, who have some interest in our species or planet in general, are not going to be prevented from directly contacting us, should they desire to, just because politicians and army intelligence says no.

Exactly....

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join